WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uni vs isu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Uni vs isu

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
    I agree with Blue42, although there's a pretty big difference in talent level and overall program between the Cylon teams that lost to NDSU and the Iowa program now.
    Stanford would disagree as they were not impressed

Comment

Originally posted by 1988 View Post
      The Roku channel does have it but you a subscription to cyclones.tv. They have a $6.95 24 hour option available. A lot cheaper than $70 a ticket.
      If you have Mediacom but won't be home during game time is there a way to watch online with your mediacom login?
      "I think they're very good," Farley said of the preseason top 25 Hawkeyes. "But so are we."

Comment

The year NDSU beat Iowa State by 17...the Clones won at Kinnick a few weeks later.

That was only two years ago. I don't think Iowa's talent level has changed too much since then.

Not suggesting NDSU is a lock...but are they capable of winning that one. Yeah I think so. Wouldnt chalk up a W for Iowa til they earn it.
        Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudrafan View Post
          Stanford would disagree as they were not impressed
          Who cares? Iowa St. would've done better???? That's laughable.

We'll see what happens with NDSU. BC's 14 point spread could well happen, but IMO it will be with Iowa pulling away in the 4th.

Comment

Iowa could win big, NDSU could win small, or anything in between could happen. Anyone who doesn't understand that doesn't understand college football or is drunk on black and gold koolaid.
            GO PANTHERS!

Comment

I live about an hour and half north of the Twin Cities and commute every day to Duluth and constantly see billboards for NDSU. It is an obvious recruitment strategy for NDSU to make their numbers and having reciprocity with MN is huge. UNI has no interest in recruiting students out of MN as they don't need those students to make their numbers plus pretty difficult for MN students to pay out of state tuition/room & board of something like 30k a year. Would be a huge waste of resources to market the Twin Cities area for UNI until Iowa and Minnesota agree on some sort of reciprocity agreement. For what it is worth this would also help with the recruitment of Minnesota athletes for UNI as currently UND and NDSU have huge advantages in recruiting because of the reciprocity agreements between ND and Minnesota.

I hope NDSU beats Iowa because that helps the Valley, every OOC win for the Valley means better seeds and more teams getting in the playoffs.

I think Panthers avenge last year's loss and win pretty handily something like 27-10. The Panthers are not a good match-up for any coach to be making their debut against.

Comment

Originally posted by wretched View Post
                I think Panthers avenge last year's loss and win pretty handily something like 27-10. The Panthers are not a good match-up for any coach to be making their debut against.
                I expect this to be a very even game.

Keep in mind, last year it was 10-7 at half. For the game, the rushing yardage was 126 UNI - 77 ISU.

Our offense was NOT prepared for that game. They will be this year. However our defense will be much younger.

ISU in 1st game of season with a new coaching staff/scheme. Always dangerous.

I think it's a battle right down to the wire.
                Last edited by Blue42; 08-19-2016, 03:12 PM.
                Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

We got beat on terrible punting last year.
                  #MACtion

Comment

I can still remember how embarrassed/upset I was after the game last year. Both with the horrible punting and the lack of an offense. We obviously figured out both just before it was too late in the season, but that was a hard game to watch. After all the hype about the hurry up offense I was excited to see what it looked like during a real game and I was very disappointed.

Thankfully we know exactly who we are going into this game.

Comment

Originally posted by otter View Post
                      I can still remember how embarrassed/upset I was after the game last year. Both with the horrible punting and the lack of an offense. We obviously figured out both just before it was too late in the season, but that was a hard game to watch. After all the hype about the hurry up offense I was excited to see what it looked like during a real game and I was very disappointed.

Thankfully we know exactly who we are going into this game.
                      Yes, but I'm glad we made big adjustments after that game because the UNI team that played the rest of that season was pretty dang good. Bailey only got more comfortable with the offense and the changes to the line were very effective. Not to mention finally going with our best RB instead of splitting carries 3 ways. If the receiver play improves and our Defense is business as usual this will be a fun team to watch

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
                        Who cares? Iowa St. would've done better???? That's laughable.

We'll see what happens with NDSU. BC's 14 point spread could well happen, but IMO it will be with Iowa pulling away in the 4th.
                        For the record, not a clown or squak fan... Just know iowa is way overrated and hides behind their schedule in football and hoops

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

IIRC, Iowa State's average starting position was their own 49 yard line. Of course, that includes a runback for a TD, but the kicking was a huge factor in the game.

Comment

Close game in 2011, too. If I recall correctly, UNI had a lead late and Bernard's short punt gave ISU position for the go ahead score.
                            "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

It was more than that. In the Iowa St. game our offense was really disfunctional, especially in the second half. It was the first game action for Bailey in what, years? I remember the D being on the field way too much, and understandably running out of gas.

If we can run the ball, I like our chances. The key to that is keeping Demond Tucker from living in our backfield. He's a pretty good player, who potentially presents a problem for our O line. That's a good test to start the year.

Comment

I like our chances more and more. Bailey was also pretty one-dimensional with trying to run way to much. As the season progressed he made more passing attempts and completions. If he can maintain a balance, let his running backs work, and throw out of bounds instead of taking sacks, we can keep up.

Comment

Working...
                                X