WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

December 3rd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: December 3rd

Just noticed a "pending charge" on my credit card (dated 11/22) for $15 to the UNI ticket office.

Not sure exactly what that would be for. I would have figured that they'd run through the charge for my football playoff ticket (had reserved my season ticket seat), but that would be a $30 charge ($25 +$5 "handling charge").

Now I had also reserved my season ticket seat for potential NCAA tournament volleyball, which is listed as $15 for an all-session pass (no mention of any "handing charge"), however UNI hasn't officially been awarded a hosting opportunity yet.

Not that it really bothers me, it just seemed odd to see what I'm guessing is the volleyball charge appearing prior to the football charge.

Comment

If basketball ends up in the afternoon, I am going to be pissed.

Do you know how many strings a retail manager has to pull this time of year to get a certain time off? If you knew this weekend was going to have these possibilities, release everything as TBD and fill it in later...
      #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
        If basketball ends up in the afternoon, I am going to be pissed.

Do you know how many strings a retail manager has to pull this time of year to get a certain time off? If you knew this weekend was going to have these possibilities, release everything as TBD and fill it in later...
        I have a feeling you may very well end up in urination mode. (though nothing has been finalized yet).

I do think that postseason play should take precedence over early season games. But I also agree that once they knew of the potential time conflicts, they should have posted it as TBD, or at least put an asterisk or footnote next to the time. (not that that would stop people from being grumpy about it, though)

Comment

So something like Basketball at Noon or 1, I would actually prefer noon and with the whole practice thing for Volleyball it might take that. Football at 4 and Volleyball at 7:30 or 8:00.

Comment

Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
            So something like Basketball at Noon or 1, I would actually prefer noon and with the whole practice thing for Volleyball it might take that. Football at 4 and Volleyball at 7:30 or 8:00.
            That is the scenario that was mentioned to me as a possibilty.

Saturday would be the second round of the volleyball tournament, so only two teams would require practice time (1 hour each, with the last practice slot ending no later than 1.5 hours before match time), which means the basketball game, in that scenario, would have to finish 3.5 hours prior to the volleyball match, or more accurately, about 4 hours prior, factoring in the time needed to take down the baskets and install the vb nets and such.

They said that nothing would likely be finalized until Sunday evening (11/27), since the NCAA volleyball tournament pairings aren't released until around 5 or 5:30 that night.

Comment

Official December 3rd Athletics Schedule

UNI Athletics Schedule - Dec. 2-3
              Fri., Dec. 2
              NCAA Volleyball - 5 p.m./7 p.m. (McLeod Center)
              Sat., Dec. 3
              UNI Wrestling - UNI Open - 9 a.m. (West Gym)
              UNI Men's Basketball vs. Colorado State - 1:30 p.m. (McLeod Center)
              NCAA FCS Football Playoff - 4 p.m. (UNI-Dome)
              NCAA Volleyball - 7:30 p.m. (McLeod Center)
              GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Last year, the womens basketball game vs. Northern Illinois that was scheduled for thursday night (prior to the volleyball team hosting fri./sat. NCAA tourney matches) was moved to the West Gym to facilitate team practices for the incoming volleyball teams.

I wonder if that will be necessary again this year, with the WBB team playing Southeast Missouri State on Thurs. 12/1

Comment

I was told today that Thursday's WBB game will remain in the McLeod. Though it could possibly be pushed back to an 8 p.m. start.

Comment

Working...
                  X