WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THE University of Northern Iowa vs. Iowa Game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE University of Northern Iowa vs. Iowa Game thread

Ladies and gentlemen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A ferocious predator has been seen stalking the nation. Planning to carry a limp bird from its mouth...I caution you to watch....FOR THE CAT.....

Saturday Aug. 30th, Kinnick Stadium, Iowa City, Iowa 11am CST.

UNI (MVFC, 0-0) vs. Iowa (B1G, 0-0)

Should be a hell of a game!!!

Let's hear your predictions!!!!!

If we can stop Weisman...we win with some breathing room. If not...(shrugs).

UNI 27 Iowa 24.

Re: THE University of Northern Iowa vs. Iowa Game thread

Lol wow that was terrible

Comment

Sawyer will be starting per Coach Farley at the presser today.
      UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
      iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Jake Farley "penciled in at LB" per Jim Sullivan tweet.

Lets Go!!!!
        UNI FIGHT

Comment

Jared Farley also one of three true freshmen expected to see some playing time.
          "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

Farley, Fountain, and Appleman I assume??
            #MACtion

Comment

Ok crazy hawk what's your prediction? If UNI covers it will you slink back to hawkeyenation and leave us in peace?

Comment

Paup is actually starting? Wow, that came out of nowhere.
                UNI FIGHT

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
                  Paup is actually starting? Wow, that came out of nowhere.
                  Wow did you see Paup's other kid, as a Freshman here (Nathan Paup). Kid is 6-4 230 and was all Area in Football, in Green Bay. Hopefully he is a lot like his Dad!

Comment

I really really really hope I'm wrong, but I see UNI keeping it within a touchdown until the 4th quarter before Iowa wins by 14 or 17. It all comes down to the trenches and I think Iowa has the advantage. If we limit Weisman and DJ can get going we have a legit shot to win the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Unionpanther View Post
                      Ok crazy hawk what's your prediction? If UNI covers it will you slink back to hawkeyenation and leave us in peace?
                      Hawkeyenation? No. Hawkeyelounge? Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by unipanthers8907 View Post
                        I really really really hope I'm wrong, but I see UNI keeping it within a touchdown until the 4th quarter before Iowa wins by 14 or 17. It all comes down to the trenches and I think Iowa has the advantage. If we limit Weisman and DJ can get going we have a legit shot to win the game.
                        You THINK we have the advantage in the trenches? Boy, what would make you think that...

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Hawk View Post
                          You THINK we have the advantage in the trenches? Boy, what would make you think that...
                          Sorry I don't bow down to the almighty Iowa Hawkeyes. I do THINK they will have an advantage in the trenches; however, I'm keeping the possibility open that we hold our own in the trenches like we did in 2009.

Comment

The unfortunate things is that the Iowa players and Coaches are not as arrogant and ignorant as crazy hawk and think it will be a blow out and a cake walk I really wish they did though.

I think the Panthers best hope is turnovers and that Iowa will be sloppy the first game, that and if we can keep fresh players in ( DJ, Hill, Miller for example at RB ) i think they have a chance.

I say a repeat of 2009 except this time they don't miss the FG
                            Feel the Power of Purple !!!!!!

Comment

UNI has to get stop Weisman, that's the number one most important thing for the Panthers. The linebackers are going to have to grow up fast out there, and the defensive line will have to play great as well. If they can stop Weisman and get to Ruddock once or twice...oh boy.

Goal number two is to get #7 moving with the run game. The offensive line has to establish themselves, they have to push Iowa forward and make holes. It'd be nice to see Johnson get over 100 yards rushing on the game. Control the clock, BREAK the "bend but don't break" defense that Iowa puts out there...oh boy.

The third goal is points. UNI has to limit Iowa to field goals, not touchdowns. On the other end of the field if the Panthers are in field goal range, they've got to take the points. Schmadeke will have to be strong AND accurate from 35+. If he can do that, the defense can keep Weisman under control...oh boy.

UNI 18, Iowa 13

Comment

Working...
                              X