WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeremiah Davis demoted from UNI beat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jeremiah Davis demoted from UNI beat

Marcus Paige retweet today, at least it's the right sport

Comment

Davis has a story in today's Gazette:

"Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Originally posted by ronfitch View Post
        Davis has a story in today's Gazette:

http://www.thegazette.com/subject/sp...speed-20160822
        It will be interesting to see how they use Lyons given the article above. Not so much against Iowa St, but more so against teams who spread the field and throw a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
          It will be interesting to see how they use Lyons given the article above. Not so much against Iowa St, but more so against teams who spread the field and throw a lot.
          Nice to read some comments from Lyons and information about how MF wants to use him (not sure if that confirmed by anyone else or drawn from Lyons' comments).

The Courier had an article about the DBs a few weeks ago, but it might've been too early to offer much about specifics as there was not much for specifics about any of them (http://wcfcourier.com/sports/college...aeee8a927.html).

Comment

So I didn't know where else to complain about this, so I thought I'd put it here.

From the podium at Farley's press conference yesterday there was only one(!!!) local TV station's mic there: CBS 2 from CR.

KWWL didn't even bother to send anybody??? KCRG skipped it too?!?? What is that? I searched this morning for an update on their sites about the presser, but couldn't find any on either site. This is just mind-boggling to me.

How can you not cover these guys? There are three state schools and TWO OF THEM ARE PLAYING EACH OTHER!!!!

I really don't get it and it really pisses me off.

Same thing with the Gazette. Now that Davis is guess how many stories have been written about UNI? 1. If they just gave UNI a quarter of what they give Iowa it would be so much better.

Comment

It's cool, our new 'beat writer' is too busy doing his high school sports podcast.

Jim Nelson is literally the only guy that we can count on for info at this point.

I cringe to think about basketball season because Nelson won't have the beat as he's a nationally respected wrestling writer. Nick Petaros who currently does UNI women's sports just flat isn't a very good writer. Doug Newhoff doesn't even have a Twitter account, I don't believe. It could get ugly.
              #MACtion

Comment

The Gazette also couldn't be bothered to take a new picture of Farley, they reused one from 2013.

Sigh.

Comment

Yea. The coverage could be pretty brutal

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                    It's cool, our new 'beat writer' is too busy doing his high school sports podcast.

Jim Nelson is literally the only guy that we can count on for info at this point.

I cringe to think about basketball season because Nelson won't have the beat as he's a nationally respected wrestling writer. Nick Petaros who currently does UNI women's sports just flat isn't a very good writer. Doug Newhoff doesn't even have a Twitter account, I don't believe. It could get ugly.
                    In the Ames paper today:

Comment

Originally posted by ronfitch View Post

Nice article. Very interesting perspective for an article during game week in the Ames paper.

Comment

Originally posted by DomeIsHome View Post
                        So I didn't know where else to complain about this, so I thought I'd put it here.

From the podium at Farley's press conference yesterday there was only one(!!!) local TV station's mic there: CBS 2 from CR.

KWWL didn't even bother to send anybody??? KCRG skipped it too?!?? What is that? I searched this morning for an update on their sites about the presser, but couldn't find any on either site. This is just mind-boggling to me.

How can you not cover these guys? There are three state schools and TWO OF THEM ARE PLAYING EACH OTHER!!!!

I really don't get it and it really pisses me off.

Same thing with the Gazette. Now that Davis is guess how many stories have been written about UNI? 1. If they just gave UNI a quarter of what they give Iowa it would be so much better.
                        Was also at the press luncheon and we commented a couple of times on the same thing. It was terrible. I don't get it.

You've got a majority of kids from the state of Iowa playing on a team for the state of Iowa against another team for the state of Iowa and you don't show up?? Makes NO sense. But unfortunately - not all that surprising.
                        "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

This is a nice article for Farley. Courier should pick it up.
                          But it's almost hilariously naive.
                          Originally posted by The Article
                          ...what Farley’s accomplished at UNI. He’s 129-61 since 2001. He’s led the Panthers to seven conference championships and nine playoff berths.
                          Winning is the expectation for the Panthers. Campbell is trying to move ISU into that same neighborhood.
                          “It’s about what kind of culture you are trying to build,” ... It’s all part of one big check list for Campbell.... "You don’t luck into winning and so you really have the ability to create a culture where that is habit instead of circumstance. I think that is our biggest challenge, trying to create those habits and do it day in, day out, game in and game out.”
                          Like a newlywed who says to a couple married 40 years - I want a marriage like yours. How do I get that? "Well, you have to work on it for 40 years..."

If he turns ISU around and gets them a few winning seasons in a row, is he going to stay in Ames for 15 years? Or 30?

Comment

Originally posted by sivert View Post
                            This is a nice article for Farley. Courier should pick it up.
                            But it's almost hilariously naive.
                            Like a newlywed who says to a couple married 40 years - I want a marriage like yours. How do I get that? "Well, you have to work on it for 40 years..."

If he turns ISU around and gets them a few winning seasons in a row, is he going to stay in Ames for 15 years? Or 30?

No way Campbell stays in Ames for 30 years. That just means that he wasn't good enough to go somewhere else.

I predict that he will go to Ohio State in 5 to 10 years. That would be great for him because it would be his dream job. And it would be great for Iowa State because it means that he has done well enough to deserve to go to Ohio State.

News of Campbell leaving for Ohio State will be one of the best things we could ever hear.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdad View Post
                              No way Campbell stays in Ames for 30 years. That just means that he wasn't good enough to go somewhere else.

I predict that he will go to Ohio State in 5 to 10 years. That would be great for him because it would be his dream job. And it would be great for Iowa State because it means that he has done well enough to deserve to go to Ohio State.

News of Campbell leaving for Ohio State will be one of the best things we could ever hear.
                              Well just because an Iowa State coach get's hired away by a name program doesn't mean he was successful at Iowa State.... cough Gene Chizik.
                              "I think they're very good," Farley said of the preseason top 25 Hawkeyes. "But so are we."

Comment

Good point. Gene Chizik got hired away because he would be a pawn and let the boosters pay for Cam Newton.

If it were to happen, Campbell would be the third Iowa State coach to go to Ohio State. The other two were Sam Willamon (Jack Trice's coach who brought him here from Ohio) and Earl Bruce.

Comment

Working...
                                X