WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stimulus bill update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stimulus bill update

Saw this in the WSJ tonight. Interesting to look at this on a results basis. $787 B authorized (not all spent yet, or ever, maybe)
    The report, by the Council of Economic Advisers, shows that the economic stimulus has had a significant impact on real disposable personal income and suggests the program will create or save 3.5 million jobs by the end of 2010.
    $787 billion authorized
    ----------- = $224,857 per job created or saved
    3.5 million jobs

Some would argue that the "create or save" number is, how should we say it, generous.

Re: Stimulus bill update

only $225K per job!! what a deal can't believe we don't do another stimulus!
    "I think they're very good," Farley said of the preseason top 25 Hawkeyes. "But so are we."

Comment

Re: Forebears Matter Heedfulness

What is up with all these spam posts today? I don't remember ever seeing them here an I've seen three today.
      Top ten UNI football plays from 2001-2011

Comment

Re: Stimulus bill update

Someone apparently got an SEO contract, and is attempting to create links.

Comment

Working...
        X