WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uni wbb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great game. Ladies played tough but fell to Missouri State. Howell went to the locker room at I believe the end of the 3rd and did not return. Hopefully she will be ok.

Comment

• Originally posted by panthergirl123 View Post
      Great game. Ladies played tough but fell to Missouri State. Howell went to the locker room at I believe the end of the 3rd and did not return. Hopefully she will be ok.
      Howell returned to the bench with a few seconds left, but the game was basically decided at that point anyway. Plus Kroeger was playing really well in her absence. Other than the turnovers (and the usual chilly 3 point shooting) I thought we played pretty well.

The post game was on Facebook; coach Warren was about ready to spit nails, which surprised me. She said the two points of emphasis she gave to the team were 1) take care of the ball; and 2) defensive rebounding. Also said the team didn't follow the scouting report on how to defend certain MSU players. She said they don't know about Howell's injury yet, but that's the way the season's been going, losing players in the rotation (i.e. Maahs and now Simon-Ressler). She was asked about Kam Finley, who hasn't been present for the last couple of weekends. Her reply was that Finley has a serious health issue, and their main concern is that she just get back to normal. So that did not sound good.

I watched part of Drake-MSU Friday. I kept expecting Drake to turn it on and get another W, but they actually looked pretty clunky in the last few minutes, something we haven't seen when we played them. They kind of semi-panicked in the last 30 seconds, as they realized they weren't going to pull it out.

This MSU team has exactly one senior, and two juniors. All the rest freshmen and sophs. Could be there's a new sheriff in town.

Comment

• Great sweep for the ladies this weekend. Winning today 95 to 46. The team made fifteen 3pt shots. Coach Warren donates $375 to breast cancer research and awareness as she promised to donate $25 per 3 pt shot made on this Pink Out day. Panthers holding 3rd place in the conference standings.

Comment

• The situation with injuries/illnesses has been unfortunate, but Wolf, Kroeger, Gerrits and Iverson have been showing they deserve more minutes. Hope the shooters stay hot in Springfield Friday.

Comment

• Friday's game will be a challenge. The game versus Missouri State in Cedar Falls was an awesome one to watch. Hopefully, we can keep up the hot 3pt shooting and get the W.

Comment

• UNI women are playing at 4:00 this afternoon vs Missouri state. Played a gritty game to beat southern Illinois last night for 3rd time this season! GP PANTHERS!💜🏀💛

Comment

• Originally posted by Panther'73 View Post
                UNI women are playing at 4:00 this afternoon vs Missouri state. Played a gritty game to beat southern Illinois last night for 3rd time this season! GP PANTHERS!💜🏀💛
                Ladies fell in semis to Missouri State. Been hearing possible WNIT rumblings. Will wait and see if that happens. Regardless, great 20 win season this year.

Comment

• Was really hoping we could give MSU a better game and possibly pull the upset. But allowing a record 35 points in the second quarter and 89 for the game is way too much. Iowa native Elle Ruffridge, who holds the five player state record for points, 3-pointers and assists, had 14 for MSU. She is one state recruit that got away from us and it came back to bite us big time.

Comment

• It wasn't just us, Bears are up 21 points on the Bulldogs at the end of 3. It's the present vs. the future, and the future is winning. Only one senior and one junior for MSU; they have a 2nd junior who's out. Otherwise freshmen and sophs killing Drake.

Comment

• Missouri State win now means that Missouri Valley should get 2 NCAA bids. UNI should get a WNIT bid as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panther AC View Post
                        Was really hoping we could give MSU a better game and possibly pull the upset. But allowing a record 35 points in the second quarter and 89 for the game is way too much. Iowa native Elle Ruffridge, who holds the five player state record for points, 3-pointers and assists, had 14 for MSU. She is one state recruit that got away from us and it came back to bite us big time.
                        Was she recruited/offered by UNI?

Comment

• Yes and Yes. When she committed to MSU, one of the UNI assistants told me they were shocked she did so, as we were not aware MSU was even recruiting her and we thought she was a lock to come to UNI.

Comment

• Thanks for info...

Comment

• Earlier this week, Coach Warren was signed to a 2 year extension to continue being the women's head basketball coach through 2024-2025 season. Congrats to Coach Warren.

Comment

Working...
                              X