WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Johnson - stay on topic, please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: David Johnson - stay on topic, please

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
    The only reason his touches have been limited have been the inexplicable resurgence of CJ2K and Arians does not want to overload him as a rookie. With Ellington back and healthy he's primarily a passing down bac...TOUCHDOWN DJ!!!

Nice to see him burn Vontaze Burfict, that guy is a total douche.
    CJ2K's resurgence is crazy. He's been shot, lost feeling in his arm, been completely unreliable the last half decade and now he's a top 3 back in the league. No one, not even the Cards, saw that when they signed him. They expected him to have DJ's role, DJ to have Ellington's role, and Ellington to have CJ's role. He had his 2000 yard season he second year in the league, and since then has been on a downward trend with as many seasons averaging less than 4.0 yards per carry as more than 4.5 or more since then.

Comment

Cards on verge of letting this one get away.

Comment

Wow. Nice drive for the win, horrible penalty on the D.

Comment

Chris was more complementary of DJ than any of the posters in this thread. Very cool coming from an emmy winning broadcaster and the voice behind pretty much every prime time NFL game.
          Originally posted by TH1974
          This guy was all-UNI, and wanted to show it by pretending to play a non-existant musical instrument in public.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnstormer View Post
            Wow. Nice drive for the win, horrible penalty on the D.
            That was a very Bengals way to lose that game.
            "And immediately, (P'Allen Stinnett's) Facebook status was spouting vulgarities towards the university."

Comment

Originally posted by CincyPanther88 View Post
              Agreed. Hate to have a controversial penalty mess up what was a pretty damn good game.

Comment

Originally posted by CincyPanther88 View Post
                They kill me. Every year. They kill me. *SIGH*
                EVER LOYAL.

Comment

There was a decent chance that the Cards kicker would have made the 45-ish yard FG to win it anyway. But the penalty made it that much easier.

Comment

YAWWWWNNNNNN....David just scored another touchdown.

Comment

Originally posted by ProwlingPanther View Post
                      YAWWWWNNNNNN....David just scored another touchdown.
                      Standard procedure. Just another day at the office for David

Comment

8th TD of the year!
                        Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                        Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                        - George Halas

Comment

Here is a website to vote for the Pro Bowl. I think David has a real shot at making it as a returner. Lets send DJ to Hawaii!

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.
                          Last edited by ProwlingPanther; 11-29-2015, 04:26 PM.

Comment

I think I just heard on the radio that Ellington and Chris Johnson are both injured now.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnstormer View Post
                              I think I just heard on the radio that Ellington and Chris Johnson are both injured now.
                              Correct. Ellington(foot). Chris Johnson(Knee) Unfortunate for the Cardinals. Hopefully, David can take advantage of the opportunity to carry more of the load.

Comment

8 carries for 21 yds (2.6 yds/carry) and a touchdown, long of 10 yards
                                2 receptions for 8 yds (targetted a few other times, but incomplete. I wasn't able to watch the game, so I don't know the circumstances).
                                2 KO returns for 23 and 24 yds
                                1 solo tackle on kickoff coverage

Nothing spectacular in and of itself (though none of the other rb's were having much success either today). At the very least, he's able to make a positive impact in his rookie season thus far.

Comment

Working...
                                X