WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xavier Williams gets some notice ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xavier Williams gets some notice ...

Bleacher Report article, "Predicting Every NFL Team's Surprise Rookie Gem" had me expecting to see David Johnson.

Instead, my first click on this click-o-rama slideshow was met with a picture of Williams - a very prominent "UNI" on his jersey - which will meet the eyes of everyone else. Nice:

It wasn’t too long ago that with the exception of top draft picks, rookie seasons in the NFL were viewed as developmental years...
    "Well, that escalated quickly."

Re: Xavier Williams gets some notice ...

Actually, on that same site is an article entitled "NFL Players About To Lose Their Jobs To Rookies", and one of the guys in the slideshow is Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB, who is projected to lose his job to ......(drumroll)........David Johnson!

From the site:
    "In the third round of the draft, the Cardinals took David Johnson out of Northern Iowa. He was one of the best small-school prospects in the class, and he's comparable to Matt Forte. If Johnson can develop as quickly as Forte did, he should be a Pro Bowl player during his career. He can run or catch out of the backfield like Ellington but has a higher upside, which should vault the rookie into the starting lineup and the incumbent to the pine."
    Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
    Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
    - George Halas

Comment

Re: Xavier Williams gets some notice ...

Originally posted by ronfitch View Post
      Bleacher Report article, "Predicting Every NFL Team's Surprise Rookie Gem" had me expecting to see David Johnson.

Instead, my first click on this click-o-rama slideshow was met with a picture of Williams - a very prominent "UNI" on his jersey - which will meet the eyes of everyone else. Nice:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...kie-gem/page/2
      I did too, but then you have to realize that third round players aren't considered gems or fantastic finds by the scouts. It's a relatively high draft pick. Gems are why Jimmy Johnson traded down a lot in Dallas, or the Patriots now. They're cocky enough to think they can find 5-6-7 rounders (or UFAs)that are better than the guys other teams drafted in rounds 1-3. Those are the true gems.

Comment

Working...
      X