WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNI Presidential Search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNI Presidential Search

Oh, average tenure of a university president today is five years. Five measly years.

Comment

Originally posted by MsKitka View Post
      Okay....so it's between Theobald and Wohlpart....but it's not close. In your mind, who's got the edge??
      I said I don't think its close between those two and the third.

I also said I have no idea why, nor anything along those lines. It' just a hunch that I have based entirely on nothing other than initial reaction.

For all I know it's Nook by a mile

Comment

Originally posted by claw View Post
        I said I don't think its close between those two and the third.

I also said I have no idea why, nor anything along those lines. It' just a hunch that I have based entirely on nothing other than initial reaction.

For all I know it's Nook by a mile
        ---
        Thanks for the clarification. I thought you were saying that it was close between Nos. 1 and 2, and that between them it was not a close race.

Comment

---
          Thanks for the clarification. I thought you were saying that it was close between Nos. 1 and 2, and that between them it was not a close race.
          Oh, no. I know nothing of the happenings around. Just based on my reading on the candidates and basing my "gut" reaction is it's the first two. Maybe that's because by the time the 3rd one came out I was tired of reading about them. It just seems someone with existing UNI ties would be a good fit and Theobald's resume reads better than Nook IMO.

I'm watching the forums for each. Maybe I'll change my mind after that.

Comment

I liked Theobald's forum the best and like that he's from a major market and larger university. He would be my choice based solely on this process.

However, I think it will be Wohlpart. He's well liked around campus, he knows UNI and he can hit the ground running. He feels like the guy they hired as provost knowing that the relationship with Ruud may not have been salvageable at the Regents level.

I don't think you can go wrong with either.

I thought Nook was a distant, distant third. He came off as that guy that thinks he knows all of your inside jokes and stands on the edge of your group of friends and just nervously laughs when everyone else does.
            #MACtion

Comment

Oh, average tenure of a university president today is five years. Five measly years.
              Who has final say on the job?

If the Regents themselves, look for the hire to be whomever will not make waves of any kind for them. They might appreciate someone who tries to find money outside of the legislature, to make their lives easier. But they know that the gov. and leg. will not change the allocation model as it is, unless it is to make further cuts.
              "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Totally off topic, but fantastic choice with the screen name. Wasn't she played by Lee Meriwether?

Comment

Regents have final say in the hire.

Thanks for the compliment on the screen name! I've always loved the movie and I think it was, indeed, Lee Meriwether who played the role.

Comment

It's Mark Nook, according to the Regents' online meeting.
                    "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

See. I was completely wrong.

I'll have to go watch his forum now.

Comment

Be encouraged guys.

Very, very invested in athletics and performing arts. He comes across awkward because he's literally a rocket scientist and we know how those guys tend to be.

We should be thrilled that we got a great pool of candidates. UNI is a great place.
                        #MACtion

Comment

Many campus people will be disappointed...

Comment

I think Nook will do a good job! He has a lot of administrative experience with similar institutions and did a nice job in the interview process. Hopefully Wohlpart will stick around for awhile because he is a very good provost!

Comment

Originally posted by Panther'73 View Post
                              Many campus people will be disappointed...
                              Specifically why? I'm not necessarily disagreeing, just trying to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIpanther99 View Post
                                Specifically why? I'm not necessarily disagreeing, just trying to understand.
                                Wohlport is well liked on both sides of Hudson and has done a really good job as interim moving UNI forward. Comments I've heard is he is great to work with. I've heard him speak more than once and was impressed by his vision for UNI.

Comment

Working...
                                X