WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Panther Football Commit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014 Panther Football Commit List

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN View Post
    is gafford a qualifier or will he have to get his AA?
    I would imagine he was a qualifier but I can't say for sure. I think he decision is playing time based not academic based. Tyus Mason from Valley will be joining him and is in the same boat. Just want playing time and experience sooner rather than later.

Comment

Originally posted by lakesbison View Post
      Kocour is a Gopher PWO lean
      Marcus Collins is SOLID NDSU
      Erza is probably going to take a full ride at d2 und over uni/ndsu partials, money over winning i guess, plus his high school teammate are there.
      Synder just got NDSU offer today.
      Deboer is a mystery, he'll probably end up d2

There's been about 4-5 kids flipping lately, especially to wyoming, and we all remember Pierre Gee Tucker leaving UNI for NDSU on signing day 2013.....so the race is almost over.

WELL I CALLED THAT this Dufus took the money. " erza is probably going to take a full ride at d2 und over uni/ndsu partials, money over winning i guess, plus his high school teammate are there"

Snyder took the IOWA PWO after Kirk fermentz promised him money after year 2
      UNI has #2 Dome in MVFC, but Ice Lounge rocks! BisoNation.com

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
        I would imagine he was a qualifier but I can't say for sure. I think he decision is playing time based not academic based. Tyus Mason from Valley will be joining him and is in the same boat. Just want playing time and experience sooner rather than later.
        Do you guys know if we had any interest in Swisher from Dowling? He had twice as many sacks as any other 4A player. It is Iowa, meaning all that could get him is a DII offer. But, based on production at a large school, I'm curious.

Comment

iowa has had starters that arent even on scholarship. he wasnt promised anything.

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
            Do you guys know if we had any interest in Swisher from Dowling? He had twice as many sacks as any other 4A player. It is Iowa, meaning all that could get him is a DII offer. But, based on production at a large school, I'm curious.
            There isn't much info out there on him. I think his size hurt him a lot. 6'2 225 lbs doesn't sound like a DL prospect, regardless of his stats. He'll be going to Iowa Western though. If he can successfully transition to LB or make some big gains in size he should have the chance to play D-I

Comment

Per UND's twitter:

The word is DE Ezra Szczyrbak of Moose Lake, MN has narrowed his list down to #UND and Northern Iowa. #recruiting
              From what I've heard Paup has been hitting him hard. Not sure if it's true that we only offered a partial and UND is offering a full ride, but I'd imagine a former NFL Defensive MVP carries some weight when hitting the recruiting trail for DL prospects.

Comment

And there's these:

@RisingStars6: Congratulations to Bryce Anderson of Groves Hs just Committed to University of Northern Iowa.
                That's the Michigan kid btw. Welcome to the nation Bryce!

@TheBadgerNation: Madison Memorial WR Daurice Fountain took an official to Northern Iowa this week. Will announce on signing day.

Comment

Per UND's twitter:

From what I've heard Paup has been hitting him hard. Not sure if it's true that we only offered a partial and UND is offering a full ride, but I'd imagine a former NFL Defensive MVP carries some weight when hitting the recruiting trail for DL prospects.
                  If I were a H.S. kid and Bryce Paup walked in my living room, I would be scared not to come to UNI

Comment

Per Daurice Fountain:

@Reece_JMM: Had some great coaches just leave my house #CollegefootballLife 🏈❤️
                    Pretty sure it was South Dakota based on this tweet

@Coach_Middleton: In Madison WI home of a Spartan Great TriAthlete He looks good in COYOTE RED Hopefully hes ready to #RiseUp #AllstateWR #AlToonAwardFinalist
                    He said he'll be making his commitment Saturday

Comment

Looks like Solomon Hunter has received offers from La Tech and Texas St. and Scott Boyett is visiting Akron this weekend.

Adewale Adeoye will also make his decision this weekend. I haven't seen us in much of that discussion though. Actually I haven't seen almost any discussion regarding him except that he had lots of offers early and apparently a bunch have dried up as other players made their commitments. No idea if we still have an offer out to him or not but we're still listed as interested along with some other FBS schools from mixed levels

Comment

Robert Olson has committed to Oregon State

Brandon Snyder will walk-on at Iowa (that kinda hurts for both us and Bison fans)

Pretty much everything I see on Hammann says he is indeed walking on at Notre Dame so I may as well put in the post.

Sorry for the posts, on posts, on posts folks. Its just a lot easier than taking several additional hours to tie up all the loose ends this weekend/next week

Comment

Sorry for the posts, on posts, on posts folks. Its just a lot easier than taking several additional hours to tie up all the loose ends this weekend/next week
                          No worries State, we appreciate the hard work you are putting forth to give us Panther faithful recruiting info. Thanks!

Comment

Here's another one that comes out of nowhere:
                            @MindofMihir: #Hickman RB Justise Keith (@Just_Us25) said he will sign with Northern Iowa. "I took my official visit last weekend and I loved it."
                            @Just_Us25: 4 more years of purple and gold sounds good to me
                            I'll add the info to the OP but Justise is a 5'11 195 lb RB from Columbia, MO. Welcome to UNI Justise!

Comment

Alec Kocour is joining the RedBirds of Illinois State. Did not see that coming. Would've much rather he taken a B1G PWO. I can understand going to a better program with the chance to play.

Comment

Yea kocour to Ill st is weird. I'd really like to hear thier sales pitch. Guarantee playing time? Guarantee poontang? Lol

I'm not impressed with last couple NDSU recruits a valpariso and st Francis offer .....but the 4 before that had big ten/big east offers from Rutgers/Pitt so it's confusing oh well!
                                UNI has #2 Dome in MVFC, but Ice Lounge rocks! BisoNation.com

Comment

Working...
                                X