WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tracy Claeys Fired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracy Claeys Fired

I saw that Minnesota fired Claeys today. Some unnamed underclassmen were quoted as saying they would not stay to play for their administration, and that many would seek to transfer. UNI is bound to at least get looks from a few of them. This probably bares watching.

Also, isn't Jay Johnson the OC there, and, there's a potential opening here? Just a thought.

Re: Tracy Claeys Fired

Jay was making $550k a year as the OC at UM. Ouch.
    Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Just looked at Univ of Minn football website under "Coaches" and obvious head coach is not on there, but Jay Johnson is no longer on the site???? Does anyone know anything?

Comment

Originally posted by RC Panther View Post
        Just looked at Univ of Minn football website under "Coaches" and obvious head coach is not on there, but Jay Johnson is no longer on the site???? Does anyone know anything?
        He was listed among the seven fired as well in a Strib article I read. Will try to find it.

Update: found it:

Last edited by ronfitch; 01-04-2017, 01:12 PM.
        "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

So does Jay Johnson become UNI's offensive coach and Kurt Warner's son become a Panther?
          The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Panthers to the Bone View Post
            So does Jay Johnson become UNI's offensive coach and Kurt Warner's son become a Panther?
            We can only pray to get Jaybird as OC

Comment

Originally posted by stolz67 View Post
              We can only pray to get Jaybird as OC
              If we're counting on divine intervention let's go for head coach! just kidding

Comment

Jay just landed a new job according to Football Scoop. He landed a job at Georgia.
                GO NORTHERN IOWA PANTHERS![SIZE="6"][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Jonsoup View Post

Jay just landed a new job according to Football Scoop. He landed a job at Georgia.
                  We have former Panthers coaching in both the FCS and FBS title games...

Comment

Originally posted by The Flying Squirrel View Post

We have former Panthers coaching in both the FCS and FBS title games...
                    ...So at the very least, there's a solid coaching tree from Farley.

Comment

Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post

...So at the very least, there's a solid coaching tree from Farley.
                      I don't think Johnson ever worked for Farley.

Comment

Originally posted by JD720 View Post

I don't think Johnson ever worked for Farley.
                        I'm just trying to make jokes, my man. Although I think you're right, my bad.

Comment

Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post

I'm just trying to make jokes, my man. Although I think you're right, my bad.
                          Well 4 of the 10 full time coaches at UCF, now Nebraska, coached under Farley. (Mario, Dewitt, Chinander, Frost)
                          Klieman was under.
                          Jerry Montgomery (Michigan, OU and Green Bay) was under Farley.
                          Paup - Minnesota
                          Lynch - ECU
                          A ton of others that have gone on to significantly higher roles/programs

They all had overlap in coaching at UNI - all were between 05-11. Maybe it wasn't Farley that made those teams great. Maybe....Nah...Not gonna go there today but you all know where I was going.

Comment

Chris Klieman to Univ Minnesota

Comment

Originally posted by Neighbor View Post
                              Chris Klieman to Univ Minnesota
                              For what role would he fill there?

Comment

Working...
                              X