WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2018 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official 2018 Panther Basketball Recruit List

So they both come to CF to play ball?!?!? Jk but I really hope we can still get AJ

Comment

Would we even have 2 scholly's available? I haven't looked into it hard enough.

Comment

Originally posted by unipanther2154 View Post
        So they both come to CF to play ball?!?!? Jk but I really hope we can still get AJ
        I don't like hearing he's getting a lot of interest from high majors. I just don't like our chances, maybe it's just cause it seems too good to be true. If he doesn't come here, how do you sell a kid to come here when an Assistants kid doesn't?
        To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Yup if AJ doesn't show up on campus we may as well shut the program down. We will never get another player again. Doomed forever...

Comment

Originally posted by claw View Post
            Yup if AJ doesn't show up on campus we may as well shut the program down. We will never get another player again. Doomed forever...
            Yea, cause that's what I said. Seriously though, if AJ doesn't come here and a recruit asks why coaches kid thought the grass was greener elsewhere, what do you say? We lost arguably the best potential receipt in UNI history to play for his dad and our coaches kids don't pay here? Tough question to answer if it happens, unless he goes blue blood, imo.
            To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

There are 5 scholarships available for 2018.
              Lohaus, Hunter R., Carlson, Koch, Friedman.
              It's suspected that maybe McDermott gets one of those scholarships.

As is, the roster looks like this in Fall 2018:
              PG: McCloud (Jr.)
              SG: Haldeman (Jr.), McDermott (Jr.)
              SF: Brown (Jr.---pending no RS), Conrey (Jr.)
              PF: McDonnell (Jr.), T.Lohaus (RSo or Jr)
              C: Dahl (Jr.), Phyfe (RFr./So.)

Lots of juniors there.
              The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

It will take a special offer for him not to be here. I do unfortunately think that offer will come in the next 6 months. It's a complete over reaction to pretend like him not coming here hurts recruiting. If he takes a crap offer over us, then maybe.

Comment

In the regulated world of college athletics, it seems like one of the only ways to monetarily influence a recruit is to give his father or an influential coach an assistant job. So . . . Is Kyle pretty settled?

Comment

He is settled for sure

Comment

Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
                      I don't like hearing he's getting a lot of interest from high majors. I just don't like our chances, maybe it's just cause it seems too good to be true. If he doesn't come here, how do you sell a kid to come here when an Assistants kid doesn't?

I don't agree with that sentiment at all. If he doesn't choose UNI, its going to be some great program that gets him. Its not like he is going to go to North Dakota or something. If he wants to get out of the town he grew up in to go play at Wisconsin or North Carolina or whatever, I completely understand.

That said, I REALLY hope he opts to stay home.
                      UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                      iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Originally posted by Panthers to the Bone View Post
                        There are 5 scholarships available for 2018.
                        Lohaus, Hunter R., Carlson, Koch, Friedman.
                        It's suspected that maybe McDermott gets one of those scholarships.

As is, the roster looks like this in Fall 2018:
                        PG: McCloud (Jr.)
                        SG: Haldeman (Jr.), McDermott (Jr.)
                        SF: Brown (Jr.---pending no RS), Conrey (Jr.)
                        PF: McDonnell (Jr.), T.Lohaus (RSo or Jr)
                        C: Dahl (Jr.), Phyfe (RFr./So.)

Lots of juniors there.
                        And NO seniors! The previous year (17-18 ) looks to be a senior/sophomore campaign. But then one never knows - transfers/JCs in & transfers out.

Comment

RECRUITING NOTES
                          Gabe Kalscheur has offers from Minnesota, North Dakota, and Northern Iowa. He listed Wisconsin, Indiana, Arkansas, Marquette, and Toledo as schools showing interest.

Joey Hauser has offers from Michigan State, Wisconsin, Iowa State, Marquette, Virginia, Nebraska, Northwestern, and Iowa. The schools currently expressing interest include Gonzaga, Ohio State, and Stanford among others.

Keshawn Justice has offers from Northern Iowa, Green Bay, Drake, and Milwaukee. Wisconsin, Marquette, Virginia, Nebraska, and others have been interested.
                          The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Updated the list on the front page for everyone.

Comment

Guys, hate to say it, but I'm now in the AJ Green is going High Major camp. If he was coming here, there wouldn't be an active recruitment going on and he'd have committed.

Can't blame the kid, but man its going to sting...
                              #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by unipanther2154 View Post
                                He is settled for sure
                                If by "settled", you mean settled until a high major comes along shortly and offers to double or triple his salary and his son happens to commit shortly thereafter- we agree.

Comment

Working...
                                X