Follow us on Twitter

Go Back   Panther Nation > News Forums > College Football News

Old 04-14-2016, 10:54 PM   #1
lakesbison

Default NDSU Wentz Possible #1 Pick

This is pretty insane. Wentz is projected by many to be #1 pick in the NFL Draft. This is a big deal for the Conference & just think you guys handed him a LOSS but youre in all his highlights for that last second TD in Fargodome.

lost in shuffle is LT Joe Haeg probably going round 3.

Lots of MVFC chat in most articles.
UNI has #2 Dome in MVFC, but Ice Lounge rocks! BisoNation.com
lakesbison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 12:08 AM   #2
Moose39
The Bird ≥ The Word

Default Re: NDSU Wentz Possible #1 Pick

Www.bisonville.com

Try there?
Moose39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 12:18 AM   #3
lakesbison

I know, Just thought we'd have a little brotherly conference mate chatter. this is a Big Freakin Deal... chanelling joe biden
Old 04-15-2016, 06:44 AM   #4
BCPanther
PN Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose39 View Post
He can't. Been Perma-Banned for years.

*HINT*
Old 04-15-2016, 07:35 AM   #5
SteinPizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose39 View Post
Lakes aside, more power to Wentz. The higher he goes, the better it is for the conference's image. Better yet, have some actual success on the field. There's an obvious difference between the two.

Just skimmed through their thread regarding their game with Iowa. Many of them had some reasoned thoughts and decent analysis of the game. Excited for the matchup, not overly cocky or hate filled, not unrealistic, etc. I was pleasantly surprised. No wonder they banned Lakes.
SteinPizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 08:33 AM   #6
lakesbison

Im not banned, im under El Chapo.

anyways, Yes, Wentz will be a great ambassador for the FCS & MVFC unlike Romo, Flacco, Warner... they hardly ever "talk up" the division or have the backs of FCS players.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:08 AM   #7
claw

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakesbison View Post

anyways, Yes, Wentz will be a great ambassador for the FCS & MVFC unlike Romo, Flacco, Warner... they hardly ever "talk up" the division or have the backs of FCS players.
You've literally never watched Warner talk about changing perceptions about who/what UNI and other smaller schools are.

Why can't we ban this guy?
claw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 09:08 AM   #8
SteinPizza

Quote:

"Talking up" the division is kind of pointless. It's the NFL...whole different deal against far superior opponents. If it was the SEC, it's a little different, but still the same differential between who you used to play with/against vs. who you play with/against now. The schemes are also more complex at the NFL level, the level of coach is superior, on and on and on.

Romo, Warner, and Flacco are great "ambassadors" for FCS by virtue of even being in the league and playing at a high level. That's realistically all you can hope for.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:27 AM   #9
ProwlingPanther

Quote:

Zzzzzzzzzzzz

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
ProwlingPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 12:41 PM   #10
PanthersKB

Yes! We can finally get some good FCS athletes into professional football! Then the Big10, Big12, SEC, etc. will finally bow down to FCS and realize that FCS football is the best in the nation! And then they will HAVE to schedule us! All it takes is some "talking up!"

(Dripping sarcasm here)
PanthersKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 12:50 PM   #11
MnPantherFan

If only UNI had a skill position player doing well in the NFL!!!

"(Dripping sarcasm here)" DITTO
MnPantherFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 01:50 PM   #12
UNIdad
UNIdaughter fan and more

Quote:
I know, Just thought we'd have a little brotherly conference mate chatter. this is a Big Freakin Deal... chanelling joe biden

Rather clever way to do some low-key bragging about Wentz. Mask it as conference mate chatter. Impressive work.
UNIdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 01:51 PM   #13
UNIdad
UNIdaughter fan and more

Quote:

Why does BV bother banning you as Lakes, but not the other username that everyone knows is you?
UNIdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 04:58 PM   #14
vbfan19

I don't mind talk about Wentz on here. He is a good athlete. And it isn't like we are chock full of other lively discussion this time of year.

However, draft position in itself never impresses me. If a player is drafted high, and never really makes much of a contribution, then it ends up being negative publicity for the conference and subdivision. But if he can have some success in the league (regardless of where he ends up being drafted), then that is awesome.
vbfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 05:05 PM   #15
Trapped in California
Escaped from CA

The Rams gave away the store in order to obtain the #1 pick. Whoever they pick (likely Wentz or Goff from Cal), that guy will need to be mobile, because he will be running for his life most of the time.
Trapped in California is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 07:53 PM   #16
panther-state
Rockin' that Purp & Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIdad View Post
Why does BV bother banning you as Lakes, but not the other username that everyone knows is you?
A ban is kind of like a "neutering". Admins can tell if it's still the same poster so they likely have little issue letting them "back on board" (no pun intended) if the behavior is toned down. At some point they'd likely just stop approving the same IP Address.

Or maybe they don't and its basically pointless to ban someone in the first place. I'm mostly just pulling that out of my *** (as usual)
panther-state is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 03:36 PM   #17
SteinPizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbfan19 View Post
I don't mind talk about Wentz on here. He is a good athlete. And it isn't like we are chock full of other lively discussion this time of year.

However, draft position in itself never impresses me. If a player is drafted high, and never really makes much of a contribution, then it ends up being negative publicity for the conference and subdivision. But if he can have some success in the league (regardless of where he ends up being drafted), then that is awesome.
Any negativity on a busted draft pick is far worse on the team that picked him, and the guys who made the decision. There's some on the player too, but his school and conference almost never enter in to it.
Old 04-17-2016, 11:01 AM   #18
Codytwo

Can we honestly say that David Johnson's success last year has really had a significant impact on the perception of the MVFC?
Codytwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 11:32 AM   #19
vbfan19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codytwo View Post
Can we honestly say that David Johnson's success last year has really had a significant impact on the perception of the MVFC?
I would guess that most people don't know and don't care. The run of the mill fan isn't really going to change their perception of a school/conference/subdivision that they don't otherwise care about just because of what one (or a handful) of its alumni have done.

