WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USA Track and Field Olympic Trials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Track and Field Olympic Trials

Hey don't forget the Oly. Trials in Eugene are on NBC this week.

Some Iowans in the field include: Krueger (Iowa) who made the olympic team with a 3rd place finish in the Hammer Throw.

Lolo Jones in the 100 hurdles
    Former UNI national champion Tyler Mulder will be in the 800 prelims and has the 5th best qualifying time, exactly 1 second behind the nation's top qualifier.
    Ashley Miller (former state champ Tipton?) will be in the 800 and 1500.
    Former Dowling star Katie Flood will be in the 1500
    Kianna Elahi of Iowa State is in the 400hurdles

Mat Clark was listed on the list of applied for the Decathlon but he is not participating.

Iowa State's Megan Nelson will be in the 10,000 meter run tonight. Those are just a few I saw as I skimmed through. If there is any more...feel free to add on and let us all know the results.

Good luck to all Iowans and those representing Iowa universities and your home state!

Re: USA Track and Field Olympic Trials

I'll add Chase Madison to that list, throwing the discus. He's a former Newton Grad, attended Iowa State, then went to Kentucky to finish his college career. He is currently living in Cedar Falls.

Comment

Originally posted by cydave View Post
      I'll add Chase Madison to that list, throwing the discus. He's a former Newton Grad, attended Iowa State, then went to Kentucky to finish his college career. He is currently living in Cedar Falls.
      i coudnt believe he was in cf. i ran into him one night when he was driving a taxi.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose39 View Post
        i coudnt believe he was in cf. i ran into him one night when he was driving a taxi.
        LOL yeah, drives a taxi full time and trains in his other time. I gave him some crap about driving a taxi with a Master's degree.

Comment

Congrats to the following:

Former Panther elite NC - Tyler Mulder in the 800 winning the top qualifying spot to get to the semifinals! Iowa's Erik Sowinski qualified 7th. In Mulders heat...he was stuck in 6th place for the first lap and then even with 200 meters to go was still in 4th and then he overtook Martin who led the entire race at the finishline.
          Ashley Miller - qualified for semis in the 800.

Lolo Jones - qualified for semis in 100 hurdles
          Lisa Uhl (ISU) got 4th in 10,000m and qualified for LONDON! Congrats!
          Megan Nelson - finishing 12th in the 10,000 meter run.
          Last edited by Purrrrrfect; 06-23-2012, 10:24 AM.

Comment

catch the action tonight on NBC 8-9 p.m. ET/PT

Today competing is:
            Tyler Mulder - 800 Semis
            Ashley Miller - 800 Semis
            Erik Sowinski - 800 Semis
            LoLo Jones - 100 hurdles semis and if qualifies in top 8 will run in the 100 hurdles FINALS tonight as well! (She was 15th outta 16 to make the semis...had a horrible start).

Comment

In case you didn't catch the meet on TV. Here is a recap!

Ashley Miller a disappointing finish despite a heck of a run, running 2:05...getting 15th outta 16 in the semis of the 800 meter run.

Erik Sowinski (Iowa) led 730 meters of his heat in the 800 meter run before former Panther TYLER MULDER took home the title to reach the finals! Mulder posted the 3rd overall fastest time out of the two heats by only .3 seconds. Top 3 in the finals make the Olympic team!

LoLo Jones made her second consecutive Olympic team by coming in a suprising 3rd in the finals of the 100 hurdles!!! I was really hoping she'd run a great race and she did!

So far, two Iowans are going to England and hopefully 3 more will be also going! Check out Tyler in the 800 finals (the final event for the day) Monday night at approximately 10pm central time!

Comment

if you have Directv...turn it to 603...as Tyler Mulder will try to become an Olympian in about 10 minutes in the final of the 800 meters!!!!

Lisa Uhl qualified as a finalist in the 5000 meters after becoming an Olympian at 10,000m.

Comment

Mulder finished fifth. 0.37 seconds behind the third place (and last qualifying) spot. so close!

Place Athlete Name Affiliation Time
                  1 Nicholas Symmonds Nike / Oregon TC Elite 1:43.92
                  2 Khadevis Robinson Nike 1:44.64
                  3 Duane Solomon Jr Saucony 1:44.65
                  4 Ryan Martin U C S B 1:44.90
                  5 Tyler Mulder Nike / Oregon TC Elite 1:45.02
                  6 Elijah Greer Oregon 1:45.40
                  7 Mark Wieczorek Unattached 1:45.62
                  8 Charles Jock Nike 1:49.02

Comment

Originally posted by JayJ79 View Post
                    Mulder finished fifth. 0.37 seconds behind the third place (and last qualifying) spot. so close!

Place Athlete Name Affiliation Time
                    1 Nicholas Symmonds Nike / Oregon TC Elite 1:43.92
                    2 Khadevis Robinson Nike 1:44.64
                    3 Duane Solomon Jr Saucony 1:44.65
                    4 Ryan Martin U C S B 1:44.90
                    5 Tyler Mulder Nike / Oregon TC Elite 1:45.02
                    6 Elijah Greer Oregon 1:45.40
                    7 Mark Wieczorek Unattached 1:45.62
                    8 Charles Jock Nike 1:49.02

he ran a new PR to my knowledge. He started in the 2nd lane and got out to a great start but as the field cut in after the first 100...he got stuck on the inside and in the back of the pack...and horrible place to be for a full out half-mile sprint. He made a great charge at the end and got trapped just barely with 110 meters to go. I think he thought the first lane would open up like it did two days ago but it didn't and when he realized that he tried to make a late move to the outside but it was too late. A great race nontheless. Couldn't be more proud of Tyler!

Comment

Originally posted by Purrrrrfect View Post
                      he ran a new PR to my knowledge. He started in the 2nd lane and got out to a great start but as the field cut in after the first 100...he got stuck on the inside and in the back of the pack...and horrible place to be for a full out half-mile sprint. He made a great charge at the end and got trapped just barely with 110 meters to go. I think he thought the first lane would open up like it did two days ago but it didn't and when he realized that he tried to make a late move to the outside but it was too late. A great race nontheless. Couldn't be more proud of Tyler!
                      Still no panther Olympians in panther history? Is this correct. We have come so so close.

Comment

Originally posted by williebat View Post
                        Still no panther Olympians in panther history? Is this correct. We have come so so close.
                        IIRC, .01 of a second for Joey Woody in the 400H trials in 2000.

Comment

Ashley Miller and Katie Flood both miss out in the 1500 for the finals. They will be back in 4 years tho!

Comment

Does anyone know Tyler Mulder's status for the Olympic Trials?
                            The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Working...
                            X