WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Panther Basketball Commitment List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official Panther Basketball Commitment List

Add Anthony James to the commitment list.
    [email protected]

http://stlhoopsinsider.com/

Comment

Well looks like we got some solid commits, but still we need a gamebreaker for the panthers. I am not saying flashy, but some kid who is gonna come in and play like Benny J used to. That kid could flat out play, he wasn't the fastest or the tallest or the best ball handler. The kid could just shoot and always got open no matter what. We need to find another player like that, that kid was amazing in a panther uniform.

Comment

Originally posted by PantherHawk View Post
        Well looks like we got some solid commits, but still we need a gamebreaker for the panthers. I am not saying flashy, but some kid who is gonna come in and play like Benny J used to. That kid could flat out play, he wasn't the fastest or the tallest or the best ball handler. The kid could just shoot and always got open no matter what. We need to find another player like that, that kid was amazing in a panther uniform.
        You seem fairly confident that none of our current commits are "gamebreakers." I don't know that I agree.
        TH1974: This guy was all-UNI, and wanted to show it by pretending to play a non-existant musical instrument in public.

Comment

You can tell me that these kids are better than Benny J? I mean come on, I am a huge panther fan, but i don't know if anyone was as clutch as that kid was. True he had a good supporting cast, but dang when we needed a shot that guy could make it. I just don't think we have anyone like that yet, now I am not saying we never will.

Comment

Originally posted by PantherHawk View Post
            You can tell me that these kids are better than Benny J? I mean come on, I am a huge panther fan, but i don't know if anyone was as clutch as that kid was. True he had a good supporting cast, but dang when we needed a shot that guy could make it. I just don't think we have anyone like that yet, now I am not saying we never will.
            I don't know how you can say that no one in the current recruiting class is a "gamebreaker" since they have yet to play a single minute in a Panther uniform.
            How many of us knew that Ben Jacobsen was going to be a gamebreaker before he stepped on campus? You're making this statement without knowing how they will develop during their 4-5 years at UNI.
            "They keep saying that what really matters is not whether you win or lose, but how you played the game. The trouble is that the best way to determine how you played the game is by whether you won or lost." - Anonymous

Comment

Anthony James As Also Committed To Uni

Comment

Well I can't tell you how they are going to pan out over their years. All i know is some of our recent recruits have been duds. It seems some of these kids come in all "hyped" up as great ball players, but don't adjust to the college game and they don't improve (brooks, travis brown, mason stewart, brent barz.) just to name a few. I don't know if that is coaching or the players themselves, but it just seems that our recent recruits have not panned out or gotten better.

Comment

Does anybody know how good this Anthony James kid is?

Also, after Barz left the program (does anybody know why that happened, by the way?), I thought we might have gone after another big to replace him. Do we still have another schollie for '08 to give?

Comment

UNI has one scholy remaining. It could be used a couple ways.

1. On a big (probably more of an athletic PF type since there are ZERO bigs out there---been picked through)
                    2. Banked...basically probably given to Jake Koch who will then use a walk-on year the following year so that UNI will have 2 scholys for the '09 class.

With Eglseder, Koch, O'Rear, and Rodenberg (in addition to Kerwin playing the 4 some), I think our bigs are okay...and young. The next year you will see UNI get a 'big', unless they find someone this year.
                    The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Panthers to the Bone View Post
                      With Eglseder, Koch, O'Rear, and Rodenberg...
                      What can you tell us about Rodenberg?
                      If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

I would go after some Athletic JUCO big man. Someone who can come in and contribute to the team right away. Our bigs are gonna be okay, but our system fits an ERIC Coleman type player, just make sure the guy can make FT's!

Comment

Originally posted by UNIChippewa View Post
                          Does anybody know how good this Anthony James kid is?

Also, after Barz left the program (does anybody know why that happened, by the way?), I thought we might have gone after another big to replace him. Do we still have another schollie for '08 to give?
                          James is INSTANT OFFENSE. He has great range on his jumpshot. You have to start guarding him in the parking lot. He also plays above the rim. On top of that, he has an advanced midrange game that allows him to stop short of the basket instead of going all the way and getting charges. Very intelligent player. Watch him in this video. He's #52 in white.
                          2007 Normandy Holiday InvitationalChampionship GameCardinal Ritter College Prep Vs Normandy Senior High62-59 (Final)

Check his And1 dunk at the 4:30 mark, where he outruns the whole team and goes in the for the slam plus the foul.
                          Also, here are other videos of James.
                          Anthony James6'2 Combo GuardClass of 2008Normandy HS

Copyright 2007 - STL Hoops InsiderAnthony James - #526'1 Point GuardSt. Louis, MONormandy HSC/O 2008
                          [email protected]

http://stlhoopsinsider.com/

Comment

This Anthony James Kid Is Outstanding He's The Real Deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

That James dunk and 1 is amazing. He's only 6' right?
                              Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

yea he's only 6' he is a beast. he doesnt care who is in the way he will dunk on them as you seen

Comment

Working...
                                X