WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2015 Football Commit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2015 Football Commit List

Originally posted by otter View Post
    I noticed that too. From the caption it looks like Cook is on the left. Then Jacob Adam (kicker that signed with UNI) is the kid in the UNI shirt.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/sto...cook/22855523/
    And on the right is Arndt, who also committed to UNI. (In the middle is another Regina kid who committed to NDSU, so obviously he's dead to us now.)

Comment

It's a big day for Iowa. They finally got one of their legacy kids to play for them instead of UNI.
      GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Originally posted by GonzoCat View Post
        It's a big day for Iowa. They finally got one of their legacy kids to play for them instead of UNI.
        I love it.

As for our recruits...agree with the excitement on the Applegate kid from Johnston.

DT are really hard to find at this level. And it looks like we got one who's got the combination of size and athleticism it takes to be really good.

Looks like a kid who could red-shirt and then play a lot as a RS Freshman. A nice complement to Preston Woods and Adam Reth who will be lining up in the middle for the next 3 yrs.
        Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Putting two and two together, a good guess says the Chicago QB and the new OC coming here simultaneously wasn't pure coincidence. He sounds like the dual threat type that would do well in a no huddle, spread the field attack.

Comment

Looks like we got a late recruit. Tyler Eads inks with UNI last moment

Comment

Partially updated

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
                I love it.

As for our recruits...agree with the excitement on the Applegate kid from Johnston.

DT are really hard to find at this level. And it looks like we got one who's got the combination of size and athleticism it takes to be really good.

Looks like a kid who could red-shirt and then play a lot as a RS Freshman. A nice complement to Preston Woods and Adam Reth who will be lining up in the middle for the next 3 yrs.
                Don't forget Ales and McNeil (coming back from injury) and I am pretty sure there were a couple guys who were redshirt DL last year who the coaching staff is really excited about. Also I think as long as Paup is coaching the DL it will be a position of strength for UNI.

Comment

Originally posted by wretched View Post
                  Don't forget Ales and McNeil (coming back from injury) and I am pretty sure there were a couple guys who were redshirt DL last year who the coaching staff is really excited about. Also I think as long as Paup is coaching the DL it will be a position of strength for UNI.
                  How could you turn down the opportunity to play for a former NFL DMVP? Seriously! With a small handful of programs, I don't understand how anyone could turn down the opportunity to learn from Coach Paup.

Comment

McNeil was a senior I don't think that he is coming back, played in too many games to redshirt.

Comment

Coach Farley said last year that he was only a Jr and would be coming back.
                      UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                      iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
                        Coach Farley said last year that he was only a Jr and would be coming back.
                        This is correct. His eligibility still gives him a year.

Also all offensive players are updated to the furthest extent of my knowledge

Comment

Any scoop on who the coaches expect may see some snaps next year as true FR?

Also, the transfers are an exciting group. The New Jersey prep school they all attended sounds like a power, and produces a lot of D1 recruits. There's some damn good players produced by that state, so establishing even a mini-pipeline would be a good thing.

Comment

Everyone should be updated and accounted for, besides any walk-ons

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
                              Any scoop on who the coaches expect may see some snaps next year as true FR?

Also, the transfers are an exciting group. The New Jersey prep school they all attended sounds like a power, and produces a lot of D1 recruits. There's some damn good players produced by that state, so establishing even a mini-pipeline would be a good thing.
                              I'm really intrigued by that trio. You have to imagine we got a hold of one of them and they helped us snag his two buddies who weren't happy with their situation. I know Singleton was stuck behind people at Nebraska so I'd say he's the most likely original link and he helped us get Huggins and Napoleon.

Supposedly Twait and a number of other OL guys could play right away if they impress enough. He mentioned in his article that they are giving him every opportunity to play/start as a freshman. Otherwise he will redshirt and likely fill in the next year.

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
                                I'm really intrigued by that trio. You have to imagine we got a hold of one of them and they helped us snag his two buddies who weren't happy with their situation. I know Singleton was stuck behind people at Nebraska so I'd say he's the most likely original link and he helped us get Huggins and Napoleon.

Supposedly Twait and a number of other OL guys could play right away if they impress enough. He mentioned in his article that they are giving him every opportunity to play/start as a freshman. Otherwise he will redshirt and likely fill in the next year.
                                Agreed, Panther-State. If the other transfer from WV is good enough to see the field at CB (even just on certain downs), then I'm guessing Farley will take Deondre Hall and move him to more of a hybrid Safety/OLB position. Jamar Thompson played that his senior year, and you automatically increase your overall defensive speed, assuming the player is versatile enough to play both the run and coverage very well. Singleton has the size to fill that role too, but I don't know enough about him to speculate. Hall, IMO, could be play that position.

Comment

Working...
                                X