WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#20 UNI @ South Dakota Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: #20 UNI @ South Dakota Game Thread

Those are pretty slick. Nice

Comment

Does anybody know about tailgating in Vermillion?

Comment

Really like the uni's. Hopefully no one wants to ever wear them again because of the bad memories of the Panthers coming to town, though.

Comment

Not a big fan of the shiny numbers on the jerseys, but the rest of the uniform looks pretty sweet. Hopefully we can break them in with a big Panther win.
          Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
          Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
          - George Halas

Comment

Originally posted by goyotes View Post
            It is Dakota Days aka D-days (Homecoming) at USD this weekend. Should be a lot of pregame festivities for any Panther fans making the trip. The Coyotes are also wearing these new uniforms and helmets for the first time

Nothing over-the-top gaudy about it, the color combination works well. Kind of a classic look. I like it (for UNI, I always liked the gold home pants from the late '70s/early '80s, similar to what the NO Saints had way back in the early '70s).
            "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Agreed, I think the 'true' old gold helmets and pants from those days looked great with purple jerseys.

Comment

Originally posted by bselect View Post
                Does anybody know about tailgating in Vermillion?
                Plenty of tailgating. There are reserved spots which are sold out but there is also tailgaing allowed in general parking, which is free. There will be ALOT of tailgating going on this Saturday. Should be a good time.

For reference, it's not as big of a party as NDSU (who is?) but it is bigger and better than at SDSU. Which is not smack towards SDSU. It was confirmed by their own fans that one thing we do right at USD is tailgating. Sort of a backhanded compliment but I'll take it.

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

Comment

Speaking of uniforms, ISU is getting some attention:

"Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Those threads are not going to help them escape the "Clowns" label.

Comment

Today will be an interesting day in the MVFC. First of all UNI has to win and I believe that they will do so handily. The other thing is 4 of the teams with the best records in the conference are squaring of against each other today (SIU vs NDSU and ISU Red vs ISU Blue). Youngstown St is the only unbeaten team in conference play that is playing a like team (WIU). So at the end of the day there will be at least 2 most likely 3 teams that remain unbeaten in conference play and with a UNI win 4 teams with 1-1 records. So with a win today UNI still will be right in the middle of things and remain relevant. If we were to lose today there would be just too many teams between us and the top spot to overcome IMO. So here is the formula, win our game this Saturday & the winning streak starts today.

Comment

Dannen needs to put heat on Farley to make staff changes if they lose any games in the MVFC from here on out, outside of NDSU.

Comment

Its gameday and I find myself dreading kickoff, and wondering what horrible thing our team is gonna do today.

Please, just play like we should for once, and stomp a mud hole into these guys.
                          UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                          iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
                            Its gameday and I find myself dreading kickoff, and wondering what horrible thing our team is gonna do today.

Please, just play like we should for once, and stomp a mud hole into these guys.
                            Same deal here.

UNI football used to be what i built my fall Saturdays around, but today it just not. I'll watch, but I don't find myself flying through other tasks to make sure I'm done like I used to.

I dread a bad start today. This team has the talent but isn't given the tools to crush people.

That said, we win today but won't look dominant. I'll take us 24-14.
                            #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by Purrrrrfect View Post
                              Game will be broadcast-TV: ESPN3, Mediacom & KOZI (sister station of KDLT, 5.2 & 46.2)
                              Talent is Adam Seidel (PBP), Danan Hughes (analyst) and Jim Powers (sideline)
                              I wish i had any of those LOL
                              Feel the Power of Purple !!!!!!

Comment

So do we screw up and wear our Purple jerseys the same way the "screwed up" last year and wore their red uniforms?

Comment

Working...
                                X