WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Playoff Possibility Thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official Playoff Possibility Thread?

We're making this too hard.

With a win Saturday, we'll play in the Dome at 7:00 on Saturday the 26th.

If we lose the season is over.
    #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
      the conference doesn't want to send their champion,

What? Is this serious? If so, what a disappointment to their players, families, and fans!

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdad View Post
        What? Is this serious? If so, what a disappointment to their players, families, and fans!
        I guess they've found that the "Celebration Bowl" (MEAC champ vs. the SWAC champ) gets better hype (and media coverage) than a one-and-done first round playoff road loss for both of the teams (those conferences generally weren't competitive in the playoffs)

Comment

UNI at 6-5 should be in over UND at 9-2 in my opinion/.

UNI beats a FBS team, lost to 4 playoff teams (& usd)

UND lost to a 1-8 FBS team, DIDNT BEAT 1 PLAYOFF TEAM & lost to a 3-8 stony brook.
          UNI has #2 Dome in MVFC, but Ice Lounge rocks! BisoNation.com

Comment

Originally posted by lakesbison View Post
            UNI at 6-5 should be in over UND at 9-2 in my opinion/.

UNI beats a FBS team, lost to 4 playoff teams (& usd)

UND lost to a 1-8 FBS team, DIDNT BEAT 1 PLAYOFF TEAM & lost to a 3-8 stony brook.

I like it when you make a big deal out of beating Iowa State! 😏

Comment

If Iowa State could have finished the deal in a couple of other games I would feel better about the committee seeing that as a better win, Iowa State could easily be sitting here with 5 wins right now, well actually 6 if they would have beaten us.

Comment

Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
                If Iowa State could have finished the deal in a couple of other games I would feel better about the committee seeing that as a better win, Iowa State could easily be sitting here with 5 wins right now, well actually 6 if they would have beaten us.
                exactly...hopefully the committee looks deep into the process and does their homework.
                Iowa State has actually competed well in most of their games and should be viewed as a solid win...
                Our victory over them in Ames beats a lot of other wins over other FBS teams...
                ISU only lost to Oklahoma by 10, Baylor by 3 and took OK St and Kansas St deep into the 4th qtr losing each game by a touchdown.

First things first tho...gotta play a sound, solid game, limit mistakes and beat the Bunnies!
                "Give a cheer Ho, the purple and the gold!!"

Comment

Originally posted by achrist70 View Post

Agreed. Iowa State is the best 2-win team in the country. Seriously.

P.S. I like it when Lakes plays up the quality of a win against Iowa State!

Comment

Any logical look at the resume says we win and we are in. However, if I know anything about the selection committee, it is that they neither like logic or UNI.

Comment

If UNI beats SDSU, I do feel that UNI is one of the best 24 FCS teams in the country.
                      But I also don't feel that any 6-5 team has any room to gripe about being left out, if that is the case.

Comment

Questions for those who have watched this over the years.

Does the committee have any geographical bias? Do they ever seem to pick region over team quality?

Or conference bias? For instance, is there pressure to take teams from conferences with fewer representatives?

Comment

The is committee seems to change its priority from year to year. The MVFC has been the bees knees for the past several years. Before that, it was the CAA.

Sent from my NSA monitored One+ 3

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                            We're making this too hard.

With a win Saturday, we'll play in the Dome at 7:00 on Saturday the 26th.

If we lose the season is over.
                            If we win Saturday, we are a 50-50 shot at best. Only one FCS team has ever gotten an at-large at 6-5 and that was WIU last year. Would probably need at least a couple 6-4 teams to get beat.

Comment

And I agree, if we win and we don't get in we really can't complain. Had our shot 5 times and couldn't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIGrainer View Post
                                And I agree, if we win and we don't get in we really can't complain. Had our shot 5 times and couldn't do it.
                                Total agreement. I'm frankly embarrassed we're to the point of hoping that 6-5 is good enough to get us into a majorly watered down field.
                                #MACtion

Comment

Working...
                                X