WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quad Cities Area Panther Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quad Cities Area Panther Fans

Would anyone be interested in starting a monthly UNI fan get together if I started one up?
    Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Re: Quad Cities Area Panther Fans

Consider checking with the UNI Alumni Association to see if there isn't already a chapter in place in your area. Depending on the commitment of the chapter president, they usually try to meet 4-6 times a year in areas I've lived. Anyway, it would be a good place to start and maybe get some game watches going in the future.
    Last edited by UNI MadCat; 07-07-2010, 08:57 AM.

Comment

I'm not alumni, so I've never really been in touch with the AA. I think something unofficial would probably be more fun, but I could be wrong.
      Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

You dont need to be an alum...

Just thought it might be a good way for you to find other UNI fans without reinventing the wheel. I started attending mine up in the TCs one year in the spring and by that fall we all started really recruiting people for gamewatches and gathered crowds of over 100 people for some games, all due to this connection.

Comment

Originally posted by TravelingPanther View Post
          I'm not alumni, so I've never really been in touch with the AA. I think something unofficial would probably be more fun, but I could be wrong.
          I agree that an unofficial one would be more fun. I'm not sure the average alumni would understand things like intense hatred of Western Illinois Football...or why you named your first kid Mark and your second kid Farley. Your wife is pregnant again and this time you've narrowed the choices down to either Rima or Verduzco. ...and that you hope, with two girls already, this one will be a boy.

Anyway...I don't live in the Quad Cities anymore, so that should help make your meetings more pleasant.

Comment

I've attended a couple of functions put on by the AA, and I don't have anything against them. It just seems like they are usually at X place, and the cost is X dollars.

But if we started up own our, we could rotate the locations, and people could come and just get water if they want. Apparently we don't have any QC posters.

Comment

Originally posted by TravelingPanther View Post
              I've attended a couple of functions put on by the AA, and I don't have anything against them. It just seems like they are usually at X place, and the cost is X dollars.

But if we started up own our, we could rotate the locations, and people could come and just get water if they want. Apparently we don't have any QC posters.
              Here's one QC poster, I just saw this thread. I would attend a get together if it ever happened.

Comment

There we go. Now we're getting somewhere. I drove by a Hawkeye bar the other night. Made me want to throw up. Time to get something going.

Comment

Working...
                X