WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

News: Cyclones AD angry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: News: Cyclones AD angry

I respect UNI more than the CyClowns.
    UNI has #2 Dome in MVFC, but Ice Lounge rocks! BisoNation.com

Comment

Originally posted by Panther-Sheik View Post
      Then it's misleading by Pollard, CPR or anyone else to say that simply voting against an 8th official has caused backlash. Sounds like they were calling into question the integrity of the league and the officiating by casting that vote. And if that is truly the case I can see why there might be some hard feelings over that.
      Yes. He was very misleading, if I understand things correctly. But perhaps Pollard did say something to that effect and I don't know about it.

I'm not really big into officials deciding to punish a player or team, though. It's extremely hard to watch that "touchdown" and explain how the call was overturned. It's things like that that cause these kind of accusations.

Comment

all the ball had to do was touch the white line...period. thats why it was a Touchdown. why the *****fest?
        UNI has #2 Dome in MVFC, but Ice Lounge rocks! BisoNation.com

Comment

Originally posted by lakesbison View Post
          all the ball had to do was touch the white line...period. thats why it was a Touchdown. why the *****fest?
          Thank you for the clarification of the touchdown rule. I'm sure Iowa State and I did not know that.

Also....because the camera was not at the goal line. It would be different if you could actually tell if the ball was "touching" the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Luther_Heggs View Post
            Yes. He was very misleading, if I understand things correctly. But perhaps Pollard did say something to that effect and I don't know about it.

I'm not really big into officials deciding to punish a player or team, though. It's extremely hard to watch that "touchdown" and explain how the call was overturned. It's things like that that cause these kind of accusations.
            Never should have been overturned. Had the original call been TD I would say the same thing. No proof either way to overturn the call on the field. It does smell funny when most refs are so conservative in their replay rulings.

Comment

Originally posted by lakesbison View Post

Because it wasn't a TD. Still haven't seen anything close to indisputable evidence.

Pollard speaking up against the Big 12 refs seems like something you would want your AD to do if he felt he was getting disadvantaged by them.

Comment

Working...
              X