Follow us on Twitter

Go Back   Panther Nation > News Forums > Sports News

Old 06-02-2016, 08:48 PM   #1
sivert

Default NBA Finals

(I wasn't sure where to post this.)

Lets talk about the NBA Finals.

I thought I had heard that the NBA had "freedom of movement." But these guys are all over each other.
sivert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 10:40 PM   #2
SteinPizza

Default Re: NBA Finals

I didn't get a chance to watch, but looks like Golden St. had a convincing win. Is that accurate?
SteinPizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 01:07 PM   #3
CincyPanther88

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteinPizza View Post
I didn't get a chance to watch, but looks like Golden St. had a convincing win. Is that accurate?
The Cavs actually had some leads in the 3rd quarter. They were going back and forth for a while but Golden State's bench just killed the Cavs. Curry and Thompson did not shoot well but they had back to back dagger 3s late in the 4th. The Cavs out rebounded Golden State and shot the same from 3 but the Warriors shot better overall. The Cavs had more turnovers. Iowa's own Harrison Barnes had a great 1st half and finished with 13 points.
Old 06-03-2016, 02:45 PM   #4
UNI Ka-Bullseye

No groin kicks but one groin swipe (Dellavedova on Iguidala). Glad they called the common foul and nothing more on either team. Pretty sure he realized it was unintentional later but tough not to react in the moment when that happens to you.
UNI Ka-Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 05:41 PM   #5
SteinPizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyPanther88 View Post
The Cavs actually had some leads in the 3rd quarter. They were going back and forth for a while but Golden State's bench just killed the Cavs. Curry and Thompson did not shoot well but they had back to back dagger 3s late in the 4th. The Cavs out rebounded Golden State and shot the same from 3 but the Warriors shot better overall. The Cavs had more turnovers. Iowa's own Harrison Barnes had a great 1st half and finished with 13 points.
Klay Thompson is lining himself up for a serious payday. It's also cool that Barnes is a piece of the puzzle for them. He's obviously not one of their top three or four guys, but he's good enough to be valuable for anyone else going forward. It also shows how much depth they have that Igoudala is another good piece. He was the best player on some decent 76ers teams a few years ago.
SteinPizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 05:44 PM   #6
UNIdad
UNIdaughter fan and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteinPizza View Post
Klay Thompson is lining himself up for a serious payday. It's also cool that Barnes is a piece of the puzzle for them. He's obviously not one of their top three or four guys, but he's good enough to be valuable for anyone else going forward. It also shows how much depth they have that Igoudala is another good piece. He was the best player on some decent 76ers teams a few years ago.

Anybody think Harrison made a good choice turning down the four-year $16 million offer? That was bold on his part. Hope he has an awesome finals and turns it into a great decision.
UNIdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 07:43 PM   #7
Kyle

Lebron was hacked to pieces in game one.
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 09:20 PM   #8
hamalot

If I were LeBron and my team got beat this bad , I would have to quit playing basketball. Does this sound familiar to anyone.
hamalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 10:10 PM   #9
sivert

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamalot View Post
If I were LeBron and my team got beat this bad , I would have to quit playing basketball. Does this sound familiar to anyone.
Haha. Good one.
sivert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 10:20 PM   #10
UNI Ka-Bullseye

Quote:
I was going to hold off on this until the Finals were over (and probably will still comment) but this is very fitting timing as well.
Old 06-06-2016, 02:51 PM   #11
95UNIGRAD
Panther Dad in Fall '17

Quote:
Winner.

He's a punk.

Love watching him get schooled by Curry and the Warriors.

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
- George Halas
95UNIGRAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 07:13 AM   #12
UNI Ka-Bullseye

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNI Ka-Bullseye View Post
I was going to hold off on this until the Finals were over (and probably will still comment) but this is very fitting timing as well.
Too bad he didn't quit...

Unfortunately these past posts now feel a lot like the congratulatory texts I was getting with a minute left in the TA&M game.

While obviously not knowing him personally, I've grown to very much dislike LeBron on an athlete/celebrity level. But I have to give the man his due. He went against his own advice and kept grinding towards the goal.
Old 06-20-2016, 08:00 AM   #13
GonzoCat

The Warriors had the best season in NBA history playing in what is widely regarded as the superior division. They are all professional athletes being paid millions of dollars per year. They did not score in the final 4.5 minutes of a championship game. That is a bigger meltdown than anything that happened in college bb this year. But I would imagine, and hope, that LeBron gave them credit post game rather than mock them.