WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hawaii in 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hawaii in 2014

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN View Post
    disagree, theres real value in playing the in-state schools that goes beyond even the smaller travel expenses.
    I agree with this.

Comment

disagree, theres real value in playing the in-state schools that goes beyond even the smaller travel expenses.
      There is value when you win , even occasionally, another 5 years of no victories between Iowa and ISU its time to move on. Then we are just establishing a pattern of them being superior....
      Illinois State Fan at a St. Louis White Castle 3:45AM Saturday March 6th:

"White Castle?" "more like Black Castle..."

You stay classy Redbirds.

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
        That's a good get, especially since they are covering travel on top of the guarantee. Also, could be a winnable game for us...

Could conceivably play 13 games, but I am guessing they will go with 12 and keep a bye week.
        "Hawaii exemption" still allows for either a 13th game OR an additional off week, right?
        "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

FCS teams can't take the additional off week. The playoff start date is locked in, so the weekend before Thanksgiving is the last weekend we can play no matter what.
          #MACtion

Comment

NDSU got $325k from Colorado State and I know Fresno pays a similar amount.

Iowa State is getting a steal, and frankly, its sickening that we play for that amount...
            this.......

Comment

With our athletic budget I think the value of cash at this point far outweighs the value of playing isu. We need money period.

Comment

Originally posted by lakesbison View Post
                fly to lahiana maui, go on road to hana 7 sacred pools its freakin awesome.

hawaiian air, $75 from island to island once you are down there.

say HI to "DAWG" for me.
                Yeah we have seen your wedding pictures.
                "Another six or seven years and 1988 will be made to feel slightly unwelcome, I'm sure."

Quote from Newsbreaker, mark the time 10:47pm, August 31, 2014.

Comment

No matter how annoying you may think a poster is, I think constantly bringing up their family members is uncalled for.

Comment

1988 is the biggest ahole I've ever met.

Sorry rest of panthernation
                    UNI has #2 Dome in MVFC, but Ice Lounge rocks! BisoNation.com

Comment

Originally posted by jegbomb52 View Post
                      There is value when you win , even occasionally, another 5 years of no victories between Iowa and ISU its time to move on. Then we are just establishing a pattern of them being superior....
                      I agree there is value, but when we need to schedule 2 FBS schools every few years for $ purposes we need market value from them (IA State)otherwise I'd rather see us travel West or play a MAC school.

Comment

Ok. Where are you guys that made fun of NDSU scheduling weak FBS teams? They can't get much weaker than the Rainbows or whatever they are called now.

Comment

We are also playing Iowa in that season. Nice try...
                          #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by westnodak93bison View Post
                            Ok. Where are you guys that made fun of NDSU scheduling weak FBS teams? They can't get much weaker than the Rainbows or whatever they are called now.
                            Did we mention it is in Hawaii.

Comment

We are also playing Iowa in that season. Nice try...
                              I think his point still stands...

Just playin

Comment

According to this newspaper article, Lamar (also FCS) got $125,000 plus expenses (including three nights) to travel to Hawaii:

Also, according to this article, Hawaii committed to $150,000 to MAC opponents in the Pacific Time Zone and $175,000 to MAC opponents in the Mountain Time Zone when traveling to Hawaii for games as part of joining the MAC as a football-only school:

My reading of the second story is that amount for the MAC schools includes money to cover their travel.

And, just for the fun of it, an infographic about FBS bowl payouts:

"Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Working...
                                X