WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

9 Thoughts: Northern Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9 Thoughts: Northern Colorado

Got a chance to have this out earlier today, so here it is.

1) Great win by the Panthers. This win was needed to build up the confidence they need to compete in a tough MVFC.

2) Offensive line was better. Still not as physical as I would like them, but efficient. It seemed that they appeared more confident in their abilities while playing Nothern Colorado.

3) Defense was great. They flew to the ball and aggressive. Exactly what we wanted to see. They did not let the last couple of loses defeat them.

4) Liked seeing Miller continue to show up. He is not a physical back, but is explosive, fast and hits the hole hard. He has a never give up attitude. He is a good change of pace back and continues to grow.

5) Ronelle Mcneil is now my next favorite D-Lineman, after the X-man. He has really started coming on during the Hawaii game and is continuing great play. He plays recklessly and with so much abandon. If he continues developing at his current rate, watch out towards the end of the season. He is always in on any meeting in the backfield, and I love the energy and athleticism he brings.

6) Penalty, were at a minimum. It is amazing how much being at home settles the nerves and allows for much more aggressive and heady play.

7) Awesome new media viewing service. Kudos to the Panthers viewing system. After seeing Hawaii’s system, I was extremely jealous. Now, from seeing our new service, I can say that I will enjoy watching all the future UNI athletic events!

8) We have quite a few rooks, that have not been redshirted. This speaks of the talent the Panthers have brought in this past year. Doesn’t mean others are less talented, but that these individuals have something the team needs this year. So far I have seen Jared Farley, Billy Williams Jr., Daurice Fountain and Preston Woods. Interesting!

9) Who’s got next? – I understand wanting to give guys as many reps as you can, but you have to think about the future. Farley and staff needs to make sure to get the starters out when the game is in hand. A freak injury to a started is all we need to derail this season. I would have loved to see new offensive linemen in, or Barkley Hill earlier. We have a lot of talent (especially at running back) so let the next group get reps and strengthen the Panthers for the future.

Great way to rebound on the disappointing loss last week and start our new season off properly!

Re: 9 Thoughts: Northern Colorado

Originally posted by Superninja80 View Post
    Got a chance to have this out earlier today, so here it is.

1) Great win by the Panthers. This win was needed to build up the confidence they need to compete in a tough MVFC.

2) Offensive line was better. Still not as physical as I would like them, but efficient. It seemed that they appeared more confident in their abilities while playing Nothern Colorado.

3) Defense was great. They flew to the ball and aggressive. Exactly what we wanted to see. They did not let the last couple of loses defeat them.

4) Liked seeing Miller continue to show up. He is not a physical back, but is explosive, fast and hits the hole hard. He has a never give up attitude. He is a good change of pace back and continues to grow.

5) Ronelle Mcneil is now my next favorite D-Lineman, after the X-man. He has really started coming on during the Hawaii game and is continuing great play. He plays recklessly and with so much abandon. If he continues developing at his current rate, watch out towards the end of the season. He is always in on any meeting in the backfield, and I love the energy and athleticism he brings.

6) Penalty, were at a minimum. It is amazing how much being at home settles the nerves and allows for much more aggressive and heady play.

7) Awesome new media viewing service. Kudos to the Panthers viewing system. After seeing Hawaii’s system, I was extremely jealous. Now, from seeing our new service, I can say that I will enjoy watching all the future UNI athletic events!

8) We have quite a few rooks, that have not been redshirted. This speaks of the talent the Panthers have brought in this past year. Doesn’t mean others are less talented, but that these individuals have something the team needs this year. So far I have seen Jared Farley, Billy Williams Jr., Daurice Fountain and Preston Woods. Interesting!

9) Who’s got next? – I understand wanting to give guys as many reps as you can, but you have to think about the future. Farley and staff needs to make sure to get the starters out when the game is in hand. A freak injury to a started is all we need to derail this season. I would have loved to see new offensive linemen in, or Barkley Hill earlier. We have a lot of talent (especially at running back) so let the next group get reps and strengthen the Panthers for the future.

Great way to rebound on the disappointing loss last week and start our new season off properly!
    #1.....definitely a good team win/I have no idea how those kids beat UNLV

#2.....O line was simply superior compared to their defensive front-they were just no match at all.

