WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2015 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2015 Panther Basketball Recruit List

There's no real reason to post about who we show interest in, but I thought y'all might enjoy this name.

https://twitter.com/NebraskaHSHoops/...22769397444608

NebraskaHSHoops ‏@NebraskaHSHoops

Northern Iowa is the latest to show interest in 2015 G Malik Hluchoweckyj and 2015 C Justin Patton both of OSA Crusaders. #NIOWA #MVCHoops

Comment

• That is a five star player, according to rima.com

From my NSA monitored nexus 5

Comment

Looks like Nebraska has offered Michael Jacobsen from Waukee although Huskerboard seems confused whether they are offering him for football or basketball. He also has recent offers from Princeton and Indiana St.

Comment

I heard Jacobson is really targeting any big 5 offer over mvc schools.

Comment

Interesting article on the Iowa Barnstormers AAU team which includes plenty of players we have offers/commitments including McDonnell, Haldeman, Seales and Ernst. Calls McDonnell a solid Big 10 player with an additional 15 pounds and credit UNI for wrapping up the recruitment early in the process. He is also very high on Cortez Seales.

Comment

Originally posted by unialum2010 View Post
              interesting article on the iowa barnstormers aau team which includes plenty of players we have offers/commitments including mcdonnell, haldeman, seales and ernst. Calls mcdonnell a solid big 10 player with an additional 45 pounds and credit uni for wrapping up the recruitment early in the process. He is also very high on cortez seales.

http://roundballrundownreport.com/20...es-make-a-run/
              . .

Comment

But, but, but Jake can't recruit big guys...
                #MACtion

Comment

Who do you all think we can realistically get to commit out of those we've offered? And is Buss going to be eligible for a 6th year from his broken arm or no?

Comment

Originally posted by Moose39 View Post
                    Who do you all think we can realistically get to commit out of those we've offered? And is Buss going to be eligible for a 6th year from his broken arm or no?
                    With regards to Buss. If he applies it wont be til after the season. Just going by the book he won't get the year but then he deserves it more than Gibbs so it just depends how the NCAA is feeling at that time.

I would guess we have a good chance on Haldeman, after that I really have no clue but I think we are in the running for most instate recruits still

Comment

I think we have a very good chance at landing one of those three, and at least a 25% chance at landing two of them.

Comment

I doubt Seales comes to UNI. The others are strong possibilities. I'm intrigued by Cretin Durim Hall's point guard, FWIW. I've noticed some tweets mentioning UNI interest.
                        The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

That picture of McDonnell is at least a year old. He's a lot bigger now.
                          #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN View Post
                            I think we have a very good chance at landing one of those three, and at least a 25% chance at landing two of them.
                            I am not so high on ernst though he is big so for that reason alone I guess. I am excited about mcdonnell though!

Comment

Latest info on rivals page says 6'9" and 200 lbs. for McDonnell - not sure when it was put on there. My wife actually thought he was about 13 years old when I showed her the picture on this thread.
                              Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                              Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                              - George Halas

Comment

Iowa preps had a free article on Seales and he said that UNI has not contacted him in a while.

I think we end up landing Ernst. He has said, or McDonnell said that they would like to play together in college.

I think we'll also get Haldeman and Anim. But that's just my hunch. Everyone else seems to be blowing up with AAU ball coming up

Comment

Working...
                                X