WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Klieman to Minnesota?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Klieman to Minnesota?

Obviously just speculation here but wouldn't surprise me to see Klieman take the Gopher job which just opened this afternoon. It's a logical fit and he recruited the hell outta the Twin Cities. A little closer to home, big time pay raise, better facilities, talent pool is there and the U of M is coming off a bowl win and has some momentum after a disastrous public relations debacle.
    Side not: Klieman went to high school with the U of M's AD...small world. I bet they're nervous up in Fargo this week...maybe enough to interrupt their bowling and ice fishing.
    Thoughts?
    "Give a cheer Ho, the purple and the gold!!"

Re: Klieman to Minnesota?

PJ Fleck is going to have to say no about a dozen times before they even get to a plan B.
    #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
      PJ Fleck is going to have to say no about a dozen times before they even get to a plan B.
      True...I think he's every P5 school's target. He would have his pick of many but my gut feeling tells me that Klieman is going to get this job though.

Comment

Interesting prediction 92...I like what you're cooking.
        Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

I think the U of M fan's are thinking a bigger name such as Les Miles, Bo Pelini, Fleck etc but Klieman has got to be on their radar.
          They have to act quickly too if they want to keep their committed players and retain the ones on the roster.
          NDSU isn't playing this week too which means they could be on the phone with him as we speak...
          Klieman makes sense.
          This would be outstanding news for UNI. Damage NDSU, possibly pick up a few transfers from Minnesota?? Jay Johnson as OC?? All speculation of course but it'll be interesting on how it shakes out

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
            I can't see Fleck taking the Minnesota job. Too many good jobs out there he'll be a top candidate for.

The radioactive situation at UM would pretty far down on his list. And there are easier places to win.

I could definitely see Bohl or Klieman taking it. They know their style of play can win there and the same recruiting footprint.

Can't see them going for Pellini. Not the right time for a guy who wore out his welcome at Nebraska.

Wild card pick...Bielema. He's about ready to make another change.

Farley's name will probably get thrown around a bit.
            Last edited by Blue42; 01-03-2017, 07:00 PM.
            Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Private jet planned to Minneapolis from Kalamazoo tomorrow AM.

Wonder why?

Comment

Originally posted by claw View Post
                Private jet planned to Minneapolis from Kalamazoo tomorrow AM.

Wonder why?
                Immediately followed by a commercial flight from Fargo to Kalamazoo (layover in Chicago)?

Comment

Originally posted by UNI92 View Post
                  I think the U of M fan's are thinking a bigger name such as Les Miles, Bo Pelini, Fleck etc but Klieman has got to be on their radar.
                  They have to act quickly too if they want to keep their committed players and retain the ones on the roster.
                  NDSU isn't playing this week too which means they could be on the phone with him as we speak...
                  Klieman makes sense.
                  This would be outstanding news for UNI. Damage NDSU, possibly pick up a few transfers from Minnesota?? Jay Johnson as OC?? All speculation of course but it'll be interesting on how it shakes out
                  Agree one hundred percent.
                  Last edited by Pantherlope2019; 01-04-2017, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
                    I can't see Fleck taking the Minnesota job. Too many good jobs out there he'll be a top candidate for.

The radioactive situation at UM would pretty far down on his list. And there are easier places to win.

I could definitely see Bohl or Klieman taking it. They know their style of play can win there and the same recruiting footprint.

Can't see them going for Pellini. Not the right time for a guy who wore out his welcome at Nebraska.

Wild card pick...Bielema. He's about ready to make another change.

Farley's name will probably get thrown around a bit.
                    Have heard Fleck, Miles and Bohl bandied about among the radioheads most often up here.

My money is on Lane Kiffin - local guy who hasn't changed jobs in nearly a month and has gotta be getting anxious by now.
                    "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Originally posted by ronfitch View Post
                      Have heard Fleck, Miles and Bohl bandied about among the radioheads most often up here.

My money is on Lane Kiffin - local guy who hasn't changed jobs in nearly a month and has gotta be getting anxious by now.
                      Kiffin took the Florida Atlantic job

Comment

Originally posted by UNI92 View Post
                        Kiffin took the Florida Atlantic job
                        .....woosh

Comment

I've read some things where many of their alumni, donors, area high school coaches, and current players are not happy about this. The donors in particular will probably put even more pressure than normal to hire someone with a name. If that's how it plays out, then Kleiman will be well down their list of targets. Any side benefit to UNI will probably be in a transfer or two, not Kleiman leaving for Minnesota. If they hire anyone but PJ Fleck or Les Miles, then the donors will probably put the AD and President on a very short leash.

Comment

Remind me again, when is Coach Jake going to be taking a job up there?

Has to be frustrating if you're a fan/alumni/etc. If you look at a school like Wisconsin, you have to wonder why you can't replicate what they have.

Comment

Some of those people may need a reality on how attractive the job really is.
                              GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Working...
                              X