WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How's campus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How's campus?

What's the vibe like on campus now that students are back in school?
    The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

I'm interested too! For those Panther Nation die hards who are students...do you encourage friends to come here and post? Are students encouraging fellow students to get out to the games (including Des Moines for the Drake game) this fall?
    "10% of life is what happens to you, 90% is how you react to what happens."

Comment

Did school start this early in the past? I may be blinded by the fact that when I went to UW-Madison for grad school that they never start prior to Labor Day... but two weeks earlier?? I do not remember that big a difference between my undergrad and grad school years!

Comment

My neighbor is taking some classes this year and he had orientation last week. Not sure who was speaking to the orientation class, but the speaker told them, "it's time to put away the Iowa and ISU shirts as you now are all Panthers". Sad he would have to bring it up, but glad it happened.

Comment

Word is that the Student Section Organizations wracked up a whopping 400+ students over the summer orientation period. Memberships that is! Awesome! No way there WONT be under 1200 UNI Students at games this year
          Career (3 sport) Coaching Record: 50-3
          the Future coach of the Depaul Blue Demons

Comment

Originally posted by alleycat View Post
            My neighbor is taking some classes this year and he had orientation last week. Not sure who was speaking to the orientation class, but the speaker told them, "it's time to put away the Iowa and ISU shirts as you now are all Panthers". Sad he would have to bring it up, but glad it happened.
            That is awesome that they are saying that! Made my day!!!

Originally posted by UNI MadCat View Post
            Did school start this early in the past? I may be blinded by the fact that when I went to UW-Madison for grad school that they never start prior to Labor Day... but two weeks earlier?? I do not remember that big a difference between my undergrad and grad school years!
            UNI has always started about this time as since at least 1999. You guys in Wisconsin are just a bunch of whimps!!!
            Last edited by Matt Trump; 08-21-2006, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Talk about vibe around campus - how about what happened VA Tech today??? I've heard on the news that an arrest has been made, but wow. The rumor potential alone in a campus setting would make for a potentially panicked atmosphere.

Comment

As my financee said about an hour ago, while calling from campus:

"Wow, there are a rediculous number of mini skirts around today."

Comment

Originally posted by Newsbreaker View Post
                  As my financee said about an hour ago, while calling from campus:

"Wow, there are a rediculous number of mini skirts around today."
                  That is the best part of fall, especially for the football players who have had nothing but each other to look at over the last few weeks.

Comment

yes....from what i remember, those miniskirts go into hibernation around halloween, but return after spring break....

here is the big question though: can whatever buzz there is with students last until the first home game being on September 9th? i believe it can but it would be great to have an early Thursday night game like August 31 to really kick start the season (maybe next year)..... students, just be there in droves on September 9th!!!!

Comment

i started at UNI in the late 90s and i believe we had 2 weeks of classes before labor day weekend...it was nice, a built in 3 day weekend....with all schools everywhere it seems that classes started earlier and earlier (man do i sound old)....

Comment

my house is right by the hill and I'm looking forward to both Labor Day and Mini Skirts
                        GO PANTHERS!

Comment

It's up to the students to maintain the 'buzz' on campus about UNI football and other fall sports. Us old people just need to show up in droves and have a great tailgating atmosphere Sautrday the 9th. It's about more than just the football game in my mind. We have to help create atmosphere outside of the Dome so students see it as a viable option to stay in Cedar Falls on gameday Saturdays instead of going home or to another location in the state.

Have a great first week students...enjoy a long Labor Day weekend and then get ready for a GREAT home football weekend September 9th!!!
                          "10% of life is what happens to you, 90% is how you react to what happens."

Comment

I feel that the students will show up more than ever before. Those who went to Chatty want to replicate that atmosphere in the parking lots and the Dome. The incoming freshman are always up to see "what to do" in CF/UNI. If the upper classmen leadership of the student section shows what can be done, and how to do it, then it will make for an AWESOME atmosphere in the Dome. It's gonna happen this year...I can feel it...already!
                            The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

"Oh man, thoughts of Chatty"
                              IF FOOTBALL DOESN'T START SOON I AM GOING TO EXPLODE!!!!!!!!!!!
                              "I think they're very good," Farley said of the preseason top 25 Hawkeyes. "But so are we."

Comment

Working...
                              X