WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Panther Football Commit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014 Panther Football Commit List

Yes I think we all would like to have had Tyler Starr on our team, he was actually a high school teammate of Gacke, but you also have to realize as I am sure you do NW that Vermillion is closer Lyon county than Cedar Falls is.

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
      Are you suggesting we do not recruit Iowa enough? Iowans make up about 70% of our roster year in and year out. We can't land every single prospect from the state.

And if you are worried that USD is going to start out-recruiting UNI, I would say that you should definitely stop worrying.
      64 of the 108 on the roster as listed Jan. 26 were Iowans. I believe this number is higher than the last few years. I'm sensitive about this being I was a high school coach in Iowa for 33 years, sending UNI a number of athletes in different sports with an excellent success rate. Recently ISU had a higher number and higher percentage of Iowans than we did.

Seems we are spending a lot of time, energy and resource that could be put to better use in state. Just my opinion and if you think out of state athletes will yield a better result look no further than our expanded national recruiting efforts since 2005. Again just my option, you have yours.

Comment

Originally posted by northwest iowa panther View Post
        64 of the 108 on the roster as listed Jan. 26 were Iowans. I believe this number is higher than the last few years. I'm sensitive about this being I was a high school coach in Iowa for 33 years, sending UNI a number of athletes in different sports with an excellent success rate. Recently ISU had a higher number and higher percentage of Iowans than we did.

Seems we are spending a lot of time, energy and resource that could be put to better use in state. Just my opinion and if you think out of state athletes will yield a better result look no further than our expanded national recruiting efforts since 2005. Again just my option, you have yours.
        All this grayshirt nonsense has cut into it. For every kid that is successful walking on at Iowa, there are 20 others that are simply scout team fodder.

Comment

Jaha Mcray has committed to UNI per twitter

Also per @BlakeColston on Twitter QB Dallas Sealey said he would decide between UNI and Abilene Christian by Tuesday.

Last edited by Superninja80; 01-26-2014, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Very nice. Thank you for the notification

Comment

What is Abilene Christian?
              UNI has #2 Dome in MVFC, but Ice Lounge rocks! BisoNation.com

Comment

Originally posted by lakesbison View Post
                What is Abilene Christian?
                Former DII school who was FCS independent last season and joins the Southland conference this coming season.
                "I think they're very good," Farley said of the preseason top 25 Hawkeyes. "But so are we."

Comment

Heard in town that AJ Allen has committed to uni

Comment

Originally posted by Mudrafan View Post
                    All this grayshirt nonsense has cut into it. For every kid that is successful walking on at Iowa, there are 20 others that are simply scout team fodder.
                    That doesn't hurt UNI. Any player that is scout team fodder at Iowa would not play at UNI either.
                    GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Originally posted by GonzoCat View Post
                      That doesn't hurt UNI. Any player that is scout team fodder at Iowa would not play at UNI either.
                      No kidding. I don't think any of us are going to argue that Iowa and ISU, overall, get more talented recruiting classes than we do but the product that is put on the field, as evidenced by the past few seasons, isn't that far apart. I believe that there are players for those teams who don't see the field that could maybe contribute to our time, but it's not like the Hawks and Clones have practice scrubs and bench riders who would be stars in the Dome.

Comment

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN View Post
                        Did you go to town today to get supplies?
                        "Another six or seven years and 1988 will be made to feel slightly unwelcome, I'm sure."

Quote from Newsbreaker, mark the time 10:47pm, August 31, 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN View Post
                          Well twitter seems to agree with you

That's a decent get.

Unrelated note but hopefully everyone is staying safe in this weather.

Comment

Wow, the Allen kid looks good. 6'4 195 LB? Nice.

Has anybody seen him play?
                            UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                            iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Watching his hudl highlights looks like a kid that you add 40 or so pounds to and you have a great rush LB in a 3-4

Comment

Originally posted by GonzoCat View Post
                                They might have developed at UNI if they had a chance to compete & get on the field due to lower numbers.

Comment

Working...
                                X