WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NDSU vs. UofIowa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDSU vs. UofIowa

Tied 14-14 in the 3rd quarter.
    I'm having trouble figuring out who to root against in this game.

Re: NDSU vs. UofIowa

21-20, in the 4th, NDSU going for 2. I mean another strong, undefeated year by the Hawks is a lot better for UNI recruiting than another strong, undefeated year from NDSU.

Comment

Hahhahahahahhaah

Comment

I thought Iowa always blocks last minute MVFC kicks.

Guess not, gotta beat these guys in the Dome.

Comment

Yet another thing NDSU does that UNI can't.

Good game by NDSU though, way to not play for OT and go for the win. Defense holds, great rushing game, great play calling and it pays off.

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
            21-20, in the 4th, NDSU going for 2. I mean another strong, undefeated year by the Hawks is a lot better for UNI recruiting than another strong, undefeated year from NDSU.
            There wasn't going to be an undefeated year from the Hawks either way.
            This just makes a UNI win in October that much more satisfying.

I'm just worried about Barta/Ferentz getting cold feet after this and buying out UNI's 2018 game with them

Comment

I was torn, but at first I wanted the Hawks to win - wanted us to be the first to win at Kinnick. As the game went on I was rooting green - they deserved it. Will have to enlighten the Iowa fans that we had to play in Fargo TWICE last year - and gave them some of their closest games.

Break up the Bison!

Comment

Old Kirk has been resurrected, only with $50m

Sent from my NSA monitored One+ 3

Comment

Tied as second biggest FBS upset, along with James Madison over #13 VT in 2010. Number 1 of course Appy St over #5 Michigan.

Comment

Maybe the most impressive part of that win was that a lot of NDSU 's drives were plain vanilla runs. The NDSU line just pushed the Iowa line around.

Comment

Are the SOS rankings so skewed that an FBS school who loses to a top ranked or highly ranked FCS school hurts them more than an FBS school losing to an unranked Sun Belt-type conference school?

What is worse for the Big 10 conference: Iowa losing to NDSU, or Wisconsin struggling against Georgia State. Or if they had lost, is that considered a "better" loss since they are an FBS school?

Comment

Originally posted by sivert View Post
                        Maybe the most impressive part of that win was that a lot of NDSU 's drives were plain vanilla runs. The NDSU line just pushed the Iowa line around.
                        This. NDSU was just the stronger, better team at the end of the game. No way for Hawk fan to blame it on turnovers or fluke plays. They just got beat.
                        "My role is to lead, plain and simple. . . .I with the help of my staff and our administration, we will lead." --Ben Jacobson

Comment

Sagarin rankings heading into this week:

Iowa- 13
                          Toledo- 39
                          Western Michigan- 47
                          W.Kentucky- 54
                          NDSU- 67
                          Central Michigan- 73
                          UNI- 88
                          SDSU- 91
                          Ohio- 92
                          Youngstown- 93
                          Illinois State- 97
                          Eastern Washington- 99
                          Western Illinois- 102
                          Iowa State- 104
                          Northern Illinois-107
                          Arkansas State- 108
                          Bowling Green-109
                          Miami OH- 135
                          The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

But the good news for Iowa is the BIG 10 West is much easier too win that the MVCF

Comment

Rushing yards 239-35. Hawks got dominated at the line.

Same thing UNI did to the Clones.
                              Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Working...
                              X