WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arch Madness 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Arch Madness 2016

That chart looks like S. Ill. is in the sections we have gotten it the past. Did they re-color the map but not re-do the seat number amounts?

Comment

Originally posted by unifan View Post

It says the numbers for ticket sales are:

Wichita State - 1,973
      UNI - 600
      Illinois State - 475
      Southern Illinois - 350
      Evansville - 269
      Indiana State - 250
      Bradley - 225
      Drake - 225
      Loyola - 225
      Missouri State - 225

Just was curious, but does it not look like UNI has one of the smaller sections on the seating chart for having the second most tickets sold?
      MOSU last in there own state? ouch.

Comment

Originally posted by Username View Post
        MOSU last in there own state? ouch.
        Tied for last, but yeah, pretty pathetic. Honestly the whole conference is putting on a pathetic show outside of the expected showing by WSU. I know plenty of people don't purchase seats through UNItix, etc...so it's slightly misleading.

I, of course, say this as someone who isn't (can't, to be clear) going to STL. Pretty bummed. Last year was my first time and it was awesome (obviously).

Comment

Originally posted by Born-a-Panther View Post
          We're second in attendance and yet continue to get screwed on seating. I don't understand the philosophy. Don't you want those people and the fan base who support the conference tournament the most to continue to support it in the coming years?

Which would you prefer? Front of sections behind the basket? Or mid-high on the sideline? It really does seem to be a shame that UNI is not honored for its commitment to the conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Born-a-Panther View Post
            We're second in attendance and yet continue to get screwed on seating. I don't understand the philosophy. Don't you want those people and the fan base who support the conference tournament the most to continue to support it in the coming years?
            They give the best sections to teams that sell the least in an attempt to try to get more fans to come. WSU has the largest section, but definitely isn't the prime seats.

Comment

And why don't they use team colors for all schools on the seating chart? They could use different patterns for schools with similar colors.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                They give the best sections to teams that sell the least in an attempt to try to get more fans to come. WSU has the largest section, but definitely isn't the prime seats.

The large size of the Evansville and SIU sections surprises me. I would have thought Illinois State would be larger.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdad View Post
                  Which would you prefer? Front of sections behind the basket? Or mid-high on the sideline? It really does seem to be a shame that UNI is not honored for its commitment to the conference.
                  Up high on the sideline. Last year we went down at the last minute. Saturday we got seats literally right behind the TV cameras at mid court. Perfect view. My wife had friends down in the UNI section, so we went down there for a while. I'll take the high seats at mid court without a doubt.
                  To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdad View Post
                    The large size of the Evansville and SIU sections surprises me. I would have thought Illinois State would be larger.
                    For those schools close to St. Louis (Southern, Bradley and Ill State), their fans tend to wait-and-see if their teams make it through the first round. Being only a couple of hours drive time away makes a big difference in their attendance, so many do not purchase all-session tickets in advance, hence part of the low number of tickets sold that you see.

Comment

If SIU makes the semi's you can bet on having a couple thousand there that weren't there Friday.

Comment

I don't see a huge difference between our section and anybody else's.

Comment

Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
                          Up high on the sideline. Last year we went down at the last minute. Saturday we got seats literally right behind the TV cameras at mid court. Perfect view. My wife had friends down in the UNI section, so we went down there for a while. I'll take the high seats at mid court without a doubt.

Do the "corporate sponsors" sections at mid-court fill up? I can't imagine that they are full for most games.

Comment

Closer you get to the final the fuller they get. We grabbed some open seats during the semi-final and luckily never had to give them up to actual ticket holders but otherwise most of the other seats were filled.

Another group of UNI fans took some open seats a row behind us and started to get a little obnoxious so the staff asked to see their tickets which they didn't have and then asked them to move. The group tried to throw us under the bus saying we didn't have tickets (they had know way of knowing if we did or not) but the staff never asked my family for our tickets thankfully.

Key is to act like you know where your seats are and go directly to the seats and hope the ticket holders don't show up

Comment

Originally posted by otter View Post
                              Closer you get to the final the fuller they get. We grabbed some open seats during the semi-final and luckily never had to give them up to actual ticket holders but otherwise most of the other seats were filled.

Another group of UNI fans took some open seats a row behind us and started to get a little obnoxious so the staff asked to see their tickets which they didn't have and then asked them to move. The group tried to throw us under the bus saying we didn't have tickets (they had know way of knowing if we did or not) but the staff never asked my family for our tickets thankfully.

Key is to act like you know where your seats are and go directly to the seats and hope the ticket holders don't show up

The key is to go to the game with someone who knows what they are doing and has enough confidence to do it . . . so, Otter, where will our group meet up with you?

Comment

Originally posted by otter View Post

Bingo. Act decisively and it Usually works, but sometimes depends on the diligence of the usher in a given section. I'll be there this year so hopefully works again.

In the past I've usually shown up without tickets. Sometimes you can buy from losing teams' fans (never had luck getting anything resembling a reasonable price from scalpers). If not, come prepared and buy from box office using MVC ticket discounts on archmadness.com. Doesn't look like quite as good of deals this year but still worth a look.
                                Last edited by UNI Ka-Bullseye; 02-13-2016, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X