WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NDSU to play at Target Field?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDSU to play at Target Field?

This has been rumored for years on the UNI side, but it looks like it may finally happen. With Minnesota Twins CFO Kip Elliott a UNI alum, with the number of NDSU and UNI alum in the Twin Cities, I'm sure the opponent is UNI. Be great exposure for FCS and the MVFC, with about 30k Bison fans!

FARGO-The next big thing for North Dakota State's football team might be a game at Target Field.Athletic director Matt Larsen said Friday he is working with the Minnesota Twins on scheduling a Bison football game at the baseball stadium in downto...

If they want to forfeit a game in Fargo, great. If not, no thanks.
    UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
    iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Re: NDSU to play at Target Field?

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
      This.

No way we give up a home game and they aren't giving up a home game against us I wouldn't imagine.
      #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
        Totally agree. Would love to attend this, but they'd have way more home field advantage there than us anyway, so it would have to be them giving up the home game.
        Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
        Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
        - George Halas

Comment

I've never seen the appeal of football games in baseball stadiums when there's a perfectly good football stadium in town. I suppose US Bank stadium costs more to rent than Target field, but if they are hell bent on playing a game in Minneapolis TCF would be better than Target Field.

Comment

Well, they made a football field fit into Wrigley field, so I'm sure it can be at Target Field.

The article also mentioned the game would most likely have to come from NDSU's home schedule, but that even plays to their favor as the Twin Cities has a large NDSU alumni base. Still would be fun to go up there and watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by havok58 View Post
              Well, they made a football field fit into Wrigley field, so I'm sure it can be at Target Field.

The article also mentioned the game would most likely have to come from NDSU's home schedule, but that even plays to their favor as the Twin Cities has a large NDSU alumni base. Still would be fun to go up there and watch it.
              Tons of NDSU folks in the Twin Cities.

I see shirts, hats, car plate frames, etc. almost daily. Aside from meet-ups to watch UNI football and basketball games I can count the number of people sporting UNI stuff over the past 15 years up here on one hand - about the same I experienced living in Los Angeles area for three years before that.

I bet they would pull 30+k into a stadium in the Twin Cities from the Cities, out-state and ND on the announcement alone. Definite home game for NDSU.
              Last edited by ronfitch; 09-27-2016, 08:42 AM.
              "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                This.

No way we give up a home game and they aren't giving up a home game against us I wouldn't imagine.
                That would be ideal but I could see a two year deal where NDSU gives up a home game 1 year and we give up ours the next
                "And immediately, (P'Allen Stinnett's) Facebook status was spouting vulgarities towards the university."

Comment

Originally posted by CincyPanther88 View Post
                  That would be ideal but I could see a two year deal where NDSU gives up a home game 1 year and we give up ours the next
                  Why would we agree to that?
                  "I think they're very good," Farley said of the preseason top 25 Hawkeyes. "But so are we."

Comment

Nah, our capitulating AD lives in New Orleans now.

I'm all for it if they want to give up a home game. No thanks if we have to.
                    #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by ubuntuCAT View Post
                      Why would we agree to that?
                      Not saying we would but NDSU has to give up a home game too. What's their incentive to give up a home game?
                      "And immediately, (P'Allen Stinnett's) Facebook status was spouting vulgarities towards the university."

Comment

Not saying we would but NDSU has to give up a home game too. What's their incentive to give up a home game?
                        Money. Exposure.
                        Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

Originally posted by TravelingPanther View Post
                          Money. Exposure.
                          an excuse to get out of Fargo/North Dakota for a few hours.

Comment

Think about how many fans they would bring to a game like this, then think realistically about how many we would bring. It is a home game for them.
                            Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                            Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                            - George Halas

Comment

I like the idea of playing them there . . . but not at the expense of a home game.

What is the likely payday for playing a game there? NDSU would probably do it as part of their branding. We should only consider it if it is just an insanely good payday.

Comment

Working...
                              X