WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've never been a fan of Mark Farley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I've never been a fan of Mark Farley

Originally posted by 12thFloorBender View Post
    Clearly you have not forgotten about Terry Allen have you?

Mark Farley's name has come up how many times with D-1 jobs? Yes it didn't work out for Terry Allen at Kansas, but he's still a better coach than Farley ever will be.
    Really? You want to trade coaches with MSU?
    If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

Bender is right, just look at the powerhouse Terry Allen is building in Springfield.
      Originally posted by TH1974
      This guy was all-UNI, and wanted to show it by pretending to play a non-existant musical instrument in public.

Comment

I'm am not sure on that, I think it is hard to compare the two, even though Allen only coached here 15 years ago, the depth of talent now a days makes winning at this level harder with more teams able to get quality player.

Comment

Originally posted by 12thFloorBender View Post
          Clearly you have not forgotten about Terry Allen have you?

Mark Farley's name has come up how many times with D-1 jobs? Yes it didn't work out for Terry Allen at Kansas, but he's still a better coach than Farley ever will be.
          Ever wonder why Allen can't win at Missouri State? I have long believed that Terry was a good manager as a head coach and his assistants did a lot of the heavy lifting from a recruiting/game planning perspective.

Who were those assistants again? Allen was the figure head...Farley and Salmon were in the shadows doing great work as assistants.
          "10% of life is what happens to you, 90% is how you react to what happens."

Comment

Originally posted by panther2317 View Post
            Ever wonder why Allen can't win at Missouri State? I have long believed that Terry was a good manager as a head coach and his assistants did a lot of the heavy lifting from a recruiting/game planning perspective.

Who were those assistants again? Allen was the figure head...Farley and Salmon were in the shadows doing great work as assistants.
            I never said Farley can't recruit, I'm just saying he isn't a good coach.
            Victory for UNI!

Comment

Some of you guys are as crazy as the griz fans that used to complain about Hauck's championship runner ups total.

Sometimes you're simply the 7th or 8th best team in the NATION. Some fans don't realize that and never will.

Comment

Farley is a great coach. Its absurd to think he should go. Just ridiculous. We have won so, so very many games and conference championships under Coach Farley. We are so incredibly lucky to have what we have had under coach Farley and for the last 30 years.

But I certainly do understand the frustration. Losing these playoff games every year, in the myriad of ways that we have lost them is just soul crushing. I can't explain it, I don't have an answer for it, and it is absolutely gut wrenching....
                UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
                  LOL at this UNI team having the most talent in UNI history. How many players on this UNI team will be drafted?

This team was good, but not great and frankly exceeded my expectations in many ways.
                  exactly....this team wasn't nearly as athletically / naturally gifted as many in the past couple decades. They did about as well as they could have this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Kgriz View Post
                    Some of you guys are as crazy as the griz fans that used to complain about Hauck's championship runner ups total.

Sometimes you're simply the 7th or 8th best team in the NATION. Some fans don't realize that and never will.
                    A good sanity check. Thanks...
                    If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

Clearly he should not go, he is a good coach. I do wish that he learns from this game though and adjusts.

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
                        Farley is a great coach. Its absurd to think he should go. Just ridiculous. We have won so, so very many games and conference championships under Coach Farley. We are so incredibly lucky to have what we have had under coach Farley and for the last 30 years.

But I certainly do understand the frustration. Losing these playoff games every year, in the myriad of ways that we have lost them is just soul crushing. I can't explain it, I don't have an answer for it, and it is absolutely gut wrenching....
                        It's not losing those playoff games. It's HOW they lost the games. UNI has been out coached in many of those losses.

I can handle the losses, just not how games were lost.
                        Victory for UNI!

Comment

Originally posted by DomeRanger Posse View Post
                          This. If Farley has a fault, it's loyalty to a staff that needs to be shaken up badly.
                          We need someone else on the Offensive headset.

We need Farley to stop being afraid to get beat on a blitz or on a press coverage on 3rd down.

That soft D works against Missouri State and Western Illinois. It doesn't work against good teams.

Other teams watch tape too, right? I mean we know that, right?!?!?!?!
                          Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIAlum95 View Post
                            A good sanity check. Thanks...
                            This isn't year 3 or 4 of frustrating losses. Farley has been here long enough to be held accountable.

I hardly think it's a mere overreaction to question his coaching and members of his staff. Salmon has not exactly set the world on fire either.

Trust me I love watching UNI win or lose, but I think UNI shouldn't be losing in disturbing fashion to teams they should beat in the playoffs.

Hell, last week would have been a loss had that guy from Wofford not had 3 major brain farts.
                            Victory for UNI!

Comment

Too many UNI fans are just absolutely spoiled rotten by the success that we have had. I don't think a lot of people really appreciate just how incredibly difficult it is to win as many games as we have won, and to get the caliber of talent that we have got at UNI. It so unbelievably difficult to do what we have done at UNI, and to have been doing it for this long.

I don't have an answer as to why we can't get over the top. I just can't explain it. But what we have is really good. Some tweaks obviously need to be made somewhere, but I can't think of anyone other than Mark Farley that I would want on those sidelines right now.
                              UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                              iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

And obviously you'd tell your sales staff, "I know you never close the big deal, but that's ok, you have racked up so many small ones, and I think you're all just great guys..."

Comment

Working...
                                X