WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Panther Football Commit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014 Panther Football Commit List

Originally posted by Panther/Statesman View Post
    And Ankeny, only 10 miles from downtown is poised to go over 100k in 15 years. What you should take away from all the chamber of commerce talk is that there is incredible opportunity to market UNI in the metro. Great influx of professionals with no local ties, and the panthers apparently on the verge of an impressive football run.
    Good call on the UNI angle here. I just hope someone in the school is smart enough to see it, as opposed to blowing the ad budget on advertising in Oelwein, Waverly, and Charles City (just kidding, sort of).

Also, 9year is correct, the dividing line is 60th, not 50th. That's why some people, especially those with no kids, look to buy east of 50th, to avoid the taxes from Waukee's schools contstruction.

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
      There was a sidebar article in the DMR talking about Allen. Every reference mentioned him at LB. And, Waukee should be good year after year going forward. They just passed a bond issue to build their 40th new elementary school in the last couple of years. Admitted overstatement, but not by much - much of the new construction in DSM is taking place in the Waukee school district. And that's a sh#tload of new homes when you compare to the no growth dead zones which occupy most of Iowa.
      My kids enrolled at Waukee last summer after we moved to West Des Moines. The new kindergarten class is 800 strong. In-sane. By far the fastest growing district in Iowa. Hopefully my taxes don't go nuts.
      Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
      Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
      - George Halas

Comment

Norwalk will probably go 4A football in 2 years, and if not then 4 years, Dallas Center Grimes will go in either 4 or 6. There is a lot of growth in these areas.

The only other school district in the state that compares to this type of growth is Clear Creek Amana.

Comment

Originally posted by 95UNIGRAD View Post
          My kids enrolled at Waukee last summer after we moved to West Des Moines. The new kindergarten class is 800 strong. In-sane. By far the fastest growing district in Iowa. Hopefully my taxes don't go nuts.
          We should organize an informal PN happy hour for those on the west side. It sounds like a lot of us live in the area.

Comment

my taxes went down last year, actually.

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
              We should organize an informal PN happy hour for those on the west side. It sounds like a lot of us live in the area.
              Sounds like a great idea, maybe get a grassroots effort going. I'm interested to see if anyone lives in the east valley and would be interested in getting a game watch going. Met some good panther fans at the alumni event with Farley last year, but everyone was pretty scattered.

Comment

i have never heard of the east valley...what are you referring to?

i sort of live in a valley east of sugar creek, does that count?

Comment

Originally posted by wretched
                  Interesting. Ezra interview on why he made the switch from NDSU to UNI:

http://www.wdio.com/article/stories/s3312159.shtml

Humble kid. Seems to have his head screwed on tight. I like him.
                  Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Originally posted by wretched
                    Interesting. Ezra interview on why he made the switch from NDSU to UNI:

http://www.wdio.com/article/stories/s3312159.shtml
                    Seemed to be a nice way of saying that he thinks UNI will do bigger things than NDSU going forward.

Comment

Or that UNI offered him more $$ than the Bison and he didn't want to explicitly say it

Comment

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN View Post
                        i have never heard of the east valley...what are you referring to?

i sort of live in a valley east of sugar creek, does that count?
                        Between loop 202 and the mountains, but Mesa Chandler and Gilbert would work as well.

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
                          Or that UNI offered him more $$ than the Bison and he didn't want to explicitly say it
                          Technically speaking, you are right. In the real world, it is highly unlikely a money decision. North Dakota gives Minnesota kids in-state tuition, and UNI offered a partial from what I understood. Even walking on at NDSU may have been 'cheaper' than a 1/2 or more scholarship to UNI.

Comment

Originally posted by panther1 View Post
                            Technically speaking, you are right. In the real world, it is highly unlikely a money decision. North Dakota gives Minnesota kids in-state tuition, and UNI offered a partial from what I understood. Even walking on at NDSU may have been 'cheaper' than a 1/2 or more scholarship to UNI.
                            I have been told by multiple people who were "in-the-know" that Ezra is getting a full scholarship.

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
                              I have been told by multiple people who were "in-the-know" that Ezra is getting a full scholarship.
                              We must have dug deep for him, thought I'd heard originally a partial. Hopefully he pans out, we are lacking on both lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Panther/Statesman View Post
                                Between loop 202 and the mountains, but Mesa Chandler and Gilbert would work as well.
                                Lol, i must have missed the conversation switching over to arizona from waukee. My bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X