Follow us on Twitter

Go Back   Panther Nation > Specific Sports Topic Forums > Panther Women's Sports

Panther Women's Sports Discuss all things related to Panther women's sports.

Old 06-02-2016, 10:25 PM   #1
vbfan19

Default UNI to host conference championships for VB, XC, Swim/Dive, Indoor T&F, Wrestling

UNI will yet again host the MVC tournament for Volleyball in the McLeod Center (Nov. 24-26).

And as usual, the MVC Indoor T&F championships will be in the Dome. (Feb. 25-26)

The MVC Cross Country Championship will be at Pheasant Ridge (Oct. 29)

UNI will be the host school for the MVC Swimming & Diving Championship Meet (Feb. 15-18), though it will be held in Iowa City.

and the MAC Wrestling Championship will be in Cedar Falls (March 4-5).

Plus the defacto MVFC championship game will be held in the Dome on October 29.

http://unipanthers.com/news/2016/6/2...n-2016-17.aspx
vbfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 10:59 PM   #2
UNIdad
UNIdaughter fan and more

Default Re: UNI to host conference championships for VB, XC, Swim/Dive, Indoor T&F, Wrestling

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbfan19 View Post
UNI will be the host school for the MVC Swimming & Diving Championship Meet (Feb. 15-18), though it will be held in Iowa City.

http://unipanthers.com/news/2016/6/2...n-2016-17.aspx

Grumble, grumble, grumble . . . after four years of trekking all the way to Carbondale for the MVC Swim/Dive meet!

Seriously, this is fantastic. Iowa has absolutely great facilities for this. And UNI is the up-and-coming team in the sport. UNI's tremendous success is what opened the door for SIU to beat MSU by a half point for the win.

P.S. In reality, we will miss making the trip to Carbondale. It was a great time for the . . . parents!
UNIdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 06:46 AM   #3
DomeIsHome

Default Re: UNI to host conference championships for VB, XC, Swim/Dive, Indoor T&F, Wrestling

Wait, swimming and diving will be in Iowa City? How will that work? Will they cover up all the Hawkeye/Big Ten logos?

Has that ever been done before? I mean obviously conferences can hold championships at neutral sites, but I don't think I have ever heard of a school hosting it at another school before
DomeIsHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 07:43 AM   #4
GonzoCat

That's a great summary of information, thanks for putting it together vbfan. As it covers events for almost the next year I'd like to suggest a mod pin the thread for easy access. As it covers both mens and womens sports I'm not sure the womens sports forum is the correct one to pin it in, but that's a minor detail I can live with either way.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:53 AM   #5
UNIdad
UNIdaughter fan and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomeIsHome View Post
Wait, swimming and diving will be in Iowa City? How will that work? Will they cover up all the Hawkeye/Big Ten logos?

Has that ever been done before? I mean obviously conferences can hold championships at neutral sites, but I don't think I have ever heard of a school hosting it at another school before

I don't think they cover any logos. Rather they just add their own. It is just like when they host the NCAA zones in Iowa City. They just add a bunch of NCAA banners. It would be great to see a bunch of UNI banners there, not just MVC banners!

P.S. Although I like the idea, it would be tough to cover the tigerhawk painted on the bottom of the diving well.

UNIdaughter actually liked the logo because it helped her spot the water and know when to come out of a somersault.
UNIdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 03:09 PM   #6
vbfan19

Tickets to the volleyball conference tournament will be included with the season ticket package. (so it will include the 9 home conference matches, the home match against Iowa State, the preseason tournment with Northwestern, Syracuse, and NDSU, and the conference tournament).
vbfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote