WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Johnson - stay on topic, please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• None. And you can easily make the argument that he is the best RB in the NFL since he became the starter.
    UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
    iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

• Re: David Johnson - stay on topic, please

Originally posted by CincyPanther88 View Post
      Better rookie than DJ. Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by CincyPanther88 View Post
        Better rookie than DJ. Thoughts?
        unfortunately...Amari Cooper...
        (217): Just watched a UNI fan at the bar lick the tears off of a KU fans face.. See what march madness does to people

Comment

If the word of four guys who live in their mom's basements carries any weight, he's in good shape.

Watching this past month of Johnson's play only frustrates me again - he should've gotten 25 touches every game in 2014.
          "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Originally posted by ronfitch View Post
            If the word of four guys who live in their mom's basements carries any weight, he's in good shape.

Watching this past month of Johnson's play only frustrates me again - he should've gotten 25 touches every game in 2014.
            might have helped him. might have worn him out or got him injured.
            At Arizona, he has the benefit of:
            • a strong offensive line
            • skilled coaches who are great at calling plays which maximize the skillsets of the players on the field
            • a quarterback (who is actually skilled at throwing the ball, not just running) and a talented receiver corps which gives defenses something to worry about other than keying on the run

Comment

Originally posted by Cannic88 View Post
              unfortunately...Amari Cooper...
              He's been doing it all year too.

Comment

• Could you imagine if Christian McCaffery of Stanford somehow ended up with DJ in the same backfield?

From my NSA monitored nexus 5

Comment

Originally posted by Trapped in California View Post
                  Could you imagine if Christian McCaffery of Stanford somehow ended up with DJ in the same backfield?

That kid is a dynamo. He's 6'0", 201 lbs., which isn't super tiny (but could be a little bigger). He could be a great weapon on a team like the Cardinals.
                  Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                  Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                  - George Halas

Comment

Originally posted by Trapped in California View Post
                    Could you imagine if Christian McCaffery of Stanford somehow ended up with DJ in the same backfield?

Or Danny Woodhead or Darren Sproles. At the NFL level, they're all three basically the same type of player.

Comment

Did anyone see the AZ/SEA game? I was shocked by the score, but of course only got to see the highlights which were all SEA plays. Obviously DJ did not add to his TD mark, did he get any yardage? Did AZ even play skill position starters knowing the game made no difference?

Having just seen AZ completely dominate the Packers last week, I did not think any team could completely dominate them. Especially one the pack had already beaten. Funny game. Of course the Packer team of late bears little resemblance to the one from early in the year.
                      GO PANTHERS!

Comment

DJ had 11 carries for 25 yards. I don't think Arizona had a ton to play for yesterday (except a very slight chance at home field, which Carolina squashed by crushing TB), and played accordingly. They'll be ready in the playoffs.
                        Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                        Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                        - George Halas

Comment

Seattle is also a very hot team right now. Stumbling/injures earlier in the year gave them a bad seed, but they'll be extremely tough for anyone to beat.

Comment

In Year 1, DJ is already on the 'let's pull him and not let him get hurt for the playoffs' list.

What a year.
                            #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by GonzoCat View Post
                              Did anyone see the AZ/SEA game? I was shocked by the score, but of course only got to see the highlights which were all SEA plays. Obviously DJ did not add to his TD mark, did he get any yardage? Did AZ even play skill position starters knowing the game made no difference?

Having just seen AZ completely dominate the Packers last week, I did not think any team could completely dominate them. Especially one the pack had already beaten. Funny game. Of course the Packer team of late bears little resemblance to the one from early in the year.
                              The game yesterday was over in the first half, maybe the first quarter. Pretty much anything that could have gone wrong for AZ did. They looked as bad, if not worse than the Packers did last week. The only upside is that I think they escaped the game without any new major injuries.

I'm fairly certain that Bruce Arians will require medical attention for the conniption that occurred at half-time/after the game.

Comment

One of the announcers yesterday said that DJ had more yards from scrimmage than any other player in the NFL in December.

Comment

Working...
                                X