WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Johnson - stay on topic, please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: David Johnson - stay on topic, please

Originally posted by GonzoCat View Post
    Did anyone see the AZ/SEA game? I was shocked by the score, but of course only got to see the highlights which were all SEA plays. Obviously DJ did not add to his TD mark, did he get any yardage? Did AZ even play skill position starters knowing the game made no difference?

Having just seen AZ completely dominate the Packers last week, I did not think any team could completely dominate them. Especially one the pack had already beaten. Funny game. Of course the Packer team of late bears little resemblance to the one from early in the year.
    Yeah, it was brutal. So brutal, that the network changed games in our market, so I only saw part of the first half. But what I saw was a Seattle defense that was really, really good and controlling.
    "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Well I hope they get something figured out because they play the same team in 2 weeks.
      GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Well I hope they get something figured out because they play the same team in 2 weeks.
        Actually, Seattle is the 6 seed. If they beat Minnesota next week, they will go to Carolina in two weeks.

Arizona can host 3-Minnesota, 4-Washington, 5-Green Bay

Comment

Arians said in the postgame that this past week of practice was disappointing, and the game performance just exhibited that fact. Though that may just be the typical coachspeak spin.

I'm no expert, but it didn't really appear that DJ had many holes/running lanes to work with, and the Seattle defense closed in on him quite quickly. Also, Carson Palmer was definitely off his game this week, with passes being off target, and many instances of QB and WR just not being on the same page. I'm wondering if the dislocated fingers on his throwing hand are causing issues.

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
            Arians said in the postgame that this past week of practice was disappointing, and the game performance just exhibited that fact. Though that may just be the typical coachspeak spin.

I'm no expert, but it didn't really appear that DJ had many holes/running lanes to work with, and the Seattle defense closed in on him quite quickly. Also, Carson Palmer was definitely off his game this week, with passes being off target, and many instances of QB and WR just not being on the same page. I'm wondering if the dislocated fingers on his throwing hand are causing issues.
            One of the announcers - before our market bailed - said that Palmer had changed something about his throwing to deal with the disloaction against the Eagles a few weeks ago and that affected his throwing. I don't recall him saying how, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Khan4Cats View Post
              Actually, Seattle is the 6 seed. If they beat Minnesota next week, they will go to Carolina in two weeks.

Arizona can host 3-Minnesota, 4-Washington, 5-Green Bay
              So there really is no set bracket even though one has been published everywhere? I guess I should have known that, this isn't my first NFL playoffs.

Well that being the case AZ has a much easier route to the NFC championship game. I'd say the odds of SEA "upsetting" Minnesota are about 73%. Will be rooting for the Vikes in that one though, which is pretty rare.
              GO PANTHERS!

Comment

So there really is no set bracket even though one has been published everywhere? I guess I should have known that, this isn't my first NFL playoffs.

Well that being the case AZ has a much easier route to the NFC championship game. I'd say the odds of SEA "upsetting" Minnesota are about 73%. Will be rooting for the Vikes in that one though, which is pretty rare.
                AZ gets beat somewhere along the way if Palmer can't throw effectively.

Comment

I think Palmer will be throwing fine in two weeks. I think he threw fine against Green Bay a week ago, maybe just had an off day against Seattle if his numbers were off. Or Seattle's defense is very good, which it is.
                  GO PANTHERS!

Comment

I think Palmer will be throwing fine in two weeks. I think he threw fine against Green Bay a week ago, maybe just had an off day against Seattle if his numbers were off. Or Seattle's defense is very good, which it is.
                    Probably - but why play? Especially if the O-Line is going to play poorly. Seems like a big risk to play Palmer when one sack could mean end of season.

Comment

"David Johnson NFL Offensive Player Of Month

David Johnson might have gotten too late of a start this season to be named rookie of the year in the NFL, but his finish was impressive enough to earn him NFL Offensive Rookie of the Month honors to end the season.
                      Johnson, who got his chance after injuries to Chris Johnson and Andre Ellington, was the engine that made the

Cardinals’ offense run over their 4-1 closing kick. Highlighted by his 187-yard rushing day in Philadelphia, Johnson ran for 442 yards and had 658 total yards rushing and receiving, leading all rookies in both categories in that stretch.
                      He also scored five touchdowns, making a late push for that aforementioned rookie of the year bid.
                      For the season, Johnson had 1,636 total yards – he also returned kickoffs much of the season – and scored a franchise rookie record 13 total touchdowns. He became just the fourth player in NFL history to have 500 rushing yards, 400 receiving yards, 500 kickoff return yards and 13 touchdowns, following Timmy Brown (1962), Gale Sayers (1965) and Maurice Jones-Drew (2006).
                      Although Ellington has returned to play and Chris Johnson is eligible to play in the Super Bowl once he comes off IR, David Johnson is expected to remain the starter in the backfield.
                      David Johnson is the third Cardinal in franchise history to earn Offensive Rookie of the Month. Wide receiver Anquan Boldin won it twice in 2003, while quarterback Jake Plummer was honored in 1997. Three defensive rookies have earned that award: Safety Tyrann Mathieu (2013), cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (2008) and defensive end Simeon Rice (1996)."

source:

Comment

The 20 most important players in the playoffs

20. David Johnson, running back, Cardinals: In Weeks 15-16, the Cardinals smothered the Eagles and Packers by a combined margin of 53 points. Johnson's breakout game against Philadelphia was followed by another strong effort vs. Green Bay. What makes him so critical is that he's a big play waiting to happen as a runner, pass-catcher and returner. He can go the distance at any time.

Comment

seems like he really hasn't had any room to work, as the GB defense seems to hit him in the backfield more often than not. And Carson Palmer is struggling to throw accurately with the finger injury (and not getting time to throw).
                          ugh. (and he's just been picked off).

Comment

DJ just kept the drive alive . . . resulted in a TD for the lead rather than a FG to tie.

Unfortunately, as great as his play was, it will get lost in the flukiness of the TD.

Comment

DJ should have had that sweep the play before that one. Would have made 3rd down conversion possible.
                              Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                              Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                              - George Halas

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdad View Post
                                DJ just kept the drive alive . . . resulted in a TD for the lead rather than a FG to tie.

Unfortunately, as great as his play was, it will get lost in the flukiness of the TD.
                                David Johnson has already made quite an impression in his rookie season, and hopefully he gets many more chances to make headlines. I'm sure he won't be losing sleep over the flukiness of the score.

Comment

Working...
                                X