WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panther match ups at NCAA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panther match ups at NCAA

Originally posted by UNIpanther99 View Post
    Ban Basketball-

I don't really have a dog in this fight. I want all UNI teams to do well, but I tend to follow basketball most closely.

What is your vision for the future of the UNI wrestling program? What heights can we reach with our current staff, and how long does it take to get there?
    Same thing I've been saying all along: Wrestling in Iowa is an entirely different animal than all other sports. Because our men's basketball team does well does not equate into our wrestling team doing as well in Iowa. Simply stated, we compete with the top two teams in the country for recruits, facilities, money, etc. That is a TOUGH task to overcome.

With that said, yes, we can improve and should expect to improve, but like anything else in sports, it goes in cycles. There are down years and up years. However, for anyone to expect UNI to be in the realm of Iowa nd Iowa State in wrestling is delusional. We haven't been for over 30 years and we likely won't be anytime soon, regardless of staff. That is realism. Panther fans know and understand this.

Comment

Originally posted by ban basketball View Post
      Same thing I've been saying all along: Wrestling in Iowa is an entirely different animal than all other sports. Because our men's basketball team does well does not equate into our wrestling team doing as well in Iowa. Simply stated, we compete with the top two teams in the country for recruits, facilities, money, etc. That is a TOUGH task to overcome.

With that said, yes, we can improve and should expect to improve, but like anything else in sports, it goes in cycles. There are down years and up years. However, for anyone to expect UNI to be in the realm of Iowa nd Iowa State in wrestling is delusional. We haven't been for over 30 years and we likely won't be anytime soon, regardless of staff. That is realism. Panther fans know and understand this.
      Talk about dodging the question.

Comment

Yeah, I was looking for something like Top 5 or 10 finish in the country... Winning dual record... something like that you would think would be attainable for the Panthers.

Comment

As long as you were at the regional, let me know what could have went differently for us to make up for that penalty point. Most who were there concluded that the team wrestled pretty well.

So, let me know what you think went wrong from your observations at the regional.

Always nice to see a "fan" root on his team, eh?
          Retard, how about not getting the penalty in the first place?

I wasn't at the regional, neither were another million people. I don't even know where the regional is. So round up the 3 people that were at the regional that didn't have family or friends wrestling and we will talk about how great they wrestled. I am sorry your brother can't keep his team in line enough to stop them from throwing their head gear after they lose.

I see that all the time, remember when Billy Halgreen threw his helmet down after getting his kick(s) blocked at Iowa?

Remember when Adam Koch ripped the shirt off his chest after playing poorly at Evansville?

Oh wait, those things never happened. For some reason they just happen to the wrestling team.

I hope all the Panther wrestler's do great at Nationals, I hope they all get freaking National Titles. That doesn't change the fact that this program is not living up to its potential ban. Why don't you just go crawl back into the hole you have been in for a couple of weeks.

And lastly, if I was in the WWC I would vote for Penrith too, the better he looks the longer he stays, the longer he stays the better chance my team has of beating Northern Iowa.
          Last edited by jegbomb52; 03-11-2010, 11:21 AM.
          Illinois State Fan at a St. Louis White Castle 3:45AM Saturday March 6th:

"White Castle?" "more like Black Castle..."

You stay classy Redbirds.

Comment

Originally posted by Panther789 View Post
            Talk about dodging the question.
            Considering the question, it's an honest answer.

So, you tell me how we are to overcome the recruting struggles living in Iowa with Iowa and Iowa State? Or, are you just another "fan" who does nothing but criticize our team?

Comment

Considering the question, it's an honest answer.

So, you tell me how we are to overcome the recruting struggles living in Iowa with Iowa and Iowa State? Or, are you just another "fan" who does nothing but criticize our team?
              The issue here isn't recruiting Ban, its developing. Are you just another "retard" that can't figure that out.
              Illinois State Fan at a St. Louis White Castle 3:45AM Saturday March 6th:

"White Castle?" "more like Black Castle..."

You stay classy Redbirds.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIpanther99 View Post
                Yeah, I was looking for something like Top 5 or 10 finish in the country... Winning dual record... something like that you would think would be attainable for the Panthers.
                And the last time that all of that has happened? Since we have been a DI school, 1962 was our last top 5 or 10 finish. Why should Penrith be held to the fire, when we haven't done this for 48 years, all the while seeing Iowa State and Iowa become the top teams in the country?

