WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNIdad is #20 among Active posters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNIdad is #20 among Active posters

Okay, I'm a little bored this morning as I wait for the MVC Swim/Dive meet to begin and a little afraid to venture out very far in Iowa City with my UNI window flag and Iowa State vanity plates.

At any rate, I did some research and found that I'm #20 in number of posts among Active posters on this site (#28 all-time). And yes, I'm quite proud of that. Originally, I joined this site just so that I could be more informed and connected with athletics of the school in which my daughter was enrolling as a student/athlete (diver). My original username was "UNIdadtobe" which was appropriate for several months, but not very forward thinking about my status once she got to campus.

I remember long ago, before becoming a Panther fan, enjoying the marvelous comebacks of UNI in the playoffs. The strip of the ball by the opponent who caught a kickoff in the endzone but didn't kneel is still one of my favorite football plays of all time. And although I began as a fairly naive dual fan (my lowest point was stating that I actually thought prior to the game that Iowa State had three RBs better than David Johnson ), I think I have grown into a fairly knowledgeable and hearty Panther fan. I certainly have led the way on this site in promoting Women's Swimming and Diving. And I've met some great folks on this site that I now consider to be friends.

So, here I am in Iowa City, a year after UNIdaughter graduated, still cheering for the Panthers. I'm so glad they moved the MVC meet to Iowa City from Carbondale. We had a fun time last night with UNI parents and alumni.

Bottom line: you can take the UNIdaughter out of Cedar Falls, but you can't take the PantherNation out of UNIdad!

Go Panthers!

PTTB, I'm coming after your #1 status in number of posts!
    Last edited by UNIdad; 02-18-2017, 12:59 PM.

Re: UNIdad is #20 among Active posters

Good work!

Comment

Re: UNIdad is #20 among Active posters

Only about 150 from the Top 5. I'm coming for you Trapped!

Glad to have mostly guys like UNIDad around nowadays. Inquisitive, friendly and insightful.

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
        Only about 150 from the Top 5. I'm coming for you Trapped!

Glad to have mostly guys like UNIDad around nowadays. Inquisitive, friendly and insightful.
        Don't worry, I still have plenty non-insightful things to share that will agitate the get off my yard crowd.

Sent from my NSA monitored One+ 3

Comment

Working...
        X