But I could definitely see NFL teams/scouts perhaps being more open-minded in regards to giving guys from UNI/the MVFC/FCS a shot. (nothing guaranteed, of course, but every little bit helps). And frankly, I feel that is worth more than the opinion of Joe Schmo football fan whose opinions are mostly shaped by what they are spoonfed by the talking heads on TV anyway.
Old 04-17-2016, 04:29 PM   #20
sivert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codytwo View Post
I would think so. David Johnson went 3rd round. Every NFL team picked two or three guys when David Johnson was still available. How many of them would swap one of those picks for DJ if they could?
I think Carson W should be glad that David has everyone wondering.
sivert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 11:35 PM   #21
SteinPizza

Quote:
I would guess that most people don't know and don't care. The run of the mill fan isn't really going to change their perception of a school/conference/subdivision that they don't otherwise care about just because of what one (or a handful) of its alumni have done.

But I could definitely see NFL teams/scouts perhaps being more open-minded in regards to giving guys from UNI/the MVFC/FCS a shot. (nothing guaranteed, of course, but every little bit helps). And frankly, I feel that is worth more than the opinion of Joe Schmo football fan whose opinions are mostly shaped by what they are spoonfed by the talking heads on TV anyway.
Every applicable UNI guy is already getting a shot. Scouts from all the teams cover UNI, watch our game films, attend games, stay in contact with the coaches, etc. Nobody good enough to play at that level hasn't gotten a look. They haven't made it because they weren't good enough. End of story. That's nothing against anybody who's played, it's just reality.
Old 04-18-2016, 08:12 AM   #22
claw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteinPizza View Post
Every applicable UNI guy is already getting a shot. Scouts from all the teams cover UNI, watch our game films, attend games, stay in contact with the coaches, etc. Nobody good enough to play at that level hasn't gotten a look. They haven't made it because they weren't good enough. End of story. That's nothing against anybody who's played, it's just reality.
Mostly true.

Having a guy like DJ gets other guys looks that may not have gotten looks. Xavier got a lot more eyes on him simply because he was on the same team as DJ. Read some scouts who specialize in small schools - Dorleant likely went from undrafted to probably drafted because teams sent guys to watch Hall and got to see him. Kilfoy moved from not on a lot of radars to a potential priority free agent
claw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 11:39 AM   #23
SteinPizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by claw View Post
Mostly true.

Having a guy like DJ gets other guys looks that may not have gotten looks. Xavier got a lot more eyes on him simply because he was on the same team as DJ. Read some scouts who specialize in small schools - Dorleant likely went from undrafted to probably drafted because teams sent guys to watch Hall and got to see him. Kilfoy moved from not on a lot of radars to a potential priority free agent
Both Kilfoy and Dorleant were already known. What got some notice for Dorleant was running a great 40 and doing well in the agility drills at UNI's pro day. I doubt he's drafted, but he got some notice. Sometimes that's all you need. Kilroy was on some radars heading in to last season. Being a small school, having Hall get a lot of looks certainly doesn't hurt, I'll give you that. But, it's not like they were undiscovered. Also, the teams I know of don't assign scouts by program size, it's primarily geographical. The same guy who scouted Iowa for the Bears also had UNI as an example. Some teams could be different, but ultimately you're judging guys by the peers in their draft class.
Old 04-19-2016, 10:08 AM   #24
CincyPanther88

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteinPizza View Post
Agreed. We were talking about Wentz on another message board and someone made the point that he was an unknown until the draft talk began. I said that while he was unknown to the average fan, any scout or exec worth his salt knew about him even though he wasn't on national TV every week. If you're good enough, you're going to get noticed no matter what level you play.
Old 04-19-2016, 01:33 PM   #25
vbfan19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyPanther88 View Post
Agreed. We were talking about Wentz on another message board and someone made the point that he was an unknown until the draft talk began. I said that while he was unknown to the average fan, any scout or exec worth his salt knew about him even though he wasn't on national TV every week. If you're good enough, you're going to get noticed no matter what level you play.
Not to mention that the majority (if not all) of his games could be pulled up on ESPN3's archives for any scout or exec to review if they have an interest.

Same goes for UNI's games/players.
Old 04-19-2016, 01:52 PM   #26
SteinPizza

Quote:
Not to mention that the majority (if not all) of his games could be pulled up on ESPN3's archives for any scout or exec to review if they have an interest.

Same goes for UNI's games/players.
In most cases it's game film from the schools themselves, or they're watching live. They guys I knew in that business put in huge amounts of travel, along with huge amounts of writing electronic reports, paperwork, watching film, etc.
Old 05-01-2016, 02:59 PM   #27
Trapped in California
Escaped from CA

http://twitter.com/FakeSportsCentr/s...375296/photo/1

From my NSA monitored nexus 5
Old 05-02-2016, 08:03 AM   #28
JD720

Good luck in Philly, Carson.

http://www.phillyvoice.com/carson-we...ss-conference/
JD720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 08:20 AM   #29
vbfan19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD720 View Post
he's probably glad there weren't any snow/ice balls around.
Old 08-15-2016, 08:45 AM   #30
Trapped in California
Escaped from CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapped in California View Post
The Rams gave away the store in order to obtain the #1 pick. Whoever they pick (likely Wentz or Goff from Cal), that guy will need to be mobile, because he will be running for his life most of the time.
Seems to be playing out as forecast, for both Wentz & Goff. Because the teams you are playing for stink, you're the top two picks. Hope you used some of that new fortune to buy long term disability insurance.