WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

30 for 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 for 30

ESPN's '30 for 30' series of documentaries was recently posted on Netflix. For those, like myself, who have seen all of them, what are people's favorites? Just interested in hearing what other people liked... Also would like a new topic to try to forget about NDSU game.

Re: 30 for 30

4 days in October, Jordan rides the bus, catching hell are my favorites. And yeah, its pretty sweet that they're on netflix
    Top ten UNI football plays from 2001-2011

Comment

Unguarded (my hands down favorite)

The Fab Five
      Winning Time: Reggie Miller vs. The New York Knicks
      Renée

Comment

Winning Time, Unguarded, The Two Escobar's, The Fab Five, The U!!!!! and Pony Excess. Catching Hell is also very well done.

Comment

Reggie Miller v. Knicks
          Pony Express
          The U

Comment

Winning Time Reggie vs Knicks
            catching hell
            Jordan rides the bus
            I can't think of the name but its the one about sports agents. I liked that one also

Comment

The Two Escobars, Pony Excess

Comment

Vastly underrated is the one about Larry Holmes and Ali. I liked Larry before and liked him a whole lot more afterward.
                FM

Comment

Hands down for me is, The Best That Never Was-The Marcus Dupree Story.

I'm kind of embarrassed to say that I've probably sen it 15 times already, and still watch it from beginning to end each time it comes on!

Comment

Yes! The Marcus Dupree episode is like the Godfather I/II. Once it is on, I have to watch it all the way through.
                    FM

Comment

Interesting that a lot of people like the ones outside of the true 30 for 30 canon, such as Renee, Catching Hell, the Fab Five, Unguarded, the Dotted Line, etc: those all came after the original 30 had all aired, but people must like those ones almost better than the originals.
                      A few that people forget about are:
                      Small Potatoes: Who Killed the USFL. Full of stuff I'm too young to remember, and really funny at a lot of points. Great interviews and information.
                      Into the Wind. Directed by Steve Nash; about a guy with a prosthetic leg trying to run across Canada; very emotional.
                      Once Brothers. Heartbreaking story of friends on the basketball court.

Hands down, the worst one was Unmatched, about Navratilova and Evert. Really lame and boring from start to finish. It was a chick-flick of a sports documentary. ESPN really forgot their audience on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by unicheer View Post
                        Small Potatoes: Who Killed the USFL. Full of stuff I'm too young to remember, and really funny at a lot of points. Great interviews and information. Once Brothers. Heartbreaking story of friends on the basketball court.
                        Once Brothers is amazing and was just on the other day!! Not sure how I forgot about that one. Small Potatoes is awesome because it makes Trump look like a total ******bag. Another great one.

Anyone else excited for Broke? Looks intriguing, although it will probably sicken me as a poor college kid

Comment

Was Renee a 30 for 30 program, though? I thought it was just a documentary but not under the umbrella of 30 for 30.

I can remember watching her play during her "heyday, and that was REALLY interesting at that time.

Comment

i am looking forward to tonights.

Comment

What is tonight's about?

Comment

Working...
                              X