WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

December 3rd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• December 3rd

In looking at the schedule on 12/3 we have:

-The UNI Open(wrestling) scheduled for all day in the Dome
    -Basketball in the McLeod 7pm vs. CSU
    -The potential for hosting VB in the McLeod
    -Likely football game in the Dome

See no way they can move the UNI Open, so it would look like a home playoff game in football would need to be at night. So we could have a BB and and FB game going on at the same time? That will be a crazy Saturday.

Re: December 3rd

Volleyball could be Thurday Friday, Friday Saturday, or Saturday Sunday I believe, Jay help me out on this. Hope for Thursday Friday

Wrestling Early

Football Kickoff at 7:00

Basketball at 1:00 am did it before might as well do it again.

Comment

So would wrestling be done by 5:00-5:30? I honestly have no idea how long these wrestling opens take.

Comment

How many mats is the UNI wrestling open?

Comment

Hope this doesn't screw up hosting football. Any chance they end up with a Friday night football game?

Comment

Originally posted by Newsbreaker View Post
            Hope this doesn't screw up hosting football. Any chance they end up with a Friday night football game?
            The Quarters and Semis have Friday/Saturday games but not for the 2nd round. So not sure what the NCAA would do.

Comment

The brackets say not until the next round.

Comment

The NCAA site lists the first two rounds of the VB playoffs as taking place Dec. 1-4, which is thurs.-sun., though I believe the preference is for fri./sat.
                they also require court availability for each team to have practice time (on the same court as the competition will be held), I believe both on the day before the first match, and the day of.

I had noticed some possible conflicts for court time in the McLeod when looking at the schedules in early october, so I had sent an inquiry to the athletic dept., and this is the response I had received:
                UNI plans to bid for 1st and 2nd rounds of the NCAA tournament again this year. Our team deserves the opportunity to host NCAAs in McLeod and we hope we are awarded a site.

We have contingency plans in place and have already discussed our plans for game time changes, etc. But you forgot to add a possible NCAA playoff football game in the UNI Dome to the list for that same weekend!
                Though I'm not sure what those game time changes and contingency plans are exactly, hopefully they're still valid.

As for wrestling, is that held in the Dome, or do they do everything in the West Gym now?

Comment

Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
                  How many mats is the UNI wrestling open?
                  I want to say they have 8 mats, but it may be more. I believe it starts around 9am. I don't think they can lay the mats over a covered turf, but could be wrong and not sure when it should end, but I would think by 5pm.

Comment

I'm wondering if they could have it at some place like Young Arena

Comment

Wrestling moves to Sunday.

Volleyball plays Thursday/Friday

Football at 3:00

Basketball stays at 7:00

Most logical to me...
                      #MACtion

Comment

I would ask the media relations crew if they knew anything about the situation at the press luncheon on Monday, but I don't think I'll be done with work early enough to make it.

Comment

Originally posted by alleycat View Post
                          I want to say they have 8 mats, but it may be more. I believe it starts around 9am. I don't think they can lay the mats over a covered turf, but could be wrong and not sure when it should end, but I would think by 5pm.
                          They have put wrestling mats on top of the football field several times before, fwiw.

This is going to be one hell of a crazy weekend. What a weekend for Panther fans.
                          UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                          iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
                            They have put wrestling mats on top of the football field several times before, fwiw.
                            Has it been put on the new turf? I know they put it over the old stuff.

Comment

womens basketball has a home game scheduled for Thursday night at 7 p.m. vs. SEMO as welll

Comment

Working...
                              X