WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sharky's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharky's

I never thought I'd see Sharky's referenced on a Rotoworld update:

Find all the latest Rotoworld fantasy sports news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.

"Bears CB Deiondre' Hall and Packers CB Makinton Dorleant were arrested in Cedar Falls, Iowa on Saturday night.
    Both played college football at Northern Iowa. Hall was cited for disorderly conduct, public intoxication, and interference, while Dorleant was booked for interference. Witnesses told KWWL in Iowa that they believed Hall was hit with a taser by Cedar Falls police. The incident reportedly happened at a bar called "Sharky's" near or on the University of Northern Iowa campus. Mar 26 - 7:56 PM
    Source: KWWL Iowa"

Re: Sharky's

Comment

DBs always seem to have a knack for getting into and/or causing trouble.

Comment

I literally saw both of these guys and had shots with each one Friday night at Sharkys.

Comment

Can't fix stupid.

Comment

Classic UNI football.

Comment

sounds like the two of them (along with many others on the Hill, I'm sure) got drunk and stupid. Fight broke out (as happens quite often when people get drunk and stupid), police were called, and people continued to be drunk and stupid.

Never understood why people enjoy drinking so much, as it always leads to trouble.
              Will be interesting to see if either of them are further reprimanded by their teams

"The bouncer at the front door, he wasn’t letting us in,” Dorleant told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel in a telephone interview. “He forced me out, and then Deiondre’ saw it and there was a little shoving, like other guys too that we were hanging out with. Then the police came and they just had to separate us.

“They took me and Deiondre’ — not away but they drove us off just because there was a scene. We ended up driving away downtown. Then we got let go. That was really it. Nothing else really happened from what I know.”

Comment

There was also a party bus involved

Comment

I'll ignore the fact that two NFL players felt the need to go to Cedar Falls, but why in the world would they go to Sharky's? Do the linemen still do shirts off Saturdays at Suds? Does Sharky's still let minors in? Does the dance floor still smell like urine? Would they play "Get Low" on request if I went back to relive my glory days? So many questions.

Comment

Well that's one way for UNI football to make the front page of ESPN...

Comment

Originally posted by panther1 View Post
                      Well that's one way for UNI football to make the front page of ESPN...
                      The one time we are not referred to as Northern Illinois...

Comment

Originally posted by Trapped in California View Post
                        The one time we are not referred to as Northern Illinois...
                        No big deal, this happened in Cedar Rapids.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_beeding View Post
                          I'll ignore the fact that two NFL players felt the need to go to Cedar Falls, but why in the world would they go to Sharky's? Do the linemen still do shirts off Saturdays at Suds? Does Sharky's still let minors in? Does the dance floor still smell like urine? Would they play "Get Low" on request if I went back to relive my glory days? So many questions.
                          I remember when Sharky's was the "nice bar" and the Stein was the "dive bar."
                          "And immediately, (P'Allen Stinnett's) Facebook status was spouting vulgarities towards the university."

Comment

Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post
                            Classic UNI football.
                            Not really.
                            "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

Originally posted by dan_beeding View Post
                              Wow. Talk about a whole lot of nostalgia in one post. Get Low. Classic.
                              "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

Working...
                              X