Winning Dual Record: 6 of 10 seasons that Penrith has been there. Keep in mind that we do wrestle a brutal schedule every year.

Manning had a winning dual record for 1 of his three seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by jegbomb52 View Post
                  Retard, how about not getting the penalty in the first place?

I wasn't at the regional, neither were another million people. I don't even know where the regional is. So round up the 3 people that were at the regional that didn't have family or friends wrestling and we will talk about how great they wrestled. I am sorry your brother can't keep his team in line enough to stop them from throwing their head gear after they lose.

I see that all the time, remember when Billy Halgreen threw his helmet down after getting his kick(s) blocked at Iowa?

Remember when Adam Koch ripped the shirt off his chest after playing poorly at Evansville?

Oh wait, those things never happened. For some reason they just happen to the wrestling team.

I hope all the Panther wrestler's do great at Nationals, I hope they all get freaking National Titles. That doesn't change the fact that this program is not living up to its potential ban. Why don't you just go crawl back into the hole you have been in for a couple of weeks.

And lastly, if I was in the WWC I would vote for Penrith too, the better he looks the longer he stays, the longer he stays the better chance my team has of beating Northern Iowa.
                  First, thanks for insulting my baby niece, who was born with a developmental disability. In other words, she's a "retard."

So, it is Penrith's fault that the headgear was thrown? Shall we go into all of the UNI football players who have been in recent trouble with the LAW (not just throwing headgear)?

Shall we talk about Egelseder? Shall we talk about O'Rear (or whatever his name is) slaamming the ball against Creighton, resulting in a technical? Should Farley and Jacobson be called "bad coaches" and "can't keep their players in line?' I would certainly say so, based on your "logic."

Comment

Originally posted by jegbomb52 View Post
                    The issue here isn't recruiting Ban, its developing. Are you just another "retard" that can't figure that out.
                    First off, thanks for insulting my baby niece, who was born with a developmental disability. To your simple brain, it's called "retarded."

I provided all of the evidence of DEVELOPED talent 3,012 different times.

Aside from Eric Hauan, every UNI all-american under Penrith has been DEVELOPED. None were blue chip recruits, and none were highly recruited by bigger schools.

By definition, that is developed.

Comment

I also find it curious as to why we don't see criticism from our "fans" of our other athletic programs. Aside from volleyball, football, and men's basketball, all of our other programs are drawing BIG blanks.

Why no outrage there, "fans?"

Comment

First, thanks for insulting my baby niece, who was born with a developmental disability. In other words, she's a "retard."

So, it is Penrith's fault that the headgear was thrown? Shall we go into all of the UNI football players who have been in recent trouble with the LAW (not just throwing headgear)?

Shall we talk about Egelseder? Shall we talk about O'Rear (or whatever his name is) slaamming the ball against Creighton, resulting in a technical? Should Farley and Jacobson be called "bad coaches" and "can't keep their players in line?' I would certainly say so, based on your "logic."
                        Ban we don't agree on much But I too am against the word retarded. My brother has a developmental disability. Thanks for saying in your post that that word is insulting!!!! Not the end of the world but insulting non the less

Comment

I think we should ban ban basketball...
                          UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                          iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

I also find it curious as to why we don't see criticism from our "fans" of our other athletic programs. Aside from volleyball, football, and men's basketball, all of our other programs are drawing BIG blanks.

Why no outrage there, "fans?"
                            Expectations.
                            If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
                              I think we should ban ban basketball...
                              Why? Because I consistently smoke every one of you with facts?

You guys, who aren't even fans and know nothing about what you're talking about, keep arguing based on perception, which I have maintained all along. However, when you look at the facts, which is what I present over and over, none of the perceptions hold water.

Comment

Why? Because I consistently smoke every one of you with facts?

You guys, who aren't even fans and know nothing about what you're talking about, keep arguing based on perception, which I have maintained all along. However, when you look at the facts, which is what I present over and over, none of the perceptions hold water.
                                You, absolutely, are not presenting facts. You are presenting your opinion, with non factual evidence about where you "think" this program is going.

Everyone else is presenting facts. Such as losses, penalties, the decline of wins.
                                UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                                iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Working...
                                X