WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THE University of Northern Iowa vs. Iowa Game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE University of Northern Iowa vs. Iowa Game thread

Originally posted by Purrrrrfect View Post
    Is iowa gonna go with their no huddle offense again?
    Yes. Probably not a fast tempo though. Occasionally they will pick it up a bit, but you'll only see that in short spurts.

Comment

I like Iowa's offense and I don't know why they don't expand on it a little bit. There really are not a lot of teams built to pound the ball like Iowa can anymore and because of that there are not a lot of defensive build to stop it especially if run at a fast tempo.. Also they have great tight ends every year and I don't know why they don't use the 3 te sets more. I completely understand the philosophy of controlling clock but their offense overall really seems to underperform every year.

Comment

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN View Post
        I like Iowa's offense
        Of COURSE you do...
        UNI isn't exactly splitting atoms in terms of academics. -run&blade

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
          To really have a chance, DJ has to push 250 total yards, Sawyer has to go 200+ and complete a couple of deep balls, and we have to be at least +2.
          I think only one or two of those has to happen for us to have a chance. All four? We win 9 times out of 10.
          Originally posted by TH1974
          This guy was all-UNI, and wanted to show it by pretending to play a non-existant musical instrument in public.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
            I think only one or two of those has to happen for us to have a chance. All four? We win 9 times out of 10.
            Agree.

We're playing the Iowa Hawks tomorrow. Not the Seahawks.
            Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
              Florida I'll buy, since that's a legit program capable of recruiting legit talent. The others...ehhh. Other than when Michael Vick was there, when was VA Tech a national power? Ole Miss, even less so.

I like FCS upsets, but they're called upsets for a reason. That's my whole point. The other posters point was that we should just line up and win every man-for-man matchup. That's not going to happen. We will win some, or at least be close enough in others, but I don't see us winning all, DJ averaging 8 yards a carry, UNI sacking Ruddock 8 times, etc. That's unrealistic against a good Iowa team.

Here's your leading indicator in the first few series...if DJ can run very effectively between the tackles, then Iowa is in for a long day. If not, then UNI will have to find other ways to move the ball. That very well could happen, but let's see.
              Except Iowa is not a national power. My optimism stems from UNI having a solid team and Iowa not being as elite as many fans seem to think. When was the last time they were truly nationally relevant, Brad Banks?
              Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
              Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
              - George Halas

Comment

Originally posted by 95UNIGRAD View Post
                Except Iowa is not a national power. My optimism stems from UNI having a solid team and Iowa not being as elite as many fans seem to think. When was the last time they were truly nationally relevant, Brad Banks?
                True. My projection is based on following Iowa, them having widely held good to great expectations, and knowing who they have coming back. I've heard several media people predict a 10-2 or 11-1 season. I don't think that will happen, since they will lose at either Pitt or Maryland, and another game or two that the diehard fans think they should win by 40 points, and probably Wisconsin or Nebraska too. However, they should be pretty good, with an ability to grind it out against our unproven DEs and LBs. On a relatively cool day UNI should cover, but I wouldn't bet on a win. Remember, betting should be all head, not heart. If UNI wins, I will be pleasantly proven wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by panther1 View Post
                  Iowa is up to -18 for tomorrow according to ESPN.
                  Maybe this just goes to prove once and for all that there really are more delusional Hawk fans than Panther fans.

Comment

Iowa had a SLIM chance at the National championship game in 2009 until stanzi got hurt. I'm guessing that a BCS bowl win never felt so meh.

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
                      True. My projection is based on following Iowa, them having widely held good to great expectations, and knowing who they have coming back. I've heard several media people predict a 10-2 or 11-1 season. I don't think that will happen, since they will lose at either Pitt or Maryland, and another game or two that the diehard fans think they should win by 40 points, and probably Wisconsin or Nebraska too. However, they should be pretty good, with an ability to grind it out against our unproven DEs and LBs. On a relatively cool day UNI should cover, but I wouldn't bet on a win. Remember, betting should be all head, not heart. If UNI wins, I will be pleasantly proven wrong.
                      Honest question, are you REALLY hearing these predictions from Iowa fans? I have yet to hear one like this. Sure, they will be Vegas favorites in most games, but everyone I know is saying 8-4, 9-3.

Comment

What time will Gary start the pregame radio show?
                        EVER LOYAL.

Comment

I'm sorry, but if that's a hold on Bingamen why wasn't it a hold on Iowa's TD run. Farley was turned around 180 degrees with a hand underneath his should pads. It's going to be a long day if there is going to be a refusal to call it both ways

Comment

My gosh I can't take the the officiating and the BIG 10 network as co-conspirators. Farely was tackeld on Iowa's first TD run, no call, the holding call on UNI's TD was legit but the Iowa kid was not making that play, its like rewarding slop basketball, plus the PI on the first Iowa drive when the ball sailed 10 yards out of bounds, plus the call of an incomplete pass on the reception/fumble that was brought back for a TD. I know UNI scored on their next possession but that looked really close and I though officials were suppose to error on the side of making plays reviewable and amazingly the Big 10 network does not show any kind of angle on the replay to see if it was in in fact an incomplete pass. The holding call on Iowa's last TD drive was incredibly questionable. Just hate to see ouR players playing their butt off and not getting exactly a fair shake. Does Iowa have a plenty and if so was in a judgement call.

Comment

Originally posted by wretched View Post
                              My gosh I can't take the the officiating and the BIG 10 network as co-conspirators. Farely was tackeld on Iowa's first TD run, no call, the holding call on UNI's TD was legit but the Iowa kid was not making that play, its like rewarding slop basketball, plus the PI on the first Iowa drive when the ball sailed 10 yards out of bounds, plus the call of an incomplete pass on the reception/fumble that was brought back for a TD. I know UNI scored on their next possession but that looked really close and I though officials were suppose to error on the side of making plays reviewable and amazingly the Big 10 network does not show any kind of angle on the replay to see if it was in in fact an incomplete pass. The holding call on Iowa's last TD drive was incredibly questionable. Just hate to see ouR players playing their butt off and not getting exactly a fair shake. Does Iowa have a plenty and if so was in a judgement call.
                              Go back to Johnson county. Only Squawk fans whine about officiating.
                              UNI isn't exactly splitting atoms in terms of academics. -run&blade

Comment

Ten penalties to none is just outrageous. I'm surprised Chuck Long gets a word in edgewise while he's fellating Iowa's QB.
                                "And immediately, (P'Allen Stinnett's) Facebook status was spouting vulgarities towards the university."

Comment

Working...
                                X