Follow us on Twitter


Go Back   Panther Nation > General Sports Discussion Forums > Panthers vs. Cyclones vs. Hawkeyes

Panthers vs. Cyclones vs. Hawkeyes A forum to debate all of the in state rivalries

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2016, 09:50 PM   #1
CincyPanther88
Senior Member
 
CincyPanther88's Avatar
 
Last Online: 04-26-2017 03:56 PM
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 1,589
Default McKay suspended indefinitely

http://m.amestrib.com/sports/men-s-b...d-indefinitely
__________________
"And immediately, (P'Allen Stinnett's) Facebook status was spouting vulgarities towards the university."
CincyPanther88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 10:08 PM   #2
domedays
Senior Member
 
Last Online: Yesterday 10:30 PM
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Saylorville
Posts: 893
Default Re: McKay suspended indefinitely

Suspended indefinitely for a bad knee. Some tough love down in Ames, add a sprained ankle and they will kick him out of school.
domedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 12:03 AM   #3
cydave
Mudrafan + cydave = BFF
 
Last Online: Yesterday 08:17 PM
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,533
Default Re: McKay suspended indefinitely

Quote:
Originally Posted by domedays View Post
Suspended indefinitely for a bad knee. Some tough love down in Ames, add a sprained ankle and they will kick him out of school.
There was a lot going on behind the scenes. Long story short, the players aren't sad about him not playing tomorrow.
cydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 06:45 AM   #4
otter
Senior Member
 
otter's Avatar
 
Last Online: Yesterday 12:32 PM
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ankeny
Posts: 1,128
Default Re: McKay suspended indefinitely

I read one article that said he quit, but McKay tweeted 1 game. Will be interesting to see how they do without him
otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 08:48 AM   #5
cydave
Mudrafan + cydave = BFF
 
Last Online: Yesterday 08:17 PM
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,533
Default Re: McKay suspended indefinitely

Quote:
Originally Posted by otter View Post
I read one article that said he quit, but McKay tweeted 1 game. Will be interesting to see how they do without him
Here's what a well informed guy said on CF:
"Ive mentioned a few times that certain players were fed up with a couple that don't give it their all, haven't practiced hard, and just goof around. Well, they made it clear that was not going to be tolerated anymore and McKay didn't like the change.

Team is coming together stronger. McKay has been a thorn in the locker room all year and finally lashed out by saying he's done with it. He subsequently cooled down but the damage is done. Prohm gave the suspension for missed practice and team will decide if and when he is allowed to return.

I fully expect to see a more focused team effort tomorrow."
cydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 02:46 PM   #6
UNIdad
UNIdaughter fan and more
 
Last Online: Yesterday 05:48 PM
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,162
Default Re: McKay suspended indefinitely

Quote:
Originally Posted by cydave View Post
Here's what a well informed guy said on CF:
"Ive mentioned a few times that certain players were fed up with a couple that don't give it their all, haven't practiced hard, and just goof around. Well, they made it clear that was not going to be tolerated anymore and McKay didn't like the change.

Team is coming together stronger. McKay has been a thorn in the locker room all year and finally lashed out by saying he's done with it. He subsequently cooled down but the damage is done. Prohm gave the suspension for missed practice and team will decide if and when he is allowed to return.

I fully expect to see a more focused team effort tomorrow."

This may be true, but it is based on inside information.

We in the public only know that McKay has been rather "dramatic" this season. He emotes a lot when he is taken out of the game or doesn't have a good game. And he has performed inconsistently without showing the characteristics that made him Big 12 defensive player of year last year. Of course, Prohm has been using him differently, moving him away from the basket. We miss his shot-blocking, rebounding (which actually hasn't been that bad), and running the court.

Hopefully, having Monte Morris as a roommate will probably help him get his act together.
UNIdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 10:00 AM   #7
in_the_stands
Senior Member
 
Last Online: Yesterday 05:32 AM
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: in transit
Posts: 1,427
Default Re: McKay suspended indefinitely

54 pages on CF about the McKay thing
in_the_stands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 04:22 PM   #8
UNIdad
UNIdaughter fan and more
 
Last Online: Yesterday 05:48 PM
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,162
Default Re: McKay suspended indefinitely

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_the_stands View Post
54 pages on CF about the McKay thing
And they call him the drama queen!
UNIdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:05 AM.


© Copyright 2004-2017 Panther Nation.  All rights reserved.
PantherNation.com is not affiliated with the University Of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panthers.