WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MAC Allocations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAC Allocations

The allocations are out, MAC got 37 total. Here they are by weight:

125 - 5
    133 - 6
    141 - 2
    149 - 5
    157 - 2
    165 - 3
    174 - 3
    184 - 3
    197 - 5
    285 - 3

Re: MAC Allocations

Whoa, did not mean for that pic to be so big, sorry. I haven't been paying *as* close attention to the allocations as I have in the past, but I'm a little surprised 74 doesn't have four spots, but maybe I'm overthinking Wisman's out of conference achievements.

Other than that, it'll be tough for UNI to get guys qualified at 41 and 57. Depending on how Lavalle's ankle is (I don't have any idea) that could lead to a shakeup at 57. 97 and heavyweight are probably the two biggest question marks right now. Can Holschlag make a run and keep upsetting folks? Even if he can't, I think he can get 5th, but it still could be a big uphill climb. And how is Everard? If he's healthy, obviously, I think he makes it. But he's not, so we'll have to see if he even goes next weekend.

Anybody here going to the MAC's? It should be some great wrestling and hopefully there will be a great turnout.

Comment

I'll be coming to town for the MAC. I wish it was one day as I would like to see the action start before noon. I'm guessing it will be at least another decade before the tournament comes back and who knows what will happen with the alignment of teams at the D1 level. BTW, the MAC got 41 last year and 37 this year. The Panthers should go at 125, 133, 149, 165, 174,184 but those last 3 have only 3 slots and cannot make a mistake. I would add HWT but not sure how JJ's knee is. I like that 197 got 5, that could be a weight to add one more. Over/Under is 7.5 qualifiers. The initial report had the big twelve at 39 allocations, losing ISU's Downing must have reduced it by one. The RPI is interesting. Anyone know how it gets used? Foster is #3 RPI, Thomsen, Alber and Steiert are all in the #5-6 RPI range.
      Last edited by Unionpanther; 02-25-2017, 06:28 AM.

Comment

We'll be there as well. I also look for UNI to qualify at 125, 133, 149, 165, 174, and 184. Here's to Dylan having one last run in him. What a warrior that guy is. I really like how Holschlag has been wrestling and think he lands in the top 4. Hoping that JJ can give it one last go - love watching him compete.

Comment

How many at large selections are there at each weight ? Aren't there spots beyond the allocations ?

Comment

There are somewhere between 4 and 7 at large spots at each weight I believe. It varied from weight to weight but I think every weight had somewhere in the 26-29 range in auto bids but they take 33 at a weight. (Still think that is stupid)

Comment

Working...
            X