WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KCRG 9.2 to air All Six Home Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: KCRG 9.2 to air All Six Home Games

Originally posted by UNIdadtobe View Post
    I think TV makes almost all the decisions about starting times.
    Of course they do. Anyone with half a brain knows that.
    UNI isn't exactly splitting atoms in terms of academics. -run&blade

Comment

No idea if this is legal. Anyone think it would be a hit to broadcast the UNI/Iowa game on the new HD video board in the dome? I think you could make a pretty neat atmosphere.
      "I think they're very good," Farley said of the preseason top 25 Hawkeyes. "But so are we."

Comment

Your assuming that they'll be installed by then

Comment

Originally posted by TH1974 View Post

Schools can turn down night game start times, according to this article, so maybe TV doesn't have ALL the say. It's not that far a leap to think that the schools that WANT more night games, in addition to their schedule, will get them.

Comment

The growth with never stop, it will just be allocated across different platforms. The only thing that really threatens it is a cultural shift away from football. (which could happen)

Comment

Originally posted by TH1974 View Post

I thought everyone knew that TV makes most of the choices, but then lots of people were posting as if they didn't know, so I offered my understanding. Apparently I have the correct half of a brain.

Did my comment really call for a snarky response?

Comment

TH74 thinks he can say & do whatever he wants around here. His specialty is being snarky to UNI fans & sticking up for the squaks. Until someone tosses his ass off the board, he'll continue w/ all thing snarky as there are no repercussions.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdadtobe View Post
                  I thought everyone knew that TV makes most of the choices, but then lots of people were posting as if they didn't know, so I offered my understanding. Apparently I have the correct half of a brain.

Did my comment really call for a snarky response?
                  I'm pretty sure the snarkyness was directed at me, since apparently I don't have half a brain and think that schools still lobby and accept/decline night games all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudrafan View Post
                    TH74 thinks he can say & do whatever he wants around here. His specialty is being snarky to UNI fans & sticking up for the squaks. Until someone tosses his ass off the board, he'll continue w/ all thing snarky as there are no repercussions.
                    I thought you were going to leave years ago.
                    UNI isn't exactly splitting atoms in terms of academics. -run&blade

Comment

KBGG (1700 AM) in Des Moines has joined the Panther Radio Network for football and MBB.

and also, KGCW-TV (the CW affiliate in Davenport) will be airing the 6 home football games as well.

That makes the TV list:
                      • CFU 15 and HD415 (Cedar Falls)
                      • KCRG 9.2 (Cedar Rapids market, including W'loo/CF, Iowa City, Dubuque)
                      • WOI Channel 5 D-2 (Des Moines market)
                      • KCAU Channel 9 D-2 (Sioux City market)
                      • KGCW-TV Channel 26 (Davenport market)

Comment

I wish every conference team had their home games aired that way there would be opportunity for iowa stations to pick up road games.
                        "I think they're very good," Farley said of the preseason top 25 Hawkeyes. "But so are we."

Comment

Originally posted by ubuntuCAT View Post
                          I wish every conference team had their home games aired that way there would be opportunity for iowa stations to pick up road games.
                          @South Dakota and @SIU are on the conference "television" package, so that only leaves @Indiana State and @WIU

Comment

Originally posted by JayJ79 View Post
                            @South Dakota and @SIU are on the conference "television" package, so that only leaves @Indiana State and @WIU
                            The McComb area in western Illinois is pretty deslolate. Not sure of the TV market (Quad Cities, Peoria???), but I can't imagine WIU having much of a following once you get outside Macomb, which is pretty damn small to begin with. In other words, there's no way you stage a live broadcast of a football game and make any money. Other MVC schools have better demographics, proximity to other metros, etc. In Macomb, your target demo markets are probably cattle, cornstalks, and wannabe gangbangers living in Decatur.

Comment

yeah, I rather doubt there is much hope for TV coverage of the WIU game, and the likelihood of TV for Indiana State isn't much better.

Comment

Indiana State has online streaming for all of their basketball games, probably a chance of that for football, probably a $8 fee though. Could be the same way for WIU.

Comment

Working...
                                X