WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016 wnit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016 wnit

Took 40 3 point shots, made 12

Would rather not play Drake again, not that there's a choice. Would loved to have played Iowa, they are about as dis-functional as our mens team was in January.

Comment

UNI wins! Way to go ladies! 64-58
      GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Minnesota and South Dakota play today at 2:00....we get the winner. Site TBA...
        Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
        Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
        - George Halas

Comment

Originally posted by GonzoCat View Post
          UNI wins! Way to go ladies! 64-58
          Great win this basketball season keeps getting better and better. This team deserves our support.
          "My role is to lead, plain and simple. . . .I with the help of my staff and our administration, we will lead." --Ben Jacobson

Comment

Sharnae Lamar had 15 assists and only 1 turnover. not too shabby. That sets the UNI single-game record for assists, and she also claimed the UNI season record for assists as well.

Comment

SIU lost (on a Western Illinois buzzerbeater in overtime) in the WBI first round on Thurs. night.
              Drake lost (obviously) to UNI in the WNIT secount round last night.
              MSU lost to TAMU last night in the NCAA womens tourney.

That means UNI is the last MVC team playing in both WBB and MBB.

Comment

Went to the game last night, first time I've seen them play this season. Just a few questions. Can this team not drive the lane to score? It seems like they were tentative the whole game, staying outside launching 3s. Drake looked pretty fearless with their inside game. It also looks like they aren't aggressive in getting offensive or defensive rebounds, instead focusing on running back.

Lamar played a great game defensively too, getting those offensive charges called on her opponent.

Again, just my observations and wondering if that's the way the women have played all season, or does Drake provide matchup difficulties for them.

Looking forward to the next round, hopefully at the McCleod center.

Comment

UNI will face the winner of South Dakota @ Minnesota, which is about to tip off.
                  How the host schools are chosen
                  The host site for each game is selected by the WNIT committee based on several factors such as fan base, host bids, facility availability, tournament seed, travel constraints, etc. A team's desire or ability to host or not to host has absolutely no bearing on that team being chosen for the 64-team field.
                  I'm guessing that if Minny wins, UNI will travel up north. We might host if SoDak wins, but it looks like USD averaged a bit higher attendance than UNI, so it is possible they could have outbid, I dunno.

Comment

end of 1st qtr:
                    MN 26
                    USD 19

Comment

Comment

at halftime:
                        USD 45
                        MN 43

Comment

Originally posted by havok58 View Post
                          ... Can this team not drive the lane to score? It seems like they were tentative the whole game, staying outside launching 3s. Drake looked pretty fearless with their inside game. It also looks like they aren't aggressive in getting offensive or defensive rebounds, instead focusing on running back. Lamar played a great game defensively too, getting those offensive charges called on her opponent. Again, just my observations and wondering if that's the way the women have played all season, or does Drake provide matchup difficulties for them...
                          Weekly can drive it, but sometimes a good defender/defense just takes it away, as with Missouri State. Sorenson will drive a little bit. Maybe our best driver is Herzberg, who unfortunately was injured earlier in the season but will hopefully be back at 100% next fall.

But coach Warren's teams tend to be big on 3 point shooting, and this one is no exception. If both MW and AS are hitting we're tough to beat. Drake is an improving program (beat Iowa State and Wisconsin earlier this season) and are pretty physical, plus they've already seen us twice.

Comment

after 3 qtrs:
                            USD 70
                            MN 58

with 4:37 left:
                            USD 85
                            MN 79

Comment

This has to has to be the most regionalized tournament ever

From my NSA monitored nexus 5

Comment

Final score:
                                South Dakota 101
                                Minnesota 89

Panthers will take on the Coyotes
                                I expect the location, date and time will be tweeted in the next 20 minutes or so

Comment

Working...
                                X