WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Homecoming Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homecoming Week

Let's discuss happy things. It's Homecoming week! Who all is traveling in? Who will be at the game? Who is tailgating? And the parade is back!

As of right now, there's just a slight chance of rain. But perfect temps... mid-70's.

It's going to feel real good to be home in the Dome. Lots to be excited about.
    "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Can't wait! So glad the parade is back - I hope it energizes the students and community. I love how Coach Jake is working to fire up the students with his tweets. We'll be there taking it all in and cheering for a victory!

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: Homecoming Week

Will be tailgating after the parade in the Shindler lot. Can't wait!
      EVER LOYAL.

Comment

Originally posted by Born-a-Panther View Post
        Let's discuss happy things. It's Homecoming week! Who all is traveling in?
        Yes.

Who will be at the game?
        Yes.

Who is tailgating?
        Yes.

And the parade is back!
        Yes.

As of right now, there's just a slight chance of rain. But perfect temps... mid-70's.

It's going to feel real good to be home in the Dome. Lots to be excited about.
        Hell, yes.
        "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Im looking forward to a great week. Great weather, great tailgating, great homecoming festivities, and a big Panther W in the Dome. Feels like forever.
          UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
          iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Anybody done the Hy-Vee fan zone thing or whatever it is called? Wondered what it is like.
            "I think they're very good," Farley said of the preseason top 25 Hawkeyes. "But so are we."

Comment

Originally posted by ubuntuCAT View Post
              Anybody done the Hy-Vee fan zone thing or whatever it is called? Wondered what it is like.
              Yes. Did it once last year... I believe for Homecoming. It's a really neat deal. They have flat screen TV's set up to watch other games. Usually a couple of speakers from the athletic department. And a lot of food and drinks. Definitely worth it.
              "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

This is the first of several must win games.

I'm really looking forward to great weather, a great crowd, and a beautiful ginormous video board.
                Originally posted by TH1974
                This guy was all-UNI, and wanted to show it by pretending to play a non-existant musical instrument in public.

Comment

Yes. Did it once last year... I believe for Homecoming. It's a really neat deal. They have flat screen TV's set up to watch other games. Usually a couple of speakers from the athletic department. And a lot of food and drinks. Definitely worth it.
                  Does it cost anything? I'm in the Alumni Association looked like they were involved with this for the homecoming game. I'm only going to be there a couple hrs before kickoff so not really gonna setup much of my own tailgate.
                  "I think they're very good," Farley said of the preseason top 25 Hawkeyes. "But so are we."

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
                    This is the first of several must win games.

I'm really looking forward to great weather, a great crowd, and a beautiful ginormous video board.
                    And an absolute beat-down on the field! I hope

Comment

Originally posted by JayJ79
                      I guess it doesn't have to be $50 in one trip (at least that is what the person at customer service told my dad today). if you bring $50 worth of receipts (from that store, dated since 9/1/14) to the customer service counter, you can get a Fan Zone Voucher.

I would imagine that if you had $100 worth of receipts, you get 2 vouchers, and so on.

and for homecoming the alumni association has something on their website saying that they've partnered with HyVee Fan Zone for an alumni tailgate. I don't know if that means Alumni Assoc. members can get in this Saturday w/o needing the HyVee vouchers or not. http://www.unialum.org/events/homecoming-2014
                      I think the one we went to last year was the alumni one as we didn't have to show any tickets or anything. It was all free.

Comment

We plan to come up for the parade, game and volleyball game afterwards. Cedar Falls was virtually sold out of hotel rooms so we are staying in Waterloo.

Might checkout the Fan Zone we don't really know anybody else that tailgates.

Comment

I have heard ticket sales are going really well.

Comment

5300+ Season tickets sold on the year. A new record for the athletic department. I can't imagine that many of those ticket holders aren't making the trip or haven't sold those tickets to others.

On that note I have a silly question. Saturday will be my first time since high school that I will be going to a UNI game and NOT using a student ID to get in for free and be in the student section. If my seat is on the West side will I be required to enter through the West entrance or can I enter in through the East entrance which will be closer to where I'm tailgating? I'm not sure if the ticket people make a big stink about it or not

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
                              5300+ Season tickets sold on the year. A new record for the athletic department. I can't imagine that many of those ticket holders aren't making the trip or haven't sold those tickets to others.

On that note I have a silly question. Saturday will be my first time since high school that I will be going to a UNI game and NOT using a student ID to get in for free and be in the student section. If my seat is on the West side will I be required to enter through the West entrance or can I enter in through the East entrance which will be closer to where I'm tailgating? I'm not sure if the ticket people make a big stink about it or not
                              You can enter through any gate... Not a problem at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X