#3.....defense was great , and the majority of UNCs' yardage came on short dump/catch and run passes, otherwise defense was great!

#4....Miller is the (X) factor this year....it will very hard to contain both Miller and Johnson along with Vereen and those humongous TEs.

#5.....McNeil has always been my favorite D Lineman-he has just a nastiness about him and he doesn't pretend to be politically correct. He tells you that he wants to rip your effing head off and then tries to do it.And to top it off , he is such a respectful kid.

#6....Penalties were killing them the last two games--this was a breath of fresh air!

#7....Pretty good vid board...i agree

#8.....On redshirting - I say only use what you need and save the rest for later. UNI will be fine this year.

#9....who's got next? well , i say only the newcomers that can make a meaningful contribution. Farley , Fountain ,Buchanon , Williams , and Woods..

#10 .....Great post Superninja80!

Comment

We do have some big dudes at TE.

Rathmacher (sp) moved his guy like a snow plow on the one touchdown run to the NW corner.

Will Roth looks like he was exposed to radiation as a child.
      Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
        We do have some big dudes at TE.

Rathmacher (sp) moved his guy like a snow plow on the one touchdown run to the NW corner.

Will Roth looks like he was exposed to radiation as a child.
        Do we use 4 different TE's. Lehmann and Rohr are the 2 main guys I've thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Cat View Post
          #1.....definitely a good team win/I have no idea how those kids beat UNLV

#2.....O line was simply superior compared to their defensive front-they were just no match at all.

#3.....defense was great , and the majority of UNCs' yardage came on short dump/catch and run passes, otherwise defense was great!

#4....Miller is the (X) factor this year....it will very hard to contain both Miller and Johnson along with Vereen and those humongous TEs.

#5.....McNeil has always been my favorite D Lineman-he has just a nastiness about him and he doesn't pretend to be politically correct. He tells you that he wants to rip your effing head off and then tries to do it.And to top it off , he is such a respectful kid.

#6....Penalties were killing them the last two games--this was a breath of fresh air!

#7....Pretty good vid board...i agree

#8.....On redshirting - I say only use what you need and save the rest for later. UNI will be fine this year.

#9....who's got next? well , i say only the newcomers that can make a meaningful contribution. Farley , Fountain ,Buchanon , Williams , and Woods..

#10 .....Great post Superninja80!
          They didn't beat UNLV. They lost 13-12. They beat Houston Baptist 28-20 after being down 20-14 going into the 4th. HBU just got murdered yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
            Do we use 4 different TE's. Lehmann and Rohr are the 2 main guys I've thought.
            We used all 4 plus Billy Williams (fr) Saturday.
            Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

How many true freshmen have we used?

Comment

I talked with Preston Wood's parents yesterday, he forgot to get his player tickets in time for them, so they made him buy their tickets yesterday, I liked that, making him atone for his mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
                  I talked with Preston Wood's parents yesterday, he forgot to get his player tickets in time for them, so they made him buy their tickets yesterday, I liked that, making him atone for his mistake.
                  That is awesome.
                  "Another six or seven years and 1988 will be made to feel slightly unwelcome, I'm sure."

Quote from Newsbreaker, mark the time 10:47pm, August 31, 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by Purrrrrfect View Post
                    They didn't beat UNLV. They lost 13-12. They beat Houston Baptist 28-20 after being down 20-14 going into the 4th. HBU just got murdered yesterday.
                    Ohhhh , okay...my bad....my mind is working bassackwards lol!!

Comment

Thank you so much for the kinds words about my son - Ronelle McNeil #47 UNI Panther Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Ronelle McNeil View Post
                        Thank you so much for the kinds words about my son - Ronelle McNeil #47 UNI Panther Defense.
                        I'm a fan of Ronelle's play as well. It's too bad he's a senior, since we can always use players who play with the same "I'm gonna kick your a$$" attitude. Here's hoping his injury is minor enough that he can return this year. Someone mentioned the Hawaii game, but he played very well against Iowa too. He and McMakin are the two guys I didn't know much about heading into the season who have made big time positive contributions to our D.

Comment

Working...
                        X