WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Panther Football Commit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014 Panther Football Commit List

Solomon Hunter to La Tech according to his Twitter (headed for an official visit...not a commitment)

Kendall Morris is visiting Austin Peay today.
    Last edited by panther-state; 02-01-2014, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Hopefully we were able to seal the deal:

@Evan_Flood: Northern Iowa came to see three-star athlete Daurice Fountain on Friday. http://bit.ly/17K3CgF #wisfb #UNI
      He took an official visit on Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
        Hopefully we were able to seal the deal:

He took an official visit on Tuesday
        He would be a great get for this class and fit in with our other athletes at Wideout. Reviewing his film, he has great hops and seems to be a big deep threat. Reminds me of the old bombsquad days of Kenny Shedd, Tim Mosley and D. Ward.

Comment

Found another guy who laid low, thanks to Moose. Billy Williams out of Knoxville, TN. A little small for TE but I watched some of his highlights and he's got good hands and was outrunning most of his defenders. He's 6'3 230 lbs and runs a respectable 4.7 second 40. He's just a tad bigger than Rohr so I imagine he'll stay at TE
          Last edited by panther-state; 02-01-2014, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Scott Boyett to Akron. Kendall Morris to Austin Peay

Comment

Tim Gordon has switched his commitment to Eastern Michigan. I can only assume that he was promised quicker playing time or more financial aid. I hate to criticize a kids decision but that is one awful program, regardless of being a MAC/FBS school. 0 seasons above .500 in the past 10 years with a fair number of 0, 1 or 2 win seasons thrown in there, so I highly doubt they sold him on any type of "winning tradition"/"we're big time" pitches.

Oh well, best of luck Tim. Slow recruitment weekend other than that.

Comment

Rivals is reporting Rickey Neal of Racine, WI to the Panthers. Listed as an athlete at 6'3" 200. Had offers from Eastern Mich and Ill St. He was a dual threat QB in high school.

This from Allen Trieu at Scout from Feb 12, 2013 (is that enough credit to post?)

As a sophomore, Rickey Neal played his first full season of varsity football, and while many young players struggle with the increase in competition level, that was not the case with him.
                "I'd say it wasn't a tough transition at all because lower levels of football came easy to me," he explained. "Once I got to the higher level, it was fun. It was exciting to play better competition. I did the best I could with what I had."

As a junior, Neal really blossomed. Playing quarterback, he rushed for 1,259 yards and passed for 480, scoring 17 combined touchdowns along the way. He was team MVP, named 1st Team All-Conference, All-Region and All-Area.

At 6'3, 200-lbs, he has the size schools look for. Even better, he has a 3.6 GPA in the classroom. As a result, schools have been stopping in to check in on him.

"Colleges that stopped by are Michigan State, Ball State, Minnesota, Central Michigan, and Northern Illinois. As far as I can remember, those are the only ones, but I know some schools are interested in me like Wisconsin and North Dakota."

One thing coaches will have to figure out is where to best use Neal's array of physical tools.

"They're really just moving me around at any skill position and all things I'm capable of: quarterback, wide receiver, running back, some safety, even tight end too."

Neal doesn't mind projecting to any of those spots, saying, "whatever it takes to get to the next level."

There is little doubt that as more schools find out about this talented athlete, he will continue to receive more and more mail and interest. When that happens, he hopes to hear more from the two bitter rivals he says he followed growing up.

"The Ohio State University and Michigan, those were the two, even though they were rivals, they were the two I always followed. Michigan sent some mail, just interest letters and I liked the Florida State Seminoles too."
                Last edited by Unionpanther; 02-02-2014, 10:35 AM.

Comment

A link is preferred, and if it's subscription only content, it's best not to post it unless given permission from the site.
                  The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Is his dad Richard Neal, Director of Football Operations?

Comment

Adewale Adeoye commits to Utah St

Lee Crosby down to New Mexico and Wyoming it sounds like

Ezra Szczyrbak no longer has an offer from NDSU so it's down to us and UND apparently.

Matt Reader will play both football and basketball at Chadron State College (Nebraska)

Comment

Sounds like Eli Dunne is going to be a Panther according to the Barnstormers twitter:
                        @IA_Barnstormers: Former Stormer and Grinnell QB Eli Dunne committed last week to play football at UNI. Congrats @elidunne, and good luck at the next level!
                        Daurice Fountain is down to us, South Dakota and Illinois State.

Also still also waiting for confirmations on Rickey Neal Jr and Brady Frey.
                        Last edited by panther-state; 02-03-2014, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Found another one:

@BrandonToman_15: Well I might as well make it official now. I will be playing at the University of Northern Iowa next year!!! #Blessed #GoPanthers #UNI 🏈
                          QB out of Madison. Welcome to UNI Brandon! We beat out ISUr, North Dakota and Northern Illinois for him

Comment

Good job keeping up on this and keeping it organized!

Comment

Illinois State reporting that they got a "Big Bird" from Wisconsin tonight. I was a little shook..until I saw this:

@Pg_Reinhardt: Illinois State has moved on from late-deciding Madison, Wis., receiver Daurice Fountain.
                              Source is from the ISU beat writer for the Bloomington Pantagraph. The Wisconsin commit is likely a DL, Chad Kanugh. Kanugh was originally committed to WIU. I guess with all the decommitting going on Normal it was about time they had one go their way.

By the way...I just realized that our QB commit Brandon Toman is Fountain's teammate. I hope they want to continue their football careers together. Can't tell you how much I hope we land this kid. We always do such a great job at developing receivers and I think this kid is a total stud
                              Last edited by panther-state; 02-03-2014, 07:13 PM.

Comment

I really hope we get fountain, it seems that you can never have enough good receivers, getting his QB has to help.

I will say I like the get of Eli Dunne, big strong kid with a cannon of an arm, and a coaches kid, wouldn't surprise me at all if he replaced Sawyer in 2 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X