WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bennett Koch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bennett Koch

Moose wants me to mention that we need to get another tall player from this class. I really think Bennett could be the best of brothers as well as the biggest, it is just taking him some time to grow into his body.

Comment

Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
      Moose wants me to mention that we need to get another tall player from this class. I really think Bennett could be the best of brothers as well as the biggest, it is just taking him some time to grow into his body.
      A certain Minnesot...ian?

Comment

Is he getting a full-ride or is it a 4 for 5 deal?

Comment

Originally posted by Moose39 View Post
          A certain Minnesot...ian?
          A possible future starting lineup including a Koch and a 7 Footer. It would never work...

Comment

Originally posted by Khan4Cats View Post
            Like, Like, Like

He may not have the early stats of his brothers, but I'll take my chances on the quality of individuals that have come from that family to UNI so far and trust the skills will be there when we need them.
            Completely agree. I think we should all be confident that BK will develop into his body and become as good of a player, if not better than his brothers and I think we all know that says a lot. And if he isn't as good as AK and JK then at least we were able to keep the Koch family around for a few more years.

Comment

Originally posted by Panthers to the Bone View Post
              As for Bennett, he's in the 2013 class which is the primary target now for UNI basketball. All scholys are full for 2012 and there will be a few scholys available for the class that graduates Jake Koch, AJ, Sonnen, and Pehl. So far, Matt Thomas and Carson Shanks are the only offers on the table..
              PTTB - Is this still the case? We have 3 scholys available for 2013 with a verbal from Bennett, and two offers on the table being Thomas and Shanks. Is there anything offered that I am forgetting? (Or, as repoted on PN, there would only be one remaining as Pehl lost/gave up his?)

Oh, and the DMR is now reporting the verbal with a couple quotes from Bennett. Panthers to Add Another Koch!
              Last edited by FOTY; 07-17-2011, 10:18 AM. Reason: Pehl

Comment

There are four scholarships total in 2013. Now three.

Koch
                James
                Sonnen
                Morrison
                #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by FOTY View Post
                  PTTB - Is this still the case? We have 3 scholys available for 2013 with a verbal from Bennett, and two offers on the table being Thomas and Shanks. Is there anything offered that I am forgetting? (Or, as repoted on PN, there would only be one remaining as Pehl lost/gave up his?)
                  According to Rivals, it seems you're correct.

Comment

Think the 4th would be Pehl's as he would get his back next year for 1 year if I understand what happened this summer with him giving his up for a year.

Morrison is a year behind the other guys, so I don't think it could be his unless he wants to give up his 5th year of elibility and graduate in 4 years.

Comment

Have we even gotten confirmation from the team/school on who gave up the scholarship? I know Pehl's name has been mentioned on here, but I don't recall seeing a confirmation. Regardless, the way things have been described is that we are out of scholarships for 2012, which would mean Pehl would be on scholarship for that season.

Comment

Do we have any pages for Bennett? Like ESPN or Rivals? I wanted to do something like I did for Olivier.

Comment

Originally posted by FOTY View Post

Oh, and the DMR is now reporting the verbal with a couple quotes from Bennett. Panthers to Add Another Koch!
                          UNI has 4 scholys to give for 2013 (James, Sonnen, J.Koch, Pehl)
                          UNI now has one of those scholys verballed to Bennett Koch.
                          So, UNI has three to give. There are at least four scholys offered right now to athletes (Shanks, Thomas, and Hegner), but only 3 of them have been public info that I have found.

For the 2014 class, UNI would have scholys for Morrison and Rank to give.

IMO, I think Thomas is blowing up huge and will probably get beyond UNI's grasp. Hegner is starting to see the same too. I really hope Shanks decides to come to UNI, as I think he would be a great fit.
                          The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

I had forgotten that we offered Hegner..I saw recently that he had picked up offers from Iowa state and Marquette I believe
                            Top ten UNI football plays from 2001-2011

Comment

From what I can find Bennet was listed at 6'5-6'6 last season, depending where you look. However, most things I've com across that are from over the summer (passing articles, camp mentions, etc...) have him listed at 6'7

Comment

I am sure glad that Mr. Beaton is on top of this news, I mean I do not know what we would do without more Waterloo Open news.

Comment

Working...
                                X