WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another great Northern Iowan article...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another great Northern Iowan article...

Man, they BLEED purple! We need to get them onto this site if they aren't already!

it was good article too! Next weeks column should be a blast!
    Career (3 sport) Coaching Record: 50-3
    the Future coach of the Depaul Blue Demons

Comment

Ok, so this girl feels she has a right to complain about the students that leave Cedar Falls to go to Iowa City but then fully admits to not being interested in going to the UNI game herself??? She says she stayed at home and cleaned her apartment all day.

Here's a little tip to Whitney... perhaps next time don't admit that you didnt do something when you are admonishing others for not doing the same thing. Wow, I'm sorry, but talk about a hypocrite.

Comment

They also have a sports columnist that wrote about how much he loves the Hawks earlier this year.

I am pretty much sick of the Northern Iowan in general. Wrong information, horrible grammar, articles that stop and never start again, politically to the left of Stalin... Not even worth reading anymore.
        #MACtion

Comment

Unfortunately, the subject of that article seems to get recycled every few years... I recall a similarly themed article 10-11 years ago when I was a wee freshman.

Comment

Originally posted by bcrawf View Post
            They also have a sports columnist that wrote about how much he loves the Hawks earlier this year.
            Yeah, that one was terrible. I wrote a letter to the editor on that one but never looked to see if they published it or not.

Comment

my column this week is on some polls i took:

1. IF you were asked to recite/sing the UNI fight song back to me how much (on a scale of 1-10 (10 being every word)) could you recite back?

2. Same question regarding the Iowa/ISU fight songs.

3. How many of those were members of the Possee or not

4. Who is going to the ISU/UNI game or the OSU/Iowa game

5. Who do you think will win the ISU/UNI game.

The answers i got on a very large poll were outrageous! sighs.

Hopefully it will be a good article

Comment

Originally posted by bcrawf View Post

I am pretty much sick of the Northern Iowan in general. Wrong information, horrible grammar, articles that stop and never start again, politically to the left of Stalin... Not even worth reading anymore.
                I enjoy the publication. It's not great, but it's worth a read.
                TH1974: This guy was all-UNI, and wanted to show it by pretending to play a non-existant musical instrument in public.

Comment

I loved Whitney's article last week so much in fact that I quoted it in my signiture, but I do have to admit that I am a little upset that she's being a hypocrite. Probably a very dumb move on her part to admit that she didn't go to the game. I still think she had good intentions though.
                  The Original PURPLE Wig Guy........ GO PANTHERS
                  "You put some dumb red bird, a Hawkeye, and a Panther in a cage, and who do you think is going to win? The Panther would clearly rip the other two to shreds, eat them for dinner (although it would be a small meal for the monstrous beast) and spit out their feathers to make a pillow!"

Comment

Does it actually say she didn't go to the game?
                    The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

yea, she said she stayed home to clean for her parents and they went out for dinner and what not...she's an "artsy" person so prob. not too big into the sports realm. Understandable.

Comment

the article i think was more focused on people should stay in CF...especially during family weekend.

Comment

I guess even if she said she stayed home all day to clean and then they went out to dinner, couldn't that have been on Friday? Isn't Family Weekend Friday-Sunday? And some people refer to dinner as being the 2nd meal of the day. Just something to think about before scolding her.
                          The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Panthers to the Bone View Post
                            Does it actually say she didn't go to the game?
                            Yes. She says...

As a senior who lives off campus, I have no interest in taking my parents to the Rialto for root beer floats and a football game wasn’t that tempting either.

Comment

OK, thanks. I missed that, even though I skimmed it a couple times.

Comment

Working...
                              X