WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Johnson Draft Status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: David Johnson Draft Status

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
    585 squat. 3 reps.

Ridiculous
    I might be able to do 585/3 once. Sorry....9yr that means 585 divided by 3 which equals 195.
    Last edited by 1988; 07-21-2014, 09:34 PM.
    "Another six or seven years and 1988 will be made to feel slightly unwelcome, I'm sure."

Quote from Newsbreaker, mark the time 10:47pm, August 31, 2014.

Comment

Kiper just dropped his Top 10 prospects by position for the 2015 NFL Draft and a couple Panthers made the list.

Mel Kiper ranks the top 10 players at every position ahead of the 2015 NFL draft. Marcus Mariota, Todd Gurley and Amari Cooper are among the top players at their respective positions.

Running backs

1. *Todd Gurley, Georgia
      2. *Melvin Gordon III, Wisconsin
      3. Ameer Abdullah, Nebraska
      4. *T.J. Yeldon, Alabama
      5. *Duke Johnson, Miami (Fla.)
      6. *Javorius "Buck" Allen, USC
      7. *Mike Davis, South Carolina
      8. Karlos Williams, Florida St.
      9. *Jay Ajayi, Boise St.
      10. David Johnson, No. Iowa

No, I don't think Gurley being held out is going to do much damage to his stock. If anything, it keeps the odometer a little lower. Gordon has been outstanding and is averaging a hair under 8 yards per carry. I just hope he can stay healthy, as I thought he was well-positioned for the 2014 draft. Abdullah has become a known commodity and has a high floor because of his all-around ability. Allen is a new name here, and David Johnson is really impressive as a pass-catcher, not just as a runner.

Defensive tackles

1. Danny Shelton, Washington
      2. *Eddie Goldman, Florida St.
      3. **Jordan Phillips, Oklahoma
      4. Michael Bennett, Ohio St.
      5. Carl Davis, Iowa
      6. Gabe Wright, Auburn
      7. Xavier Williams, No. Iowa
      8. Tyeler Davison, Fresno St.
      9. Chucky Hunter, TCU
      10. Leon Orr, Florida

Shelton has been really disruptive this season, though he's more of a clogger than a guy who will get you TFL consistently. Goldman's play is starting to match his promise -- we've known about him since he was a junior in high school. Bennett hasn't been bad at all, but has been overshadowed somewhat on that deep Ohio State defensive line. Phillips is the biggest riser -- he has been around a while, but is still a redshirt sophomore, thanks to a medical redshirt in a season where he actually saw action in four games (2012).

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
        460 lb power clean.
        Not sure if srs. There's no way.

Comment

Sorry, I mean't full clean/regular clean. Not power clean.
          Originally posted by TH1974
          This guy was all-UNI, and wanted to show it by pretending to play a non-existant musical instrument in public.

Comment

A power clean is a full regular clean, the other is a hanging clean

Comment

And you personally saw this? Or do you really think he cleaned 30 pounds higher than Kendrick Farris clean and jerked at the National championships this year?

Comment

Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
                A power clean is a full regular clean, the other is a hanging clean
                That's false. A clean or (full clean) is caught or passes through a full squat.

Comment

Not a clean and jerk. Just a full clean.

It's on the record board and I think someone tweeted out a video of it too.
                  This guy was all-UNI, and wanted to show it by pretending to play a non-existant musical instrument in public.

Comment

I'm pretty sure Jason Fiacco has the UNI record for the clean and jerk. Something like 420lbs, which is also crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIstudent View Post
                      And you personally saw this? Or do you really think he cleaned 30 pounds higher than Kendrick Farris clean and jerked at the National championships this year?
                      Then luckily for Kendrick Farris DJ will be focusing on football and Sundays. He can have his trophy

Comment

DJ will need to work on his pass blocking skills if he wants to play on Sundays. Great kid, great athlete, so-so blocker.

Comment

Well, call me skeptical. I don't believe everything I read on a message board. I find it hard to believe that UNI's running back is also a world class weightlifter. When I see the video I'll believe it.

Comment

Well, call me skeptical. I don't believe everything I read on a message board. I find it hard to believe that UNI's running back is also a world class weightlifter. When I see the video I'll believe it.
                            Agreed. If you're still a student, welcome to the world of Kool Aid drinkers. Never lose your capacity for critical thinking, especially in the corporate world if that's where you go.

Comment

he is a world class weightlifter.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

not sure if you can pull it up on this link but i'll try. like his facebook page. Video as well of him maxing out 225 26x, that head turning combine type numbers...
                              Illinois State Fan at a St. Louis White Castle 3:45AM Saturday March 6th:

"White Castle?" "more like Black Castle..."

You stay classy Redbirds.

Comment

Can't see the video. But i'm guessing that's bench press? I'm not talking about bench press or lifting weights. I'm talking about weightlifting, olympic weightlifting.

Comment

Working...
                                X